Europe: Death by censorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
We need to fight back against the new censorship or risk losing the most precious liberty of all.

In 2012, I wrote Censored, a short book on hate-speech laws in Europe, and the imminent threat they pose to freedom of speech. Four years later, a second edition was needed. There were more laws, more cases to report, and a radically changing legal landscape. And in the four years since then, Europe’s march towards censorship has continued unabated. Not so much a ‘slippery slope’ – more a running jump.

Vaguely worded and arbitrarily enforced ‘hate speech’ codes have been adopted by Big Tech without discussion or any real public consultation. National governments have started threatening online social-media platforms with crippling fines if they don’t censor speech. And many leading universities are now proud to tout their censorship credentials – banning speakers and silencing their students. Without doubt, the increasingly shrill, you-can’t-say-that culture, with its love for No Platforming, cancelling, boycotting and severely punishing dissenters, has arrived in force.

Europe: death by censorship

1. Kudos on your books on censorship. I hope they sell well.

2. All countries, of course, have censorship of one kind or another.

3. Most people probably support "reasonable" censorship.

4. As the saying goes, "It's not what you say, it's how you say it." In other words, people are often smart enough to read between the lines.

5. Take this current coronavirus matter. Should people be allowed to whip up hysteria with irresponsible words? I think not.

a. Asian businesses, such as restaurants, for example, are said to be suffering to the degree that New York state has voted to offer financial assistance.

6. When (not "if") the Dems retake the American government, I have no doubt that the term "hate speech" will be extended to exclude many more comments. (Yes, the case at American universities shows what is in store for the entire country.)

1. Kudos on your books on censorship. I hope they sell well.

2. All countries, of course, have censorship of one kind or another.

3. Most people probably support "reasonable" censorship.

4. As the saying goes, "It's not what you say, it's how you say it." In other words, people are often smart enough to read between the lines.

5. Take this current coronavirus matter. Should people be allowed to whip up hysteria with irresponsible words? I think not.

a. Asian businesses, such as restaurants, for example, are said to be suffering to the degree that New York state has voted to offer financial assistance.

6. When (not "if") the Dems retake the American government, I have no doubt that the term "hate speech" will be extended to exclude many more comments. (Yes, the case at American universities shows what is in store for the entire country.)

"1. Kudos on your books on censorship. I hope they sell well."

Mindful did not write ANY books in that OP, this OP is another one of her direct copy and pastes that she does where she does NOT indicate the words are NOT her own ONE day she is going to get this forum hit with some type of Copyright Lawsuit from someone like Paul Coleman. The AUTHOR of the book in the OP is:

upload_2020-3-8_0-9-43.png

Paul Coleman wrote ALL of the words in the OP and in the article AND he wrote the book:

upload_2020-3-8_0-10-38.png

upload_2020-3-8_0-11-9.png

upload_2020-3-8_0-11-29.png

upload_2020-3-8_0-12-0.png

^^^^ Mindful 100% lifted ALL of the above yet AGAIN so peoples think she has written the words in her own OPs, see above and then below:

upload_2020-3-8_0-13-16.png

Closed. Opening posts require more than cutnpaste, you need some original content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back