Even Sully a real hero knows

Sully doesn't know the facts any more than the rest of us. The trouble concerning the story of Trump disparaging fallen US troops is the perception people have of Trump which leads them to believe it out of hand. It's like the right's line about Biden failing mental capacity that has him hiding in his basement. It's a matter of tossing things against the wall to see what sticks. Truth or not, they're both partially responsible for the holes that were dug for them. In next few months we'll see who does the better job of climbing out.

Capt. 'Sully' Sullenberger slams reported Trump comments on ...
thehill.com › homenews › administration › 515247-cap...

1 day ago - Retired airline pilot Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger on Friday ... author said in his Twitter thread this week that, in his view, Trump has failed to ...
Miracle on the Hudson pilot 'Sully' Sullenberger blasts Trump ...
www.cnn.com › 2020/09/05 › politics › sully-sullenberge...

21 hours ago - The pilot vaunted for his grace under pressure as he landed an airliner in the Hudson River called President Donald Trump "completely unfit"
Sounds like a conservative, well considered, analytical assessment, as you might expect from him, with his military background.
It's not "well considered" or "analytical." It's an emotional spleen venting, and nothing more. His "military background" doesn't mean a thing.

Ever go to school ? Read books ? You don't think your thinking process is guided by what you read and hear?
Sure I do... I did. Now I'm an adult. And I ask questions and make sure people can prove what it is they say. Unlike yourself. Because they are democrat you listen? MMmmm... Ok. You are a child with a vote. It's depressing.

And seems to me you give 2 shits about what the imbecile in the WH says Guess that makes you one too
Well of course I give two shits about what he says... He/She will actually have an impact on my life, and those I love. Sully...? Wasn't there.. Sorry.
When I stop listening ,,learning I'll be dead
Me too... But that doesn't mean anything to what we are talking about. If you would have supplied WHY he held that opinion we could talk about it. I don't have a problem with that.

A somewhat high profile person has an opinion... So? Unless they can back that opinion up with WHY they think it with some logic and reasoning, that opinions means nothing to me. Doesn't mean much to the majority of people.

Now... If I was religious and the Pope, or gand poo-bah whatever said something... I understand why you would think it would mean something. But it's not... It's a airline polite. Dude... WTF?
It's just another propaganda tactic. Only the stupid are fooled.

1 day ago - Retired airline pilot Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger on Friday ... author said in his Twitter thread this week that, in his view, Trump has failed to ...

21 hours ago - The pilot vaunted for his grace under pressure as he landed an airliner in the Hudson River called President Donald Trump "completely unfit"
Now wait a minute!
It's been a minute and I still don't give a shit.
Even if you had one you wouldn't give it
You and your fellow Mentally Ill are posting like you have the runs because you know Trump's going to win.
I'm just having a good time.

So tell us how many people you convinced to not vote for Trump...other than your pet dog.
This just gets me by Most of the time I look at stock markets I 'm not trying to get anyone to change their vote Just like to let you know how destructive you repubs are
I voted for Obama both times.
I will never again vote a Globalist into the Oval Office.

who gives a fuck bout who you vote for, fact is pussygrabber is a scumbag, and his followers are poorly educated cult slaves...
As always, nothing you post is a fact.

Good thing he's better at spotting landing sites than spotting a fake story.
Yes Todd some people are experts at some things but not others Trump is like that,, An expert of the con job but not much else
He doesn't know jack shit about the policies and procedures for transporting the President around.

There are a lot of people I respect personally, people who have expertise and good judgement or just are really decent human beings — many of them are politically miles away from my own views. I really think we should all feel this way. Life is complex. Being “politically correct” is not really the most thing about most of us.

Capt. Sully proved he was a person unusually worthy of respect and admiration. Not just because of his expertise as a pilot; still less because he was an Air Force veteran. He was personally courageous, utterly responsible under immense pressure, putting his passengers lives ahead of his own, and afterwards facing fame, and then bureaucratic carping and criticism with grace.

Politically his views are very different than my own — he voted Republican most of his life. Working and living in NY and NJ he got to see Donald Trump up close. He may even still have voted for him in 2016 — he did not mention how he voted in 2016 so far as I know.

What is clear is that his criticisms of Trump now are mostly personal. He didn’t speak primarily of Trump’s tax policy or foreign policy. He was judging the President for his character and conduct in the White House as early as 2018, and finding them wanting.

Character is not always important in judging a person’s ability to do a job. But I agree with Capt. Sully that the job of leader of our nation requires at least a minimum of integrity and character. Perhaps it would not be so important if our leader were not so narcissistic and infantile, but rather a team player. Unfortunately, Donald Trump is not a team player but a raging egoist, and he utterly fails the character test. He is bringing out the worst aspects in our national character as well.

Last edited:
There are a lot of people I respect personally, people who have expertise and good judgement or just are really decent human beings — many of them are politically miles away from my own views. I really think we should all feel this way. Life is complex. Being “politically correct” is not really the most thing about most of us.

Capt. Sully proved he was a person unusually worthy of respect and admiration. Not just because of his expertise as a pilot; still less because he was an Air Force veteran. He was personally courageous, utterly responsible under immense pressure, putting his passengers lives ahead of his own, and afterwards facing fame, and then bureaucratic carping and criticism with grace.

Politically his views are very different than my own. — he voted Republican most of his life. Working and living in NY and NJ he got to see Donald Trump up close. He may even still have voted for him in 2016 — he did not mention how he voted in 2016 so far as I know.

What is clear is that his criticisms of Trump now are mostly personal. He didn’t speak primarily of Trump’s tax policy or foreign policy. He was judging the President for his character and conduct in the White House as early as 2018, and finding them wanting. Character is not always the most important thing in judging a person’s ability to do a job. But I agree with Capt. Sully that the job of leader of our nation requires at least a minimum of integrity and character ... that our President has never shown.
I agree... With everything but the not meeting the minimum requirements. I think he meets the minimum.

Ben Thomson We need DESCRIPTIVE titles to threads so that members KNOW which topics have been posted. Title and OPost should comply with the Announcement about clean thread starts in the sticky section.. So on merging a LATER THREAD here -- I used THAT title instead of "Cant Wait"...

Forum List

Back