Even If Classified Documents Were Recovered In Trump Raid, It Looks Like Chances Of Conviction Are Quite Slim

They didn't seek a warrant until two weeks before the raid. The warrant was granted and they waited two weeks until the vote was coming up on the mega spending bill to execute it? This because it was a matter of critical national security????????
WTF are you claiming NOW?????

The June episode?
It was a Subpoena.
Not a warrant.

You clowns pretend to understand the Constitution and the LAW.

Actually he did. We had this conversation numerous times since then, each time you saying the exact same thing despite my posting the link the 1st several times showing where he did.

From 1 of many sources:

Comey testified Hillary had classified info and that classified info had both been sent and received:

"From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received," Comey said at his press conference Tuesday. "Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent."

Comey stated that some of the documents were marked as being classified - 'C', Confidential but said he was not sure Hillary was 'sophisticated' (SMART) enough to know what the markings meant:

"The FBI director said he was unsure whether former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was "sophisticated" enough to know that the marking meant "confidential."

Comey testified that Hillary LIED when she claimed to have used only 1 classified device:

"Responding to a rapid-fire series of questions, Comey testified that several Clinton statements on her email server use -- including her use of just one device to email -- were untrue."

And this is only part of what tge former criminal FBI Director said about Hillary and her actions...

Yes, we KNOW Trey Gowdy set up Comey in a rapid fire question session FOR HIS CAMPAIGN AD, THAT HE RAN ON TV 24/7.

Did she have classified documents on her server? Yes. ( but not properly MARKED classified documents) Comey confirmed Hillary did not lie.

Did she have only one device? No. (But she used and carried only 1 device and used only 1 device, as she claimed. The other devices were phones she upgraded, one at a time over the 4 years in office.....then smashed up the old device after she forwarded and updated her new phone with her old phone info). Comey confirmed she only used and carried one device, one phone at a time.

Yes, we have had this conversation, and I have shown you the full Comey transcripts from the Trey Gowdy SET UP with Comey for his TV AD..... And how Comey explain the rapid fire questions Gowdy insisted Comey just answer, yes or no.... for the video for his campaign ad. Then after the rapid fire questioning of yes or no, for the Trey Gowdy campaign ad, Comey answered in more detail, contradicting the yes or no rapid fire answers....that of course did not make it in to the Trey Gowdy campaign ad.... :rolleyes:

The Trump Campaign colluded with the Russian FSB (formerly KGB) in the 2016 election, accepting the help of a foreign adversary in order to defeat his opponent.

Is that somehow more palatable? Trump is responsible for everything that happens in HIS campaign.

Don't ever say that Trump killed General Soleimani, or gave us a tax cut, or fast-tracked the vaccine, loser.

I win again. Your butthurt is enraging you. :auiqs.jpg:
Apparently you're too fucking stupid to follow the news. All your conspiracy theories were debunked by the Durham investigation. The FBI admitted that the entire "Russia! Russia! Russia!" conspiracy was a hoax. Hillary manufactured all the evidence they were using to push.

In short, you're a fucking retard. You're a loser and a dumbass.

Yes, we KNOW Trey Gowdy set up Comey in a rapid fire question session FOR HIS CAMPAIGN AD, THAT HE RAN ON TV 24/7.

Did she have classified documents on her server? Yes. ( but not properly MARKED classified documents) Comey confirmed Hillary did not lie.

Did she have only one device? No. (But she used and carried only 1 device and used only 1 device, as she claimed. The other devices were phones she upgraded, one at a time over the 4 years in office.....then smashed up the old device after she forwarded and updated her new phone with her old phone info). Comey confirmed she only used and carried one device, one phone at a time.

Yes, we have had this conversation, and I have shown you the full Comey transcripts from the Trey Gowdy SET UP with Comey for his TV AD..... And how Comey explain the rapid fire questions Gowdy insisted Comey just answer, yes or no.... for the video for his campaign ad. Then after the rapid fire questioning of yes or no, for the Trey Gowdy campaign ad, Comey answered in more detail, contradicting the yes or no rapid fire answers....that of course did not make it in to the Trey Gowdy campaign ad.... :rolleyes:
Making excuses for Hillary's violations of the espionage act. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.

Manifort - Trump's campaign manager - admitted the Trump Campaign collusion with the Russian intelligence services.

I realize this is difficult for you.

Wrong.
Collusion is not illegal or a crime.
Manifort was hit with various charges, but mostly money laundering for wealthy individuals, not countries.

Manifort - Trump's campaign manager - admitted the Trump Campaign collusion with the Russian intelligence services.

I realize this is difficult for you.
When did he do that? Please quote him.

I realize this is difficult for you because you're an idiot.

I agree that "yes or no" answers are inherently deceptive.
I also do not mind Hillary having her own email server, even though not up to state dept regulations.
That is because I think the state dept email server likely is even less secure than Hillary's, with all the thousands of contractors having access.

We are far beyond arguing details of the law you don't respect at any rate anymore.

Your rules now, your game, played your way.

You will hate it.

A conviction is the Democrats' only hope for Trump not to run in 2024.

This raid solidified Trump's support, which the Democratic Party operatives in the FBI and DOJ should have been smart enough to foresee. If he runs, he wins. They are hoping that a conviction will convince him not to run.

Won't work. Trump in jail would join a small but highly influential group of historical leaders who were incarcerated, and continued to lead, such as Nelson Mandela, Queen Mary of Scotland, Bobby Sands, and Mohandas Gandhi.

Clearly, the left loves hating more than anything else. Good news for them, Trump will be around for them to hate until at least 2029.

Enjoy!

In the warrant (LINK), the laws allegedly broken are included....

"All physical documents and records constituting evidence, contraband, fruits of crime, or
other items illegally possessed in violation of 18 U.S.C. §§ 793, 2071 , or 1519

Here are links to the three statutes...

I am not a lawyer, but my read is that it will difficult to prove violation of these statutes, even if classified material was actually seized, for the reasoning I include below (my opinions, not cut and pasted or researched anywhere).

You Biden supporters and/or Trump haters can let me know why I am wrong. :)

18 U.S. Code § 793 - Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information​

Whoever, for the purpose of obtaining information respecting the national defense with intent or reason to believe that the information is to be used to the injury of the United States, or to the advantage of any foreign nation...

This statute requires that the person not only be in possession of the material, but that they person believes the material is to be used for injury to the US. No one, even Trump haters with a brain, would think that Trump was going to use the material to cause damage to the United States. What was Trump planning to do, sell nuclear secrets to Kim Jong Un in exchange for billions of dollars? Release the rcords to the NYT to damage the reputation of the US? Doesn't seem credible.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally​

Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so

This statute requires willful intent. So if Team Trump did not know there was classified material in the boxes, it would appear to be a successful defense against any relevant charge. Also, if there was no concealment or attempt to destroy, and Team Trump had told the FBI to come and get the material anytime it wanted to, like Trump has posted on Truth Social, then there would be no violation...
View attachment 681946

18 U.S. Code § 1519 - Destruction, alteration, or falsification of records in Federal investigations and bankruptcy​

Whoever knowingly alters, destroys, mutilates, conceals, covers up, falsifies, or makes a false entry in any record, document, or tangible object with the intent to impede, obstruct, or influence the investigation or proper administration of any matter

This statute also requires intent. It's relevance is probably that it has been reported that Trump's lawyer signed a statement saying there was no classified material at Mar-A-Lago in June....

If that signed statement was believed to be true at the time, there is no violation of this statute.

Opinions?

i didn't read the laws broken but I never thought that Trump was going to end up in jail for this, no matter how grievance the violations were. The only thing we can be certain of is that Trump was scheming and up to no good, as usual, because why else would he have 15 boxes of top secret material that he can barely comprehend? There has to be a reason. That's more material than Trump has read in his entire life. You say it's not credible that he would sell nuclear secrets, but how credible were any of the things he did as POTUS if someone had told you what he was going to do in 2016? Even as we speak right now, Trump is trying to get his idiot followers to believe that the FBI "planted" evidence. Trump is a scumbag capable of just about anything short of murder with his own hands.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
i didn't read the laws broken but I never thought that Trump was going to end up in jail for this, no matter how grievance the violations were. The only thing we can be certain of is that Trump was scheming and up to no good, as usual, because why else would he have 15 boxes of top secret material that he can barely comprehend? There has to be a reason. That's more material than Trump has read in his entire life. You say it's not credible that he would sell nuclear secrets, but how credible were any of the things he did as POTUS if someone had told you what he was going to do in 2016? Even as we speak right now, Trump is trying to get his idiot followers to believe that the FBI "planted" evidence. Trump is a scumbag capable of just about anything short of murder with his own hands.
Apparently you can be certain of total fantasies. What nefarious purpose would Trump have for these documents? Do you honestly believe that if there was anything dangerous to the U.S. in those documents, that he would turn them over to the Russians? What kind of a buffoon are you?

Are progs all as stupid as you?

Purely a rhetorical question.

We are far beyond arguing details of the law you don't respect at any rate anymore.

Your rules now, your game, played your way.

You will hate it.
I've ALWAYS respected the LAW!

Your LIE that I dont, is just a reflection of yourself!

The three felonies listed in the subpoena as alleged crimes,

DO NOT require the items mentioned under those laws, to be classified, in order to break these 3 statutes listed.

So, on classified or not, it matters not.

Who was the inside Trump World informant, who told the FBI Trump team lied, there were many more classified and TS SCIF documents, and what rooms they were located in....?

The three felonies listed in the subpoena as alleged crimes,

DO NOT require the items mentioned under those laws, to be classified, in order to break these 3 statutes listed.

So, on classified or not, it matters not.
Hmmm, yes, some of them do, you fucking moron. You can't violate the espionage act by possessing documents that aren't classified.

Forum List

Back