Ex-cop who killed Daunte Wright lays out possible defense

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
This was a tragic mistake. The idea that she meant to shoot Wright seems ridiculous when you review the evidence.
Wright's own behavior brought this tragedy on to himself.

Exclusive: Senator Cotton delays vote on Biden's pick for powerful China job at Commerce
Biden zeroes in on Califf to head FDA as deadline nears
1634253672352.png

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A former suburban Minneapolis police officer who has said she meant to use a Taser instead of a handgun when she shot and killed Daunte Wright in April is laying out her potential defenses ahead of her November trial.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to hit that car when I drove home drunk and besides, a 16 year old should be home in bed at 1 in the morning so it's partially his fault he died.

I didn't mean to hit that car when I drove home drunk and besides, a 16 year old should be home in bed at 1 in the morning so it's partially his fault he died.
Terrible analogy.

More like protester illegal blocking traffic and you accidentally hit the gas pedal instead of the brake.

This was a tragic accident...and if old what's his name would have complied with police directives...he'd still be alive.

She wasnt drunk. Plenty of people are killed in car accidents every day, but no one goes to jail for it if its an accident.

How is it not justified regardless of if she intended to use the taser or the gun? The thug was fleeing in a 2000 lb weapon. The original contact was completely legal.

Forum List

Back