everybody should be packing iron

A colt 1911 will never be obsolete.

True.

After 100 years most firearms technology is still viable, useful, and effective.

You're right..............the Colt 1911 is still effective, and hasn't gone obsolete.

However.....................they only fired 6 rounds before having to be reloaded.

Can anyone explain why you have to have 15 rounds (in a standard 9mm clip) to 30 rounds (in an expanded 9mm clip that was shot at Gabby Giffords)?

Sorry, but if you can't take your target down in 5 rounds or less, you shouldn't be shooting a gun.

I'm also wondering why you need to have 30 to 60 rounds in an AK-47 or AR-15 to hit your target or "hunt" as some of you gun nuts say.

If it's for home defense, you shouldn't need more than 5 to 9 rounds. If it's hunting, if you can't kill it after 3 rounds, you deserve to go hungry.

Why do we need 30 to 100 rounds in a single gun?

You don't have the need to know

Anyway, why does LEO use 15 round mags? Because they tend to spray and pray. That's why

-Geaux

Last edited:

True.

After 100 years most firearms technology is still viable, useful, and effective.

You're right..............the Colt 1911 is still effective, and hasn't gone obsolete.

However.....................they only fired 6 rounds before having to be reloaded.

Can anyone explain why you have to have 15 rounds (in a standard 9mm clip) to 30 rounds (in an expanded 9mm clip that was shot at Gabby Giffords)?

Sorry, but if you can't take your target down in 5 rounds or less, you shouldn't be shooting a gun.

I'm also wondering why you need to have 30 to 60 rounds in an AK-47 or AR-15 to hit your target or "hunt" as some of you gun nuts say.

If it's for home defense, you shouldn't need more than 5 to 9 rounds. If it's hunting, if you can't kill it after 3 rounds, you deserve to go hungry.

A colt 1911 45 takes an 8 round magazine plus one in the chamber

Besides magazine size is a red herring. It's easy to swap out a magazine in a couple seconds so 3 10 round or one 30 round magazine still put out the same rounds in close to the same amount of time.

True.

Besides magazine size is a red herring. It's easy to swap out a magazine in a couple seconds so 3 10 round or one 30 round magazine still put out the same rounds in close to the same amount of time.

Indeed- I can get off 30 rounds in 14 seconds using three guns with a sufficient on target score

-Geaux

Shawnee Woman Thwarts Home Invasion

Shawnee Woman Thwarts Home Invasion - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

SHAWNEE, Oklahoma - Armed with a gun and ready to shoot, a Shawnee woman defended her home as man broke down her door. It happened in broad daylight and she didn't back down.
Pam Loman and her husband, James, say they've lived on Homer Lane in Shawnee for over 10 years and have never had any problems. But early Friday afternoon, while Pam was home alone, she quickly figured out, three men outside her home were up to no good.

"I still feel queasy sick at my stomach, a little shaky, a little nervous," Pam said.

That fact that you don't realize, or will not admit, your point was invalid speaks volumes.
Except you can't point out the invalid part, now, can you?
On the contrary.... Its easily done.

Problem is you will refuse to muster the intellectual honesty necessary to accept that criticism and admit that you were proven wrong, so there's no ssense in trying.

Please - contunie to prove the point that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
You still haven't challenged my point. I guess you just can't. Not that I'm surprised.

Problem is you will refuse to muster the intellectual honesty necessary to accept that criticism and admit that you were proven wrong, so there's no ssense in trying.

Please - contunie to prove the point that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
You still haven't challenged my point. I guess you just can't. Not that I'm surprised.

What is your point again?

According to FBI statistics, AR-15's, M-4's, the demonic image promoted by radical, dangerous, liberal leftist, are used in less than 2% of all homicides. More than twice as many die by feet and fist

-Geaux

According to FBI statistics, AR-15's, M-4's, the demonic image promoted by radical, dangerous, liberal leftist, are used in less than 2% of all homicides? More than twice as many die by feet and fist

-Geaux

Not even close, please try again.

True.

The more astute ? is......why not?

The connect the dot challenged left talks about Newtown and brings up 30 round magazines on AR-15's......as if they didn't exist the tragedy doesn't happen. How fucking stoopid is that?

12G pump/sawed........6 rd tube........30 round belt X 2 of 00 buck.......same end result........assholes

So either you cant connect the dots or you are dishonest and have an agenda.

Thank God these assholes are fringe in 2014. >> http://www.guns.com/2013/10/26/gallup-poll-support-gun-control-waning-opposition-handgun-ban-time-high/

fRiNGe

Last edited:

According to FBI statistics, AR-15's, M-4's, the demonic image promoted by radical, dangerous, liberal leftist, are used in less than 2% of all homicides? More than twice as many die by feet and fist

-Geaux

Not even close, please try again.

What's not close?

-Geaux

I can't wait... Have to leave for the salt mines

But take time during your recess today to read this link

FBI: More people killed with hammers, clubs, fists than with rifles, shotguns

According to FBI crime statistics, more people were killed with hammers, knives, clubs and fists than with rifles between 2005 and 2011, Breitbart.com reported Thursday.

"This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course," Awr Hawkins wrote.

FBI: More people killed with hammers, clubs, fists than with rifles, shotguns - National Crime & Courts | Examiner.com

True.

You don't have to load that many rounds, it's a matter of personal choice. I use large capacity magazines to cut down on my reloading time.

In five rounds or less? Sounds easy enough, But what if you have multiple targets?

Normally you wouldn't load your gun to full capacity to go hunting. But it's nice to have the capability when target shooting.

Home defense? Again you're assuming one intruder, I suggest be prepared for multiple attackers and have your home defense weapon fully loaded and topped off.

It's not a question of "need" it's a question of "rights".

True.

You don't have to load that many rounds, it's a matter of personal choice. I use large capacity magazines to cut down on my reloading time.

In five rounds or less? Sounds easy enough, But what if you have multiple targets?

Normally you wouldn't load your gun to full capacity to go hunting. But it's nice to have the capability when target shooting.

Home defense? Again you're assuming one intruder, I suggest be prepared for multiple attackers and have your home defense weapon fully loaded and topped off.

It's not a question of "need" it's a question of "rights".

give this man a cigar.......100% correct.

But the gun grabber k00ks don't understand the difference between a scary looking gun and a plain old shotgun. The whole "magazine size" issue is beyond gone stoopid.

True.

that is very interesting, a standard 1911A1 magazine only holds 7 rounds, at least all my mags do, where do you find an 8 round mag, are they and extended mag ?

actually i think you just hit the 8 rather than the 7 on your keyboard. :lmao:

AND.., for the bikershiter.., 1911's do NOT use clips, the only gun i am familiar with that uses a "CLIP" is the rifle that won WWII for us......., the great M1 Garand.

RifleHeader.jpg

that is very interesting, a standard 1911A1 magazine only holds 7 rounds, at least all my mags do, where do you find an 8 round mag, are they and extended mag ?

AND.., for the bikershiter.., 1911's do NOT use clips, the only gun i am familiar with that uses a "CLIP" is the rifle that won WWII for us......., the great M1 Garand.

RifleHeader.jpg

If I had a dime for every time I had to correct someone that incorrectly calls a magazine a "clip", I could retire.

As for the 1911A1, some manufacturers makes a magazine that will hold 8 rounds.

I wouldn't prefer it however, I think the 1911A1 should use the magazine it was designed for.

True.

I see you arent familiar with the 1911.
8. 7 in the mag, one in the pipe.
9 if you have an 8 rd mag.
15 if you have a Para P-14.
17 if you have a P-16/40

Easy.
In a situation where you need to use a gun, you never, ever want to have to reload.
Larger magazines lessen the chance of that need.

It is imposisble for such a blanket statement to be sound, as every situation is different.

Ah... the inane "If you need 30 rounds to kill a deer" argument.
The right to arms is about killing people, not hunting. In a situation where you must kill people. why woudl you want less than 30 rounds?

Aside from that, why do you thinkg that having the capaity to put 30-rd mag in your deer rifle equates to needing all of that ammo to take the deer?

More blanket-statement inanity.

Thank you for helping to prove the premise that anti-gun loons acn only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishinesty.

Or honest enough to admit that it was done.

RifleHeader.jpg

If I had a dime for every time I had to correct someone that incorrectly calls a magazine a "clip", I could retire.

As for the 1911A1, some manufacturers makes a magazine that will hold 8 rounds.

I wouldn't prefer it however, I think the 1911A1 should use the magazine it was designed for.

They don't want you to have any mags.

RifleHeader.jpg

I have the 01991CCG with an 8 round mag.

Colt 1991® Series

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back