everybody should be packing iron

I instead chose to live somewhere where the threat of violence isn't so great that you need to pack at all times. Poor you. Now do you see how the obsession by the NRA and others over easy access to guns has ruined the US?

I can't think of a single place in the United States were I have ZERO chance of being a victim of crime. Even the slightest odds are unacceptable for me. You find the risk acceptable, me and my family don't

-Geaux

I couldn't raise a family in the US, when the opportunity arose, we moved to a safer country.

Well there you have it. Your solution works too.

Like I said earlier, I have served to defend the Constitution of the United States. Today, nothing has changed except my determination to not be assimilated. I will defend the Constitution until my last breath.

-Geaux

The points made by the gun grabbers = moot.

Opposition to banning guns is at the highest level since......ready for this......1959!!!!:up:

74%

Gallup Poll: Support for gun control is waning, opposition to handgun ban at all-time high

In 2014, lets face it.......gun grabbing is gay.

The irrational anti- American, anti-guns loon just hate facts. Freaking gun sales are soaring to levels never seen. It's clearly evident the United States will never allow her to become disarmed.

-Geaux

Wow, another thread where the gun nuts fantasize about all the people they want to shoot.

The guy in the theatre was living their dream.

Meh.. More like, criminals are fantasizing over looking down the business end of a Glock from the American they intend to harm.

-Geaux

I instead chose to live somewhere where the threat of violence isn't so great that you need to pack at all times. Poor you. Now do you see how the obsession by the NRA and others over easy access to guns has ruined the US?

I can't think of a single place in the United States were I have ZERO chance of being a victim of crime. Even the slightest odds are unacceptable for me. You find the risk acceptable, me and my family don't

-Geaux

I couldn't raise a family in the US, when the opportunity arose, we moved to a safer country.

Safety is an illusion sold to you by the government.

Places that ban guns have just as many assaults and violent crimes as anywhere else. You just choose not to be able to protect yourself or your family if it happens to you.

I think we can all agree that the shooter in this case should not have had a firearm. Now what is the minimum amount of regulation that would prevent someone like him from having a firearm?

I don't agree with that. He claims he was defending himself.

We have only heard one side of the story.

-Geaux

Like I said earlier, I have served to defend the Constitution of the United States. Today, nothing has changed except my determination to not be assimilated. I will defend the Constitution until my last breath.

-Geaux

Strawman argument. Reality is that the US is so dangerous because of lax gun laws and sales that everyone feels the need to pack.

High gun ownership makes countries less safe, US study finds | World news | theguardian.com

Seems like a massive problem where you live. :lol:

Violence is a problem everywhere.

It's your choice to not protect yourself should you be the victim of violence.

And don't worry if you are a victim of violence I will respect your right not to protect yourself and leave you alone.
Gimme a break, as soon as one shot is fired at anyone, you're pulling out your piece and blasting away. And I feel sorry for you that you have to live somewhere where going to the movies requires a gun. Poor you.

Or to the supermarket.

Three killed in Indiana supermarket shooting: police | Reuters

Wow, another thread where the gun nuts fantasize about all the people they want to shoot.

The guy in the theatre was living their dream.

That's right Joe......looks to me like 3 out of every 4 Americans is now a gun nut huh??!!!

Gallup Poll: Support for gun control is waning, opposition to handgun ban at all-time high

Whats scary s0n is you make uber-fringe statements every day in here and don't even realize they're fringe. Not that I'm complaining.......people who think like me would agree 100% that somebody like you makes these forums a fucking hoot!!:rock:

Harvard Gun Study Claims Banning Weapons Doesn't Decrease Violence

In the 46-page study, which can be read in its entirety here, Kates and Mauser looked at and compared data from the U.S. and parts of Europe to show that stricter laws don’t mean there is less crime. As an example, when looking at “intentional deaths,” or murder, on an international scope, the U.S. falls behind Russia, Estonia, and four other countries, ranking it seventh. More specifically, data shows that in Russia, where guns are banned, the murder rate is significantly higher than in the U.S in comparison. “There is a compound assertion that guns are uniquely available in the United States compared with other modern developed nations, which is why the United States has by far the highest murder rate. Though these assertions have been endlessly repeated, [the latter] is, in fact, false and [the former] is substantially so,” the authors point out, based on their research

In the 46-page study, which can be read in its entirety here, Kates and Mauser looked at and compared data from the U.S. and parts of Europe to show that stricter laws don’t mean there is less crime. As an example, when looking at “intentional deaths,” or murder, on an international scope, the U.S. falls behind Russia, Estonia, and four other countries, ranking it seventh. More specifically, data shows that in Russia, where guns are banned, the murder rate is significantly higher than in the U.S in comparison. “There is a compound assertion that guns are uniquely available in the United States compared with other modern developed nations, which is why the United States has by far the highest murder rate. Though these assertions have been endlessly repeated, [the latter] is, in fact, false and [the former] is substantially so,” the authors point out, based on their research

Are we actually suggesting that Russia is a modern developed nation? Really?

-Geaux

Strawman argument. Reality is that the US is so dangerous because of lax gun laws and sales that everyone feels the need to pack.

High gun ownership makes countries less safe, US study finds | World news | theguardian.com

That is not true- Criminals will and do use bats, knives etc..

To defend that, since LEO have no legal obligation to come to my aid...My choice is a gun

-Geaux

Last edited:

Are you actually suggesting that this study only looked at Russia?

BTW violent crime does not mean murder exclusively.

I think we can all agree that the shooter in this case should not have had a firearm. Now what is the minimum amount of regulation that would prevent someone like him from having a firearm?

An EX-cop?

No amount of regulation in place or proposed would have gotten the gun from his hands.

That's the problem, isn't it?

There is no crystal ball that going to tell us who is or is not going to become a dick with a gun.

We already know from the hundreds of people they kill in suspicious circumtances that COPS are a menace.

And if we cannot trust cops, who the hell can we trust?

Only ourselves, eh?

And that really means ME not YA'LL.

fAiL s0n........this is what he is suggesting ( from the article )

Many people believe that owning guns only increases the amount of crime. However, a recent study published in the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy concluded that there is a negative correlation between gun ownership and violent crime in countries internationally. In other words, the more guns the less crime. The study showed that nations with strict gun control laws have substantially higher murder rates than those who do not. In fact, the 9 European nations with the lowest gun ownership rate have a combined murder rate that is three times that of the nine European nations with the highest gun ownership rate.

Here is the whole paper from Harvard ( 4/13)

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

gun grabber k00k losing.:fu:

-Geaux

That is not true- Criminals will and do use bats, knives etc..

To defend that, since LEO have no legal obligation to come to my aid...My choice is a gun

-Geaux

I can agree that the US has so many guns now that even I would probably be forced to buy a gun if I moved my family back there. So banning guns is not on my radar, making them harder to buy would be, not selling assault weapons would be, restricting the sales of bullets to an amount needed yearly for hunting, which is not very many (the target ranges can sell some as well, for practise, competitions...), and I'd put a serial number on every shell casing, to track down the seller after a gang banging or whatever.

The eye-witnesses. Yeah, that is the side that counts.

Exactly.

Remember this ?

91108606-young-travon.jpg

Forum List

Back