Ex-Georgia cop gets 12 years in prison for killing a naked, unarmed black man. Needs to be life!

He was unarmed, attacked no one. You call the rubber truck that has a net.
The COP was the one assaulting the man.

He was naked and charged the cop.

I would of shot his ass too.

Or is it that he was black.

Was it? I'm betting you already have your mind made up that he shot the guy because he was black. Am I right?

Since I am not a mind reader, I don't know if he shot him because he was black or not. I do know that the young man is dead and the cop basically got away with murder.

The cop was doing his job and a crazy naked guy charged him..

It's fun being an arm chair quarter back, huh?

His job is not to murder folks, Smfh.

Was it? I'm betting you already have your mind made up that he shot the guy because he was black. Am I right?

Since I am not a mind reader, I don't know if he shot him because he was black or not. I do know that the young man is dead and the cop basically got away with murder.

So if you claim that you're not a mind reader and don't know that he shot the guy because he was black then your question may as well have been: "Or is it that he was a Justin Bieber fan."

You only ask the question because he was black. But he was also male, a veteran, naked, threatening and screaming.

How is a naked man threatening, was he swinging his Johnson at him?

You have no sense of decency, you never did in 20 years

Answer the question, how was the naked man threatening him?

So if you claim that you're not a mind reader and don't know that he shot the guy because he was black then your question may as well have been: "Or is it that he was a Justin Bieber fan."

You only ask the question because he was black. But he was also male, a veteran, naked, threatening and screaming.

You answer the question pervert ..

Former Georgia cop who killed a naked black man gets 12 years in prison - CNN
A former Georgia police officer was sentenced to 12 years in prison Friday for the killing of a mentally ill, unarmed and naked black man in 2015.

DeKalb County Superior Court Judge LaTisha Dear Jackson gave Robert "Chip" Olsen a 20-year term, with 12 years to be served in custody. Under the sentence, Olsen is prohibited from working in law enforcement, possessing firearms or profiting from the case.
Dear Jackson praised what she said was the strength, fortitude and compassion of the family of the victim, 26-year-old Afghanistan war veteran Anthony Hill. She said she had also watched the defendant closely during the trial.
"Many might have thought you were stoic and void of emotion," the judge told Olsen. "From the time opening statements started, I saw the tears that you've had. I saw how you replayed March 9, 2015, in your head."
Prosecutors had asked the court for a 25-year sentence with five years probation.

:dunno: So this Murdering Whitey WN killer cop goes to a Georgia jail to start his 12 years of survival.
I can see he will move from the Killer COP crew shooting Blacks team to the Prison Killer team.
As he will need to kill someone in jail to get whitey protection in jail.
This Coward will be crying and be sucking dick and get raped soon.
You sound bitter-what is your beef? Are you related?

You are not so naive as to think one needs a weapon to threaten someone.

You answer the question pervert ..

I knew you were just running that DS as usual.

He is a fucking police officer, he is trained to handle situation like that. Are you telling me he is trained if confronted by a naked man to shoot him. You stop being naïve.

He is a fucking police officer, he is trained to handle situation like that. Are you telling me he is trained if confronted by a naked man to shoot him. You stop being naïve.

In other words, you think he shot him because he's black.

You've shot down every other suggestion and disallowed any other factors but at the same time you say you can't say for sure he shot him because he's black because you're not a mind reader. There's only one factor left: The guy was black.

It seems to me that this is exactly what you're saying. And let's not forget the fact that, in light of your assertion that you're not a mind reader, you are accusing the cop of murder which means you claim to know what his intentions were.

I will say this about police involved unarmed shootings: I think a lot of them simply overreact and panic out of sheer survival, training notwithstanding. Training or no, instinct takes over when you actually feel your life is in danger. There are far too many cases where the cop was killed in these types of situations and every officer knows this and they take that knowledge with them on the job.

Ann 11 1/4 inch baton ?

Actually this is how they have been trained in many instances. It's a part of what many of us are trying to change.

In other words he murdered him.

You've shot down every other suggestion and disallowed any other factors but at the same time you say you can't say for sure he shot him because he's black because you're not a mind reader. There's only one factor left: The guy was black.

I haven't shot down anything I have posted the obvious.

It seems to me that this is exactly what you're saying. And let's not forget the fact that, in light of your assertion that you're not a mind reader, you are accusing the cop of murder which means you claim to know what his intentions were.

When you fire a gun at someone, what are your intentions?

I will say this about police involved unarmed shootings: I think a lot of them simply overreact and panic out of sheer survival, training notwithstanding. Training or no, instinct takes over when you actually feel your life is in danger. There are far too many cases where the cop was killed in these types of situations and every officer knows this and they take that knowledge with them on the job.

I am trying to figure out how you feel like your life is in danger from a butt naked man.

Former Georgia cop who killed a naked black man gets 12 years in prison - CNN
A former Georgia police officer was sentenced to 12 years in prison Friday for the killing of a mentally ill, unarmed and naked black man in 2015.

DeKalb County Superior Court Judge LaTisha Dear Jackson gave Robert "Chip" Olsen a 20-year term, with 12 years to be served in custody. Under the sentence, Olsen is prohibited from working in law enforcement, possessing firearms or profiting from the case.
Dear Jackson praised what she said was the strength, fortitude and compassion of the family of the victim, 26-year-old Afghanistan war veteran Anthony Hill. She said she had also watched the defendant closely during the trial.
"Many might have thought you were stoic and void of emotion," the judge told Olsen. "From the time opening statements started, I saw the tears that you've had. I saw how you replayed March 9, 2015, in your head."
Prosecutors had asked the court for a 25-year sentence with five years probation.

:dunno: So this Murdering Whitey WN killer cop goes to a Georgia jail to start his 12 years of survival.
I can see he will move from the Killer COP crew shooting Blacks team to the Prison Killer team.
As he will need to kill someone in jail to get whitey protection in jail.
This Coward will be crying and be sucking dick and get raped soon.

12 years is basically a life term for a police officer who is sent up for killing a black youth, one of America's Sacred Cows

You may be right that Officer Olsen will have his hands full fighting for his manhood in the joint. A lot of Homos in Georgia, if I remember "Deliverance" correctly.

I don't know what I would do if I saw a mentally insane black guy running nude around here. But the police learned to turn away and pretend they didn't see it this week.

I am trying to figure out how you feel like your life is in danger from a butt naked man.

Maybe he feels his Manhood is in danger? A lot of guys have a problem with taking it in the caboose

So you are telling me the officer was scared the dude was going to rape him.

He might have been. Deliverance was based in Georgia.

Its really tough to get inside his head. A lot of police officers might be afraid to admit that, as it would make them seem like a Homophobe, quite literally. Fear of sodomy

In other words he murdered him.

Because he was black. Yes?

Why not just say outright that you think the cop shot him because he was black? Why tapdance around it with lame evasions like "I'm not a mind reader"?

I haven't shot down anything I have posted the obvious.

No, you haven't. No one is debating the obvious and the facts of the case, they're debating as to whether it was justified self defense. All you have done is post your opinion that the cop murdered him out of malice and intent.

When you fire a gun at someone, what are your intentions?

To defend myself or my loved ones.

I'll tell you what, you go and be a cop for a while and tell me what it's like to go to work every day knowing you might get killed for as little as a traffic stop. This website cites numbers of officers killed in the line of duty and in 2019 alone, 37 were murdered by gunfire, 3 by assault and 3 by vehicular assault. In 2018 there were 52 killed by gunfire, 3 by assault and 9 by vehicular assault.

Lots of occupations have risks of accidents and whatnot but law enforcement is the only profession that (outside of military in times of war and combat), by its very nature, will have people deliberately and actively try to murder you just for doing your job.

According to this website, law enforcement is number fourteen on a list of thirty four of the most dangerous professions.

The cop got 12 years. You can say he deserved it, thats fair he probably could have taken some other action other than shooting the guy. Maybe he should have not been so frightened. Seems to me the judge and jury agreed with that... looks to me that the system worked right , not WHITE. Heavy sentencing for cops will assure they will not feel afraid anymore in certain situations ... seems logical right?
I wish you could be a cop though and experience what they go through, then get back to us, you know that black cops shoot more black citizens than white cops right?

Pretty much a bunch of excuse making for the most part. He got 12yrs and will be out in 6yrs, the young man who was murdered is NEVER coming back. I don't really need to be a cop to know I don't need a gun for an UNARMED man who is naked. The system has ALWAYS worked for white and there are so many cases to prove it, it really isn't worth the time to try and post them.

You cant give the cop life in prison unless you know it was premeditated. You don't know what was in his mind. I'm sure he wasn't expecting a naked guy to come running at him. And no, the cop did not get away with murder, he's going to prison. Please tell me why a cop would willingly throw away his career and life because he wants to shoot a black man. Your just a hater yourself , its pretty obvious.

The hater is folks like you that try to make excuses every time a cop murders a black man, you have every excuse in the world for why he did this or why he did that. Does training teach him that his first move against a naked man is to pull his weapon and fire? He will be out in 6yrs are you saying that is ample time to serve for taking a man's life.

Is it enough time? I don't know and neither do you. i wasn't on the jury or in the court room to see all the evidence, and neither were you. Do you want to live in a country with rules of law or not? you cant give someone life sentence or charge them in the first degree unless you can prove intent and premeditation.... third degree murder has a lower thresh hold and a lower sentence. But maybe you would like to go to prison for life someday if you are found guilty while defending yourself in a situation you didn't plan on happening.

There was a trial, the Judge and jury determined what they had to based on facts and the cop got time. Justice was served but you are simply looking at the fact it was a black man and a white cop.

Forum List

Back