Every cloud has a silver lining: 89,000 IRS employees to be furloughed by sequester

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
The good news is, 89,000 IRS employees will be hit by the sequester, and furloughed.

The bad news is, they are the employees who are supposed to send you your refund and answer your questions.

(sigh)

--------------------------------------------------

Sequester Hits IRS, More than 89,000 Employees Furloughed - ABC News

Sequester Hits IRS, More than 89,000 Employees Furloughed

by ALISA WIERSEMA
April 23, 2013

A little more than a month into the sequester and fresh out of tax season, the Internal Revenue Service has decided to issue furlough notices to all of its employees next week.

According to an internal memo issued by Acting IRS Commissioner Steve Miller, "Everyone is covered by this furlough, and that means everyone from the Acting Commissioner and executives to managers and employees."

The first furlough days will include May 24, June 14, July 5, July 22 and August 30, with another two days possible in August or September.

On these days, all operations directed at the public, including toll-free help and Taxpayer Assistance Centers, will be closed.

According to the IRS Data Book, these furloughed services were used by more than 97 million taxpayers in the 2012 fiscal year. The agency processed more than 237 million tax returns and provided $373 billion in refunds to taxpayers, while collecting $2.5 trillion for the federal government.

Every notice how happy Republicans get when something hurts the country?

Thank you for posting that, Little Acorn.

Let's hope to read a lot more news about smaller government.

- Shutting down/delaying Keystone Pipeline hurt the country.....who was happy?
- A Democrat President and Cabinet Members say that 'Energy Prices necessarily need to rise'.....who is happy?
- The Affordable Healthcare Bill is passed and businesess and universities cap hours so they are not required to extend healthcare benefits....who is happy?

The good news is, 89,000 IRS employees will be hit by the sequester, and furloughed.

The bad news is, they are the employees who are supposed to send you your refund and answer your questions.

(sigh)

by ALISA WIERSEMA
April 23, 2013

A little more than a month into the sequester and fresh out of tax season, the Internal Revenue Service has decided to issue furlough notices to all of its employees next week.

According to an internal memo issued by Acting IRS Commissioner Steve Miller, "Everyone is covered by this furlough, and that means everyone from the Acting Commissioner and executives to managers and employees."

The first furlough days will include May 24, June 14, July 5, July 22 and August 30, with another two days possible in August or September.

On these days, all operations directed at the public, including toll-free help and Taxpayer Assistance Centers, will be closed.

According to the IRS Data Book, these furloughed services were used by more than 97 million taxpayers in the 2012 fiscal year. The agency processed more than 237 million tax returns and provided $373 billion in refunds to taxpayers, while collecting $2.5 trillion for the federal government.

thanks for posting that

(sigh)

by ALISA WIERSEMA
April 23, 2013

GOOD! The fewer government workers, the better.

Who is happy? Obama is hurting people with families and you folks just ignore his childishness. I thought Obama was just incompetent but after this sequester of his making I think he is a mean spirited pox on America. NO one is happy about that.

Outstanding. Other than military and first responders, furlough everybody at least 10% of their work days. I am fine with government salaries as long as government is being responsible.

We got a sequester because both parties played politics and failed to serve us.

Thus, civil service, you got the hit.

(sigh)

by ALISA WIERSEMA
April 23, 2013

:lol:

Who is happy? Obama is hurting people with families and you folks just ignore his childishness. I thought Obama was just incompetent but after this sequester of his making I think he is a mean spirited pox on America. NO one is happy about that.

yes it is not very becoming for the president

to try and put as much pain

on the people to get his way

It's the leadership of both parties.

this isnt like the first time

he has done this sort of thing to get his way

who can forget how he promised

the elderly that he would delay their SS payments

if the debt limit was not raised

what a jerk

this isnt like the first time

he has done this sort of thing to get his way

who can forget how he promised

the elderly that he would delay their SS payments

if the debt limit was not raised

what a jerk

Blame everyone who is to blame in the leadership. Obama and the leadership of both parties are to blame.

Ok.

Bullshit.

Cry me a fucking river.

This "sequester" shit is just that.
S-H-I-T

It's self-created by Obama Inc
And over bloated by the same bunch of clowns.

Every single gov't bureaucracy you ass-hats are crying over got an INCREASE in their budget over last year.

I am truly sorry that you cannot recognize the shell game, taking place before your eyes, that is only meant to shift blame away from your Uncle/Nanny.
"We will not let a crisis go to waste"

:cuckoo:

:fu:

Forum List

Back