Zone1 Eugenics revisited

“If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?

You would? Well congratulations — you just killed Beethoven!”
"Three Generations of Imbeciles Are Enough!": Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

The vast majority of abortions are sought because of economic reasons. Those are just the facts.
OK

So tell us, who are usually economically disadvantaged? Minorities perhaps? People with lower IQ levels and/or poor education perhaps?
OK

So, in a round about way, people are putting an end to reproduction based on those criteria, whether they cognitively are aware of it or not.
Not OK. Nobody in this country aborts a fetus to end the reproduction of any minority segment of society. If you want to claim that some people involved with organizations such as Planned Parenthood have that specific goal in mind, that may be but is totally devoid of any evidence. And that does not mean that PP is filled with eugenicists whose goal is the eradication of all minority people. And I don't think you get to decide what someone else's motives are. In fact, despite the numbers of abortions in minority communities, their total numbers are still increasing, are they not? So, abortions as a tool for eugenicists as far as race is concerned is not working. Mostly it's blacks having abortions, right?

The Black population of the United States is growing. In 2021, there were an estimated 47.2 million people who self-identified as Black, making up 14.2% of the country’s population. This marks a 30% increase since 2000, when there were 36.3 million Black people living in the U.S.

In Iceland, about 100% of babies are terminated with Downs which is clearly a eugenical decision.
Pretty sad if you ask me, but so what? You are equating Downs with race?

The cemeteries were full of women worn out too young from repeated pregnancies and miscarriages.. especially poor women.

You can bash Margret Sanger as a racist, but that's myopic if not simply stupid. The majority of those unfortunate women were poor whites. They also needed birth control and healthcare.
Sanger was clearly racist and anti-Jew.

OK

OK

Not OK. Nobody in this country aborts a fetus to end the reproduction of any minority segment of society. If you want to claim that some people involved with organizations such as Planned Parenthood have that specific goal in mind, that may be but is totally devoid of any evidence. And that does not mean that PP is filled with eugenicists whose goal is the eradication of all minority people. And I don't think you get to decide what someone else's motives are. In fact, despite the numbers of abortions in minority communities, their total numbers are still increasing, are they not? So, abortions as a tool for eugenicists as far as race is concerned is not working. Mostly it's blacks having abortions, right?

The Black population of the United States is growing. In 2021, there were an estimated 47.2 million people who self-identified as Black, making up 14.2% of the country’s population. This marks a 30% increase since 2000, when there were 36.3 million Black people living in the U.S.

I never said that they had that goal in mind. What I am saying is that about 86% of
OK

OK

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy here, I'm just relaying the facts of the matter, which is that minorities are being targeted, at best indirectly.

As for Downs Babies, they are being intentionally targeted, which is eugenics 101.

But whether you intentionally are doing it or unintentionally doing it, you get the same results

Poor women have more abortions than the middle class and affluent women. It's personal not government policy.
I agree, nothing to do with any policy. That’s why I was confused by disagree.

I never said that they had that goal in mind. What I am saying is that about 86% of

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy here, I'm just relaying the facts of the matter, which is that minorities are being targeted, at best indirectly.
There is no “targeting”, direct or indirect. That’s one of those myths. Abortion is a choice. Many clinics are typically located in low rent districts, not to target people but because it is affordable. Poor people are less likely to be able to afford children and more likely to use them.

As for Downs Babies, they are being intentionally targeted, which is eugenics 101.

That is a more complicated issue, but to say they are “targeted” implies a concerted organized effort as opposed to the individual decisions of the parent and that is simply not the case.

Could it lead to eugenics? It could, but abortion is the least of it and the most inefficient means of doing so.

There is a broad spectrum of disabilities and even in one specific disability, such as Downs, you can have a child that is mildly effected to one that is severely affected. It is also a fact that in many parts of the country there are few sources of support for a family raising a severely disabled child, particular if the family is poor.

I think abortion for birth defects CAN be a slippery slope to eugenics, but there are birth defects incompatible with life or so severe a child will not live long or free of pain. How would a parent ethically choose?

I think a more dangerous trend is with our increasing ability to manipulate genes to choose or discard traits society decides are desirable or not desirable, ultimately leading divided society, those who are successful due to genetic enhancement and those who will struggle because their parents could not afford it.

But whether you intentionally are doing it or unintentionally doing it, you get the same results

Like Margaret Sanger, Charles Darwin also viewed the Black race as inferior. Scientists back then all thought this.

Here is a quote.

“With savages, the weak in body or mind are soon eliminated; and those that survive commonly exhibit a vigorous state of health. We civilised men, on the other hand, do our utmost to check the process of elimination; we build asylums for the imbecile, the maimed, and the sick; we institute poor-laws; and our medical men exert their utmost skill to save the life of every one to the last moment. There is reason to believe that vaccination has preserved thousands, who from a weak constitution would formerly have succumbed to small-pox. Thus the weak members of civilised societies propagate their kind. No one who has attended to the breeding of domestic animals will doubt that this must be highly injurious to the race of man. It is surprising how soon a want of care, or care wrongly directed, leads to the degeneration of a domestic race; but excepting in the case of man himself, hardly any one is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed.

The aid which we feel impelled to give to the helpless is mainly an incidental result of the instinct of sympathy, which was originally acquired as part of the social instincts, but subsequently rendered, in the manner previously indicated, more tender and more widely diffused. Nor could we check our sympathy, if so urged by hard reason, without deterioration in the noblest part of our nature. The surgeon may harden himself whilst performing an operation, for he knows that he is acting for the good of his patient; but if we were intentionally to neglect the weak and helpless, it could only be for a contingent benefit, with a certain and great present evil. Hence we must bear without complaining the undoubtedly bad effects of the weak surviving and propagating their kind; but there appears to be at least one check in steady action, namely the weaker and inferior members of society not marrying so freely as the sound; and this check might be indefinitely increased, though this is more to be hoped for than expected, by the weak in body or mind refraining from marriage.”
― Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

Charles seems to be arguing here, that man could treat humans like livestock, which is to breed towards a genetically preferred race. After all, if you can do it with cattle, why not with humans?

But at the same time, he argues that the noble nature of man prevents him from simply discarding those in the human race that are harming the gene pool or even preventing them from breeding.

I'm not sure what nobility has to do with science, which is perhaps why Hitler did what he did. Hitler ignored the nobility part, and simply tried to breed a human race based on desirable traits he liked and saw scientifically beneficial.

So are there traits that are beneficial? For example, is breeding intelligence preferable to not doing so?

It's hard to not look at the history of man kind across the entire world and not think blacks are a inferior race.

There is a reason why there has never been a first world black country and barely any second world ones. When blacks were living in huts and enslaving their own people everyone else was building ships and setting up trade routes and building cities

There is a reason why very very very few of mans advancements were because of blacks. Medicine, architecture, aerospace, psychology, electrical, communication, biology, engineering and so on are in almost no thanks to blacks. And the few that did add to man's achievements did so from living in a white based nation.

It's why in the modern world schools have to not admit X amount of non black students so they can admit X amount of blacks because they aren't as smart as whites and Asians and can't get in on their own.

It's why the vast majority of them in America are on welfare, unemployed, comitt so many crimes, and so on. Because they on the whole are savages and can't function in a society that tells them they need to be smart, responsible, hard working and get by on their own ambition.

It isn't a insult to say blacks are inferior. They just are. Like a goldfish is inferior to a horse, but that isn't being hateful or even untrue, it's just a fact.

I mean some blacks are great people. But for every Thomas sowell you have 8,000 George Floyd's.

That’s what eugenics is. Determining what human qualities are ”undesirable” according to the social standards of the day and eliminating them from the gene pool through a selection process. The only difference with Hitler is he had the power and amassed social and political support to carry it out to it’s ultimate end.

Eugenics is playing with fire.
It seems that the human qualities of abortion on demand is, having parents who are financially well off and mostly white.

If you want strong livestock and healthy, then you breed accordingly.

Should this be done with humans?
Idiocracy hits close to home. Morons breed like bunnies and intelligent people wait until they can afford to care for a child. Then there is the problem of medicine allowing more and more complications to remain in the gene pool. Physical defects are propagated. It is a cross between Idiocracy and the movie Walle where people are physically unable to move. That is a bad mixture.

It's hard to not look at the history of man kind across the entire world and not think blacks are a inferior race.

There is a reason why there has never been a first world black country and barely any second world ones. When blacks were living in huts and enslaving their own people everyone else was building ships and setting up trade routes and building cities

There is a reason why very very very few of mans advancements were because of blacks. Medicine, architecture, aerospace, psychology, electrical, communication, biology, engineering and so on are in almost no thanks to blacks. And the few that did add to man's achievements did so from living in a white based nation.

It's why in the modern world schools have to not admit X amount of non black students so they can admit X amount of blacks because they aren't as smart as whites and Asians and can't get in on their own.

It's why the vast majority of them in America are on welfare, unemployed, comitt so many crimes, and so on. Because they on the whole are savages and can't function in a society that tells them they need to be smart, responsible, hard working and get by on their own ambition.

It isn't a insult to say blacks are inferior. They just are. Like a goldfish is inferior to a horse, but that isn't being hateful or even untrue, it's just a fact.

I mean some blacks are great people. But for every Thomas sowell you have 8,000 George Floyd's.
Thomas Sowell is Black, yet you refuse to call him inferior?

Why?

What about Clarence Thomas?

What about Ben Carson, etc.?

This coming from someone who thinks that a race responsible for murdering 11 million people in just a few short years is superior.

This coming from someone who thinks that a race responsible for murdering 11 million people in just a few short years is superior.

And that from a person who completely ignored everything I said and only made a comment that had nothing to do with my comment at all in any way, shape or form. And on top of that didn't even offer any insight or savvy.

That still does not disprove my original observation.

It's not my theory.

Eugenics is with us every day with abortion, something the Left champions

In New York City alone, there have been more Black abortions than births.

And about 86% of abortion centers are targeted in minority neighborhoods.

Margaret Sanger, who founded Panned Parenthood, thought that trying to limit them from reproducing would benefit humanity.
Margaret Sanger promoted birth control and abortion to all races.

Forum List

Back