EU caves to President Trump on auto tariffs

Must be one of the quickest victories in history.

Trump winning for America as usual.

Last edited:
Trade war OVER? Brussels 'CAVES IN' to Trump as EU considers reducing US trade tariffs

Great News! Cat's out of the bag now they have blinked and its just a matter of HOW LOW they will lower the taxes the US pays on cars coming into the EU.... Man I love President Trump!

From the same article:

"The US Department of Commerce is also investigating whether imports of foreign cars undermine American national security."

"EU leaders have ruled out making major concessions to Washington, instead vowing to defend their economic interests."

"
The German Chancellor told Berlin's parliament: "It's worth trying to defuse this conflict, so that it doesn't turn into a real war.

"But we need two parties for that to happen."

Trade war OVER? Brussels 'CAVES IN' to Trump as EU considers reducing US trade tariffs

Great News! Cat's out of the bag now they have blinked and its just a matter of HOW LOW they will lower the taxes the US pays on cars coming into the EU.... Man I love President Trump!

From the same article:

"The US Department of Commerce is also investigating whether imports of foreign cars undermine American national security."

"EU leaders have ruled out making major concessions to Washington, instead vowing to defend their economic interests."

"
The German Chancellor told Berlin's parliament: "It's worth trying to defuse this conflict, so that it doesn't turn into a real war.

"But we need two parties for that to happen."
Not me
I wanna curb stomp you liberals on both sides of the pond

That means the US would have to lower tariffs on light trucks as well.
Fine with me. Compromise is great when it can benefit EVERYONE....Right now WE get ripped off while they make a fortune.

What is a Tariff anyway? It is another name for a tax... Who pays the Tariff? The consumer... Who imposes a tax... The Government... Do away with the tariffs...

Fine with me. Compromise is great when it can benefit EVERYONE....Right now WE get ripped off while they make a fortune.

No one is getting ripped off. Gas is hugely expensive in Europe while American vehicles are gas guzzlers in comparison. American cars cannot compete in Europe.

No one is getting ripped off. Gas is hugely expensive in Europe while American vehicles are gas guzzlers in comparison. American cars cannot compete in Europe.

that's fine, so why do they put tariffs in are cars at 4z the rate we do theirs?
if they dont sell them, why put those high taxes on our cars?

Shhhhhhhhhhhh. You're harshing the narrative...

If that’s true then why do they impose tariffs on US cars?

it's amazing when bluffs are called. Trump shows up and says I call bitch......and the others fold.
For gods' sakes. Vehicles don't even show up in major category lists.

Exports

• The EU countries, together, would rank 1st as an export market for the United States in 2016.
  • U.S. goods exports to the EU in 2016 were $269.6 billion down 0.8% ($2.3 billion) from 2015 but up 27% from 2006. U.S. exports to the EU accounted for 18.6% of overall U.S. goods exports in 2016.
  • The five largest country markets were: United Kingdom ($55.3 billion), Germany ($49.4 billion), Netherlands ($39.7 billion), Belgium ($32.1 billion), and France ($31.1 billion).
  • The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2016 were: Aircraft ($38.5 billion), Machinery ($29.4 billion), Pharmaceutical Products ($26.4 billion), Optic and Medical Instruments ($25.6 billion), and Electrical Machinery ($20.8 billion).
  • U.S. domestic exports of agricultural products to the EU totaled $11.5 billion in 2016 (total exports of $11.8 billion). The EU countries together would rank 4th as an Ag Export Market for the United States. Leading categories include: tree nuts ($2.6 billion), soybeans ($1.9 billion), wine and beer ($756 million), and prepared food ($579 million),
  • U.S. exports of services to the EU were $231.2 billion in 2016, up 1.2% ($4.1 billion) from 2015 and 60% since 2006. Top export sectors were professional and management services ($5Intellectual property ($50.2 billion), and travel (including education) ($40.4 billion).
European Union | United States Trade Representative

We in 2018 are driving electric cars, what country do orange people live ? To be driving trucks wirh 1 mile a gallon ? :p

Shhhhhhhhhhhh. You're harshing the narrative...

He’s completely wrong.

Ford has a small presence in Europe, despite the tariff and taxes, the Ford Mustang is the #1 selling sports car in Europe.

Ford Mustang Is Europe’s Best Selling Sports Car

Now just imagine if it was even cheaper to buy and more American cars were available?

What is a Tariff anyway? It is another name for a tax... Who pays the Tariff? The consumer... Who imposes a tax... The Government... Do away with the tariffs...

That’s exactly what President Trump is trying to do, get the EU to drop tariffs on our goods.

If that’s true then why do they impose tariffs on US cars?
Probably retaliatory.

Experts said negotiations with the EU could yield better results. Cars built in America currently face a 10% tariff when they enter the EU, while vehicles shipped from Europe to the US are charged 2.5%.
http://money.cnn.com

Forum List

Back