Evangelical Anti Abortion Group Endorses.... Biden.

Man bites dog story. Interesting that Washington Examiner would carry the story. I’m surprised more faith organizations aren’t piling on.

'Biblically balanced agenda': Anti-abortion evangelicals endorse Biden over Trump

A group of anti-abortion evangelicals on Friday endorsed Joe Biden, saying that in areas other than abortion, the former vice president is more "pro-life" than President Trump.

"We believe that on balance, Joe Biden’s policies are more consistent with the biblically shaped ethic of life than those of Donald Trump," the group said in a statement. "Therefore, even as we continue to urge different policies on abortion, we urge evangelicals to elect Joe Biden as president."

The group, which includes several pastors formerly involved in Republican politics, former Christianity Today chairman John Huffman, and Jerushah Duford, the granddaughter of conservative evangelical leader Billy Graham, emphasized that while they remain opposed to abortion, Democratic policy proposals, such as "accessible health services for all citizens, affordable childcare, a minimum wage that lifts workers out of poverty" will reduce the number of abortions.

So-called Christians who support Donald Trump ignore the teachings of Jesus Christ. They want to impose Christian values on this country and turn it into a theocracy. I am a Christian but I am not a Taliban Christian. I want to convince women not to0 have a abortion by offering them support before and after a baby is born if necessary. However I also support Roe vs Wade because I will not criminalize a woman's decision as to whether to have a child or not. That is not Christian. They are just anti-abortion more than they are pro-life.

The thinking in such groups - and in such people - places no great weight on little things like the Constitution, taxation-as-theft, or political realities.

There is nothing virtuous in compelling productive people to pay for stuff for - even - people who need it. Charity is one thing, but this is not charity. Nor is it charity to advocate for such theft, then pretend that you are virtuous for so advocating.

If The People want socialized medicine, then The People have a way of bringing it about. Get their representatives to amend the Constitution to make it permissible, then fund it with taxes that The People have tacitly approved. Claiming that there is some "right" to another person's services is also a form of theft. What if the doctor doesn't feel like it? Is he to be compelled?

And a "higher" minimum wage is not a "good" thing; I challenge anyone to debate whether it is beneficial to anyone but a few luckily-positioned wastrels, while harming everyone else around. How charitable is it to the worker who loses his job because at $15/hr, their employer could find someone much better? Or the one who has his hours cut? Or the one who loses his job altogether because of automation or the bankruptcy of his employer.

These people are idiots. Which, I suppose, is why they advocate voting for Biden.

Shall we take bets on how long it takes ACB to end legal abortion? Liberals Democrats are struggling to find ways to block her in the Senate. They should probably give up now, she will be approved.

There are 2 questions. Even if she allows Roe vs Wade to continue she is likely to gut it to make it useless? It is safe to say she will do one of the two. Notice how Republicans don't want to talk abortion. Even Trump dodged the question of whether she would overturn Roe vs Wade. We know Republicans want exactly this but they won't admit it.

The thinking in such groups - and in such people - places no great weight on little things like the Constitution, taxation-as-theft, or political realities.

There is nothing virtuous in compelling productive people to pay for stuff for - even - people who need it. Charity is one thing, but this is not charity. Nor is it charity to advocate for such theft, then pretend that you are virtuous for so advocating.

If The People want socialized medicine, then The People have a way of bringing it about. Get their representatives to amend the Constitution to make it permissible, then fund it with taxes that The People have tacitly approved. Claiming that there is some "right" to another person's services is also a form of theft. What if the doctor doesn't feel like it? Is he to be compelled?

And a "higher" minimum wage is not a "good" thing; I challenge anyone to debate whether it is beneficial to anyone but a few luckily-positioned wastrels, while harming everyone else around. How charitable is it to the worker who loses his job because at $15/hr, their employer could find someone much better? Or the one who has his hours cut? Or the one who loses his job altogether because of automation or the bankruptcy of his employer.

These people are idiots. Which, I suppose, is why they advocate voting for Biden.

The Constitution does not forbid socialized medicine if we went that far. The ACA is constitutional so any attempt to get rid of it by the Supreme Court would be legislating from the bench.

The fact is that big business is trying to screw their employees so they can increase their profits. Many people have been hired back at much lower wages than they were making. Corporate taxes should be raised to 27% and the money used to make the EITC larger.

Forum List

Back