EVERYONE is Sick of Outrage. And Political Correctness.

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
Someone ought to inform the Twitter Mobs (and campus snowflakes) that only Twitter Mobs love what they do--because everyone else seems to be dead sick of it.

A Morning Consult Poll of over 13,000 Americans finds that 81% of us agree that "people are too easily offended these days". This spans political beliefs: 94% of Republicans, 82% of Independents and even 70% of Democrats agree.

Moreover, only about a third of Americans would describe themselves as "politically correct". More on the survey here:

81% of Americans say people are too easily offended these days

It's appropriate to be outraged over outrageous things...

h29F4A65A

It's appropriate to be outraged over outrageous things...

h29F4A65A

For real, these rules are indelibly planted in my head courtesy of my grandma, along with the rule that you can wear white shoes on Easter but you have to put them away again until Memorial Day. God rest her soul, she would be aghast to know I sometimes wear sandals and boots in the same week on our climate....

The entire "I'm Offended" thing needs to end. It is at epidemic levels because it is MEDIA and SOCIAL MEDIA DRIVEN. The media wants to stir up controversy over nothing, and people's ego love to be the center of attention. People have become self obsessed about their "feelings".

Last edited:
The entire "I'm Offended" thing needs to end. It is at epidemic levels because it is MEDIA and SOCIAL MEDIA DRIVEN. The media wants to stir up controversy over nothing, and people's ego love to be the center of attention.

I don't care if people want to be offended and whatever with words. It's actually driving them out of restaurants and out of jobs and homes for things unrelated to said jobs and homes that is ridiculous. I've often said it's the New Puritan or Victorian era.

We're going to look back on this someday and wonder what the heck was going on--and everyone will deny having any part in the Outrage Mobs. The hilarious irony of LIBERALS doing this is what kills me. The former hippie "drugs sex rock and roll, live and let live" generation now running people to the guillotines for using the wrong pronoun.

But of course if you REALLY understand these little fascists, you know what's what.

What the Left refuses to see is how their behaviors re: PC and Identity Politics helped put Trump in the White House.

It was The Great Pushback of 2016. Enough people had had enough.
How do you explain the loss of the House after DJT won in 16?

What the Left refuses to see is how their behaviors re: PC and Identity Politics helped put Trump in the White House.

Agreed. The Left uses PC and Identity Politics to make themselves feel morally superior. They are not letting up on it either, in fact hey are doubling down. Get ready for another backlash. Just look at the Dem candidates for President. All far left kooks and one party hack that is going to try to convince the American public he is now even farther Left than them.

Trump didn't win the popular vote to begin with. As I said "enough people...." -- This madness animated enough people for him to sneak in, and now here we are.

How do you explain Obama losing the House AND the Senate midway through his first term? The opposing party usually takes at least one in the midterms.

Agreed. The Left uses PC and Identity Politics to make themselves feel morally superior. They are not letting up on it either, in fact hey are doubling down. Get ready for another backlash. Just look at the Dem candidates for President. All far left kooks and one party hack that is going to try to convince the American public he is now even farther Left than them.
My definition of it is "strategic outrage deployed to put your target on the defensive and change the conversation".

It's a tactic. It's dishonest and cowardly. And it's most certainly NOT liberal.

Trump didn't win the popular vote to begin with. As I said "enough people...." -- This madness animated enough people for him to sneak in, and now here we are.

What does the popular vote matter in a Presidential Election? That only shows that a few population centers are brainwashed Far Left Democrats. It does not reflect the country as a whole.

Last edited:
Two REAL liberals on being "offended" (rest in peace, Hitch!)

MUYhFT4.jpg

people_who_are_offended.jpg

C. Hitchens was a breathtakingly brilliant writer and thinker. There were times--mainly when he talked about religion--when he purposely tried to offend people, and it made him dumber. It dumbed down his writing and thinking. His writing about God was easily his dumbest writing. It didn't offend me, it was just poor argumentation, because it was angry and sloppy---it was meant to offend.

Forum List

Back