Even more good news on the Economic front

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
It's starting to get so that Rush really has to search to find something to complain about.

Employment Increased in 38 U.S. States in April
May 21, 2010, 11:28 AM EDT

By Courtney Schlisserman
May 21 (Bloomberg) -- Payrolls increased in 38 states in April, led by Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York, indicating the recovery in the labor market is becoming more broad-based.
Employers in Ohio boosted staff by 37,300 workers last month, the biggest jump in 22 years, the Labor Department said today in Washington. Those in Pennsylvania added 34,000 workers, and employment in New York climbed by 32,700.
The number of states showing payroll gains increased from 33 in March. Nationally, the U.S. has added jobs five of the past six months and payrolls increased by the most in four years in April, according to Labor Department data released May 7.
&#8220;The labor market is starting to show more sustained gains in jobs,&#8221; Jonathan Basile, an economist at Credit Suisse in New York, said before the report. &#8220;The bottom in the jobs picture has been reached.&#8221;

It's no wonder all the right-wingers keep talking endlessly about immigration.

Good... great even.

Now, I will let you know when I start feeling some of the love.

Immie

The Euro markets are about to implode and you think our economy is doing well....

It's starting to get so that Rush really has to search to find something to complain about.

By Courtney Schlisserman
May 21 (Bloomberg) -- Payrolls increased in 38 states in April, led by Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York, indicating the recovery in the labor market is becoming more broad-based.
Employers in Ohio boosted staff by 37,300 workers last month, the biggest jump in 22 years, the Labor Department said today in Washington. Those in Pennsylvania added 34,000 workers, and employment in New York climbed by 32,700.
The number of states showing payroll gains increased from 33 in March. Nationally, the U.S. has added jobs five of the past six months and payrolls increased by the most in four years in April, according to Labor Department data released May 7.
“The labor market is starting to show more sustained gains in jobs,” Jonathan Basile, an economist at Credit Suisse in New York, said before the report. “The bottom in the jobs picture has been reached.”

And then came May...April mass layoffs rise led by manufacturing | Reuters

• Banned
The Euro markets are about to implode and you think our economy is doing well....

There's not much we can do about that except hope for the best, now is there?

We seem to be doing alright as a nation though.

By Courtney Schlisserman
“The labor market is starting to show more sustained gains in jobs,” Jonathan Basile, an economist at Credit Suisse in New York, said before the report. “The bottom in the jobs picture has been reached.”

And then came May...April mass layoffs rise led by manufacturing | Reuters

Where the layoffs were half what they were a year ago? Not great news, but not awful. It's going to take time to dig us out of the hole the Republicans put us in.

No this is why:

In April 2005, the Government Accountability Office released a report on a study of 55,322 illegal aliens incarcerated in federal, state, and local facilities during 2003. It found the following:

* The 55,322 illegal aliens studied represented a total of 459,614 arrests &#8211; some eight arrests per illegal alien;

* Their arrests represented a total of about 700,000 criminal offenses &#8211; some 13 offenses per illegal alien;

* 36 percent had been arrested at least five times before.

And this:

According to Edwin Rubenstien, president of ESR Research Economic Consultants, in Indianapolis in 1980, federal and state correctional facilities held fewer than 9,000 criminal aliens. But at the end of 2003, approximately 267,000 illegal aliens were incarcerated in all U.S. jails and prisons. All on us taxpayers (the dwindling few that do pay taxes).

And this:

Based on a one-year in-depth study, Deborah Schurman-Kauflin of the Violent Crimes Institute of Atlanta estimates there are about 240,000 illegal immigrant sex offenders in the United States who have had an average of four victims each. She analyzed 1,500 cases from January 1999 through April 2006 that included serial rapes, serial murders, sexual homicides and child molestation committed by illegal immigrants.

And this:
Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa. If those numbers are correct, it translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens. That's 21,900 since Sept. 11, 2001.

But the carnage wrought by illegal alien murderers represents only a fraction of the pool of blood spilled by American citizens as a result of an open border and un-enforced immigration laws.

While King reports 12 Americans are murdered daily by illegal aliens, he says 13 are killed by drunk illegal alien drivers &#8211; for another annual death toll of 4,745. That's 23,725 since Sept. 11, 2001.

And this:
In recent Testimony of District Attorney John M. Morganelli before the House Subcommittee on immigration, Border, Security and Claims he stated:

"Unfortunately, the majority of illegal aliens who are here are engaged in criminal activity. Identity theft, use of fraudulent social security numbers and green cards, tax evasion, driving without licenses represent some of the crimes that are engaged in by the majority of illegal aliens on a daily basis merely to maintain and hide their illegal status.

In addition, violent crime and drug distribution and possession is also prevalent among illegal aliens. Over 25% of today's federal prison population are illegal aliens. In some areas of the country, 12% of felonies, 25% of burglaries and 34% of thefts are committed by illegal aliens."

Ignoring the "minor crime" such as ID theft and property crimes being committed by illegal aliens, here is a summary on some of the collateral damage reaped in crimes as a result of tolerating illegal aliens in the USA:

* In Los Angeles, 95% of some 1,500 outstanding warrants for homicides are for illegal aliens. About 67% of the 17,000 outstanding fugitive felony warrants are for illegal aliens.
* There are currently over 400,000 unaccounted for illegal alien criminals with outstanding deportation orders. At least one fourth of these are hard core criminals.
* 80,000 to 100,000 illegal aliens who have been convicted of serious crimes are walking the streets. Based on studies they will commit an average of 13 serious crimes per perpetrator.
* Illegal aliens are involved in criminal activities at a rate that is 2-5 times their representative proportion of the population.
* In 1980, our Federal and state facilities held fewer than 9,000 criminal aliens but at the end of 2003, approximately 267,000 illegal aliens were incarcerated in U.S. correctional facilities at a cost of about $6.8 billion per year.
* At least 4.5 million pounds of cocaine with a street value of at least $72 billion is smuggled across the southern border every year. ..
* 56% of illegal aliens charged with a reentry offense had previously been convicted on at least 5 prior occasions.
* Illegal aliens charged with unlawful reentry had the most extensive criminal histories. 90% had been previously arrested. Of those with a prior arrest, 50% had been arrested for violent or drug-related felonies.
* Illegal aliens commit between 700,000 to 1,289,000 or more crimes per year.
* Illegal aliens commit at least 2,158 murders each year &#8211; a number that represents three times greater participation than their proportion of the population.
* Illegal alien sexual predators commit an estimated 130,909 sexual crimes each year.
* There may be as many as 240,000 illegal alien sex offenders circulating throughout America. Based on studies, they will commit an average of 8 sex crimes per perpetrator before being caught.
* Nearly 63% of illegal alien sex offenders had been deported on another offense prior to committing the sex crime.
* Only 2% of the illegal alien sex offenders in one study had no history of criminal behavior, beyond crossing the border illegally.
* In Operation Predator, ICE arrested and deported 6,085 illegal alien pedophiles. Some studies suggest each pedophile molests average of 148 children. If so, that could be as many as 900,580 victims.
* Nobody knows how big the Sex Slave problem is but it is enormous.
* The very brutal MS-13 gang has over 15,000 members and associates in at least 115 different cliques in 33 states.
* The overall financial impact of illegal alien crimes is estimated at between $14.4 and $81 billion or more per year. Factor in the crime as a result of the cocaine and other drugs being smuggled in and the number may reach $150 billion per year.

Still think illegal immigration is a "victimless crime" and we don't need to control our borders? Remember, about 60% of the crimes being committed are by illegal aliens who were previously deported.

And this:

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

* Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or
* Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
* Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;
has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

Reason enough??

Last edited:
Good... great even.

Now, I will let you know when I start feeling some of the love.

Immie

Word, I wish you luck Immie. It'll happen for you, I know it will.

Not if I don't get out of this funk I'm in lately, it won't.

Depression has set in... mild depression, but depression none the less. Every afternoon, I tell myself tomorrow I'm going to start making those phone calls that will get me the job I want. And every morning, the first thing I do is log into careerbuilder.com and other job sites and start applying for accounting positions in the Tampa Bay Area. Funny thing is that this has proven to be nearly fruitless so far. What is that they say about being crazy? Something about trying the same thing over and over and over again and getting the same results but expecting different answers?

I must be frigging insane!

I've even begun thinking about Seminary, but then if they knew the real me, they would never let me in anyway!

Immie

Reason enough??

No Biggles, it's not.

The economy should be the #1 priority.

Isn't that what the right wing pundits always say when the economic news was bad?

And this thread is not about immigration, though posting a long post on immigration in a thread on the economy is EXACTLY what I was referring to, so thanks for proving my point.

The lengths people will go to delude themselves is simply staggering. Sorry, as much as you Obama lovers want it, the economy is not improving. It is very bad and will likely get worse before it gets better. Feel free to continue to blame Bush, just stop lying to yourselves........

The lengths people will go to delude themselves is simply staggering. Sorry, as much as you Obama lovers want it, the economy is not improving. It is very bad and will likely get worse before it gets better. Feel free to continue to blame Bush, just stop lying to yourselves........

Well, forget economic analysts! Forget the numbers!

"Zander" has proclaimed that we're failing miserably!

Well that's it then. Certainly I'm just going to change my mind because a poster on a message board tells me things are going to get worse.

Well that's it then. Certainly I'm just going to change my mind because a poster on a message board tells me things are going to get worse.

Well, I would have to say that I would not put it passed these so called analysts to talk up the economy regardless of how bleak things may be and then again... if it works then MORE POWER TO THEM!!!

Immie

Well, I would have to say that I would not put it passed these so called analysts to talk up the economy regardless of how bleak things may be and then again... if it works then MORE POWER TO THEM!!!

Immie

Whatever the validity of the numbers in question, I was commenting on the fact that the other poster asked us to take his word on it without presenting any evidence to back up his or her claim.

And yes, I agree, positivity is a good thing if it helps the situation at hand :) .

I don't really care what you do or don't do. It is your life and if you want to live in denial that is your right. More power to you! I wish you nothing but success.

That doesn't change reality. The "Economic analysis" (leading economic indicators for instance) shows that we are still mired in a recession.
The Conference Board Leading Economic Index®(LEI) for the U.S. declined 0.1 percent in April, following a 1.3 percent gain in March, and a 0.4 percent rise in February.
The next release of LEI in June will most likely show another decline.

Sorry, I wish it were better, I wish we were coming out of this, but we aren't and I am not delusional.

I don't really care what you do or don't do. It is your life and if you want to live in denial that is your right. More power to you! I wish you nothing but success.

That doesn't change reality. The "Economic analysis" (leading economic indicators for instance) shows that we are still mired in a recession.
The Conference Board Leading Economic Index®(LEI) for the U.S. declined 0.1 percent in April, following a 1.3 percent gain in March, and a 0.4 percent rise in February.
The next release of LEI in June will most likely show another decline.

Sorry, I wish it were better, I wish we were coming out of this, but we aren't and I am not delusional.
I agree but would frame the argument differently.

The crap in the Far East and Europe are treated as exogenous variables (ignored) this is like the anesthesia given to your pet before he's fixed. The immediate news is really good but in the long Butch or Tiger may not enjoy the results.

Mass layoffs that were apparently offset by new hiring.

Notice the locations of the job gains. Ohio, Pennsylvania... Those are rust belt states.

Amen! It is are begining to look as if this Marcellus Shale deposit (rich in natural gas) is going to be the driving force behind job growth here. The expanded V&M Star Steel mill in Youngstown, Ohio will produce piping to draw the gas out of the earth.

Forum List

Back