Evangelicals are turning against Trump

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Evangelicals are turning against Trump.

Many are fleeing the Trump ship. The attached has several articles about Evangelicals moving on from Trump.

Many are fleeing the Trump ship. The attached has several articles about Evangelicals moving on from Trump.

He's not the one at whom they should be mad.

They should be looking in the damn mirror.

the Q begs - why would they turn towards him to begin with?

a 3x married man whore who has broken most of the 10 commandments AND all 7 deadly sins?

he's their chosen one & they are hypocrites of the highest order.

falwel-2l.jpg

answer -

a 3x married man whore who has broken most of the 10 commandments AND all 7 deadly sins?

falwel-2l.jpg

answer -
Are you demanding that evangelicals attempt to vote ministers and pastors into office?

As a man of faith, while I don't condone Trump's infedility, it's not part of his policy that he enforces or encourages.. so what do I care? If I hire a plumber to fix the sink, I care if he can fix the sink, not if he's having marital problems.

Are you demanding that evangelicals attempt to vote ministers and pastors into office?

As a man of faith, while I don't condone Trump's infedility, it's not part of his policy that he enforces or encourages.. so what do I care? If I hire a plumber to fix the sink, I care if he can fix the sink, not if he's having marital problems.
A man of faith should care. I question your faith.

A man of faith should care. I question your faith.
I guess it depends on what you seek in your politicians. I would say you clearly seek way too much in them, they are here to protect our freedoms and stay out of our lives as much as possible.. at least that's what the Conservative view is.

I question your intelligence if you'd support a politician who didn't cheat on his wife but imposes horrible policy that harms people over someone who did cheat on his wife and offers far better policy onto the masses.

nyet.

As a man of faith, while I don't condone Trump's infedility, it's not part of his policy that he enforces or encourages.. so what do I care?

how'z about character? i'd say that goes a long way with who i would like to be in office ESP the prez. speaking of character, i should would think someone who was sued for housing discrimination, a fraudulent university, AND a charity/foundation that was closed down because it was used as a personal piggy bank qualifies as a bigley character flaw.

If I hire a plumber to fix the sink, I care if he can fix the sink, not if he's having marital problems.

so you are equating a plumber's job to being POTUS?

lol . that's stellar.

Back to using real snakes?

how'z about character? i'd say that goes a long way with who i would like to be in office ESP the prez. speaking of character, i should would think someone who was sued for housing discrimination, a fraudulent university, AND a charity/foundation that was closed down because it was used as a personal piggy bank qualifies as a bigley character flaw.
Are you seriously going to list these and then pretend they are uniquely bad compared to who is in office or has been in office? How about a little context. If we're going to disqualify people from American politics because of immorality, then I'd expect you've probably not voted in quite some time.. is that correct?

But as far as character, of course I value it, but far too many people get tricked by a person's percieved charisma/character and don't value enough what their policies do to people. If you have moral policy, you can personally be immoral in some personal flaw and that's your choice/vice in your personal life, but they'd be a far greater choice for POTUS than someone who might have their personal life together but are passing immoral policy, enforcing it onto hundreds of millions of people.

Trump is a good example of this. In regards to any evangelical, Trump's policy was inifinitely of greater morality, but I'll bet some folk didn't vote for him because he's "mean" or he's been divorced multiple times. That would be like refusing a free car because there's a scratch on the hood. Moral policy is like 95% of the equation for a politician...

falwel-2l.jpg

answer -

Biden supports the murder of the unborn if you're doing a comparison/contrast analogy here.

I guess it depends on what you seek in your politicians. I would say you clearly seek way too much in them, they are here to protect our freedoms and stay out of our lives as much as possible.. at least that's what the Conservative view is.

I question your intelligence if you'd support a politician who didn't cheat on his wife but imposes horrible policy that harms people over someone who did cheat on his wife and offers far better policy onto the masses.
"I would say you clearly seek way too much in them, they are here to protect our freedoms and stay out of our lives as much as possible.. at least that's what the Conservative view is"

Wow. Then why do evangelical conservatives deny women to choose what they do with their body and their freedom?

Are you seriously going to list these and then pretend they are uniquely bad compared to who is in office or has been in office? How about a little context. If we're going to disqualify people from American politics because of immorality, then I'd expect you've probably not voted in quite some time.. is that correct?

But as far as character, of course I value it, but far too many people get tricked by a person's percieved charisma/character and don't value enough what their policies do to people. If you have moral policy, you can personally be immoral in some personal flaw and that's your choice/vice in your personal life, but they'd be a far greater choice for POTUS than someone who might have their personal life together but are passing immoral policy, enforcing it onto hundreds of millions of people.

Trump is a good example of this. In regards to any evangelical, Trump's policy was inifinitely of greater morality, but I'll bet some folk didn't vote for him because he's "mean" or he's been divorced multiple times. That would be like refusing a free car because there's a scratch on the hood. Moral policy is like 95% of the equation for a politician...

You think?

But as far as character, of course I value it, but far too many people get tricked by a person's percieved charisma/character

oh mean like this?

“The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and a very effective form of promotion.”

can you say 'con man'?

and don't value enough what their policies do to people.

you mean like rolling back EPA regs to pre 1970?

a trillion dollar tax cut to the uber rich that resulted mostly in stock buy backs?

appointing SC liars that turned back a 50 year old precedent?

holy crap man.

Exactly

Trump has not changed
Evangelicals sold out their moral values in the hope of overturning Roe v Wade

Now that it is done, they can throw Trump under the bus

roe v wade & getting the embassy moved to jerusalem.

Exactly

Trump has not changed
Evangelicals sold out their moral values in the hope of overturning Roe v Wade

Now that it is done, they can throw Trump under the bus
Don't you dare talk about moral values. Do we need a drag queen or groomer to slap you?

"I would say you clearly seek way too much in them, they are here to protect our freedoms and stay out of our lives as much as possible.. at least that's what the Conservative view is"

Wow. Then why do evangelical conservatives deny women to choose what they do with their body and their freedom?
Are you asking why evangelical conservatives don't support abortion?

LMAO! Are we this dense?

oh mean like this?

“The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and a very effective form of promotion.”

can you say 'con man'?

you mean like rolling back EPA regs to pre 1970?

a trillion dollar tax cut to the uber rich that resulted mostly in stock buy backs?

appointing SC liars that turned back a 50 year old precedent?

holy crap man.

"Appointing SC liars"... boy, you clearly have an objective opinion here to determine morality on policy. LOL.

Forum List

Back