Evil flourishes because most don't have courage

As for masks, I'm not an epidemiologist, but from what I've heard, masks will help to slow the spread of the virus.
Does that mean you are not fine with getting Covid today, but if the rate is slowed, you are fine with coming down with it in two months or so?
I have yet to get Covid and masks may have had some part in that. I have got the vaccine so likely I won't be coming down with it in a two months or so. I'm also nearly certain I have gotten anyone sick either.

Not terrified but very sad there are people in the world who care so little for others and then wonder why there is evil in the world.
Nonsense. You are so terrified of a virus that you shut down schools, restaurants, playgrounds, etc. than risk coming down with it. This is thinking only of self--that everyone else should tiptoe around you even if you have to kill their education, their livelihood, etc. to avoid that 1.7 percent chance that you might catch the virus and not survive. You are willing to put everyone in masks on the off chance that it just might help you. You are willing to accuse others of being mass murderers in order to force them to bow down to you rather than take that 1.7 percent chance. And you call that love.

What I see is that if there is even 1.7 percent chance of your dying, you are willing to forego loving anyone else in order to keep yourself safe.

Interesting you wish to emulate the life a serial killer.
Wow! Control of others is so vital to you, that you are willing to call them murderers if is what it takes to force them to bow down and give up their livelihood, their education, their playtime with others in order that you might feel a bit more secure. Meanwhile, I am more than willing to risk my life when the social effects of this virus is causing someone despair. I am not going to sell my courage for 1.7 percent. It is worth more.

I have yet to get Covid and masks may have had some part in that. I have got the vaccine so likely I won't be coming down with it in a two months or so. I'm also nearly certain I have gotten anyone sick either.
How many have been caused to turn to drugs, alcohol, and suicide? But go ahead, pat yourself on the back.

For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.

Simon Wiesenthal

I'm convinced of it, and I think it is all due to a lack of courage. This is why medals are given to people who display courage, because it is rare. This is why people lay flowers at the graves of people who were courageous with a nervous smile on their faces.

Most people don't have courage. In fact, the vast majority just want "safety".

This is why our freedoms continue to disappear every day, the reason why tyrants come to power. It is because people are willing to trade their freedoms away for comfort and safety. Spiritually, we then face either being thrown to the lions or giving in to the culture.

We crave freedom, but settle for safety on the plantation.

There is no fixing human nature. It is our destiny................

Thank God life is so short and we have hope of a better life afterward
There is probably some truth in what you say but I believe the real problem is that we let other people do our thinking for us. We love to follow strong political leaders who tell us what we want to hear, usually that our country is the best and our people are the greatest but we're only doing poorly because of a group (Jews, gays, immigrants, Catholics, etc. have all been cited at different times in different places) that lives amongst us and is undermining our greatness. We have faith in our religious leaders who tell us what God(s) want us to do be it convert others to our religion, remove those in our religion who we classify as heretics, etc.
Excellent contribution!

I think what are saying is, we let the culture dictate our morals and we do this by following a human leader of some kind.

But this is how we are wired. As the Bible states, we are sheep so choose your shepherd wisely.

I feel sorry for the Left. Just look at their shepherds. What a train wreck!

Unfortunately too many so called Christians have turned to these corrupt vaccous morons instead of their God.

Evil persists today because our (united states) population has been dumbed down so much with media bullshit and is so divided by a minipulative Congress that we no longer can tell right from wrong or good from bad. The only thing that matters to our narcistic population is what they can get away with.
Indeed. As I said, people are sheep and sheep are stupid. It is nothing special in the US. It simply proves the Bible correct.

If their leader jumps over a cliff, they all follow

So choose your shepherd wisely.

Last edited:

Simon Wiesenthal

I'm convinced of it, and I think it is all due to a lack of courage. This is why medals are given to people who display courage, because it is rare. This is why people lay flowers at the graves of people who were courageous with a nervous smile on their faces.

This is why our freedoms continue to disappear every day, the reason why tyrants come to power. It is because people are willing to trade their freedoms away for comfort and safety. Spiritually, we then face either being thrown to the lions or giving in to the culture.

I am a lifelong coward.

That's why I admire people of courage.

I really admire Ms. Margaret Sanger for her efforts to let women plan their births.

I really admire My Pillow man for his efforts (I do not know whether he is right or wrong) despite all the attempts to destroy his business.

Today many people are too "cowardly" to speak out against cancel culture. I do not blame them. They need their jobs to feed their families.

But there are always a few human beings who are willing to accept the consequences of being courageous. Take that man in Russia who was poisoned and was allowed to go to Europe for treatment. He then returned to Czar Putin's Russia, where his health is in bad condition. He appears ready to die in his efforts to bring a little democracy to that land.

And, oh yes, look at Senator Manchin, a Dem, who -- so far -- has the guts to defy the woke Dems.
There is a certain level of courage admitting you are a coward, so don't be too hard on yourself.

I'm not sure whether one can admire someone like Margaret Sanger, I mean, who did she have to fear targeting blacks for extermination with Planned Parenthood? After all, at the time the entire country was pretty much racist as she went from clan rally to clan rally for support. The clan were lynching blacks, not the other way round

But the pillow guy, absolutely! He has put everything on the line for what he believes, including his reputation.

It takes courage whether or not you believe him or not.

And the man who defied Putin who was murdered for it, sometimes I wonder if they add to the cowardice. Do people see that and become that much more afraid of him or did his stand mean something? Difficult.

And Senator Manchin, remember, he is in a red state, so I'm not sure how much credit you can give him.

Now if he was from California, I would be in awe of him.

Not terrified but very sad there are people in the world who care so little for others and then wonder why there is evil in the world.
Nonsense. You are so terrified of a virus that you shut down schools, restaurants, playgrounds, etc. than risk coming down with it. This is thinking only of self--that everyone else should tiptoe around you even if you have to kill their education, their livelihood, etc. to avoid that 1.7 percent chance that you might catch the virus and not survive. You are willing to put everyone in masks on the off chance that it just might help you. You are willing to accuse others of being mass murderers in order to force them to bow down to you rather than take that 1.7 percent chance. And you call that love.

What I see is that if there is even 1.7 percent chance of your dying, you are willing to forego loving anyone else in order to keep yourself safe.
What you fail to comprehend is that there is a 1.7% chance that my not wearing a mask may kill someone else. I'm willing to wear that mask if it will keep others alive, people you don't seem to care about since they are less important than your freedom to go maskless.

Interesting you wish to emulate the life a serial killer.
Wow! Control of others is so vital to you, that you are willing to call them murderers if is what it takes to force them to bow down and give up their livelihood, their education, their playtime with others in order that you might feel a bit more secure. Meanwhile, I am more than willing to risk my life when the social effects of this virus is causing someone despair. I am not going to sell my courage for 1.7 percent. It is worth more.
It was you who said Typhoid Mary should not have been treated so poorly, even after she kill 3 people and sickened 50 others.

Simon Wiesenthal

There is probably some truth in what you say but I believe the real problem is that we let other people do our thinking for us. We love to follow strong political leaders who tell us what we want to hear, usually that our country is the best and our people are the greatest but we're only doing poorly because of a group (Jews, gays, immigrants, Catholics, etc. have all been cited at different times in different places) that lives amongst us and is undermining our greatness. We have faith in our religious leaders who tell us what God(s) want us to do be it convert others to our religion, remove those in our religion who we classify as heretics, etc.
Excellent contribution!

I think what are saying is, we let the culture dictate our morals and we do this by following a human leader of some kind.

But this is how we are wired. As the Bible states, we are sheep so choose your shepherd wisely.

Unfortunately too many so called Christians have turned to these corrupt vaccous morons instead of their God.
The Right has plenty of despicable shepherds too. Every religion and ideology has them. May we don't really need shepherds if we could stop acting like sheep.

Simon Wiesenthal

Excellent contribution!

The Right has plenty of despicable shepherds too. Every religion and ideology has them. May we don't really need shepherds if we could stop acting like sheep.
No, we are sheep. There is no getting round it.

So again, choose your shepherd wisely.

Granted, some lost sheep try to fend for themselves and are rather easily consumed by wolves.

What you fail to comprehend is that there is a 1.7% chance that my not wearing a mask may kill someone else. I'm willing to wear that mask if it will keep others alive, people you don't seem to care about since they are less important than your freedom to go maskless.
Do the math. What percentage of people are A-symptomatic? You are social distancing which makes the percentage of passing the virus on to someone else (unless you live with them) even lower. Next, some people will opt to wear a mask, on the off chance it may help to ward off a virus. Then you have to hit that 1.7% of the population that could die. By this time, the percentage is below one percent. You are not worried about anyone but yourself, that you might be in that 1.7%. You are worried because the government and the mass media tell you to be worried. Try doing your own research, about what works best, and what really doesn't have much effect one way or another. As it is, I think you want me in a mask so you can rest assured everyone else is just as terrified as you are. Some of us march to a different drummer, and that drummer is not government and the corporate mass media. Instead of thinking "me-me-me" our range of thinking expands to the greater population and all the other things that make up society and life. We take off our masks because we are the courageous and 1.7% is not worth selling our courage, our freedom, or going into lock down mode.

Do the math. Do the research. I vote for trusting my fellowman over the bureaucracy, over corporate interests.

It was you who said Typhoid Mary should not have been treated so poorly, even after she kill 3 people and sickened 50 others.
No, it wasn't. I do not know Typhoid Mary's story or even how she was treated by her neighbors. What other untruths do you feel are necessary to make whatever point it is you wish to make?

Do the math. What percentage of people are A-symptomatic? You are social distancing which makes the percentage of passing the virus on to someone else (unless you live with them) even lower. Next, some people will opt to wear a mask, on the off chance it may help to ward off a virus. Then you have to hit that 1.7% of the population that could die. By this time, the percentage is below one percent. You are not worried about anyone but yourself, that you might be in that 1.7%. You are worried because the government and the mass media tell you to be worried. Try doing your own research, about what works best, and what really doesn't have much effect one way or another. As it is, I think you want me in a mask so you can rest assured everyone else is just as terrified as you are. Some of us march to a different drummer, and that drummer is not government and the corporate mass media. Instead of thinking "me-me-me" our range of thinking expands to the greater population and all the other things that make up society and life. We take off our masks because we are the courageous and 1.7% is not worth selling our courage, our freedom, or going into lock down mode.

Do the math. Do the research. I vote for trusting my fellowman over the bureaucracy, over corporate interests.
I've had my shots and still elect to mask. I'm probably not going to suffer from a Covid infection but could still pass it on to someone else. I know a few people who have died of Covid, I know many more who suffered terribly and some who are experiencing serious long term problems. Is the drummer you march to an epidemiologist, a politician, a theologian, or a media pundit? I know who my drummer is.

Simon Wiesenthal

Acting with courage in the moment is an easy choice—in the heat of conflict. But acting courageously in a pre-planned sense and over an extended period of time is something entirely different. Some people will summon the guts to act, but then they'll want to be forgiven for their audacity and return to their "normal" state of being. Perhaps we just don't hate the enemy enough yet to display the necessary "courage" to eradicate him. I suppose we need to develop lasting hatred and find some way to endlessly refuel it. Of course, the enemy certainly hates us enough to continuously attempt to destroy us.

Our hate of evil is not sufficient?

Interesting.

You may just be right!

Biblically, we are commanded to hate evil.
the bible is a litany of forgeries and fallacies facilitated by those that use it for their own nefarious purposes - hate is evil and so goes the o p. votto. christianity.

the heart of the underlying misconstrued message is the spoken religion from that time - to triumph one over the other, good vs evil as the requirement to receive judgement to be enabled to flourish beyond the physiological restraints used for that purpose. the challenge to become sinless. for who care to attempt the feat.

Simon Wiesenthal

Acting with courage in the moment is an easy choice—in the heat of conflict. But acting courageously in a pre-planned sense and over an extended period of time is something entirely different. Some people will summon the guts to act, but then they'll want to be forgiven for their audacity and return to their "normal" state of being. Perhaps we just don't hate the enemy enough yet to display the necessary "courage" to eradicate him. I suppose we need to develop lasting hatred and find some way to endlessly refuel it. Of course, the enemy certainly hates us enough to continuously attempt to destroy us.

Interesting.

You may just be right!

the bible is a litany of forgeries and fallacies facilitated by those that use it for their own nefarious purposes - hate is evil and so goes the o p. votto. christianity.

the heart of the underlying misconstrued message is the spoken religion from that time - to triumph one over the other, good vs evil as the requirement to receive judgement to be enabled to flourish beyond the physiological restraints used for that purpose. the challenge to become sinless. for who care to attempt the feat.
Hate is evil? Let's at least pick on an evil we can even agree with which is the Nazi Third Reich. Even people who don't believe in sin and God quietly agree Hitler was demonic.

When we look at the Third Reich and see the wars it started, the Holocaust it inflicted, the destruction and hate it created, we are not to "hate" it?

Why would you not hate it? What on earth is wrong with you?

Simon Wiesenthal

Interesting.

You may just be right!

Hate is evil? Let's at least pick on an evil we can even agree with which is the Nazi Third Reich. Even people who don't believe in sin and God quietly agree Hitler was demonic.

When we look at the Third Reich and see the wars it started, the Holocaust it inflicted, the destruction and hate it created, we are not to "hate" it?

I suppose we need to develop lasting hatred and find some way to endlessly refuel it.
Hate is evil? Let's at least pick on an evil we can even agree with which is the Nazi Third Reich.
hate is evil - and when let lose is a lifetime to extinguish.

why in particular the nazi's ... who were predominantly christians till their war went south and they miraculously saw the light or the kkk or nearly every predominant organization throughout history all having in common, wantonly or not - manifest hatred.
1619270778271.png

christianity, all three desert religions and their scriptures no different and historically at the forefront of persecution and victimization of the innocent to the present day.

to claim christianity is virtuous in the practice of hatred is indeed - 4th century, biblical. and the height of self delusion.

Forum List

Back