Equity is not Equality

Why would you not want to treat people with equity if the situation warrants it?

Because equity in this case implies you give one side an advantage due to perceived slights in the past on the part of the other side.
Nope; that is affirmative action not "equity".

Equity has a component that can be added to, equality cannot.
You mean like, righting a wrong?

at my expense, when I wasn't even born during the wrong, or had anything to do with it?
I agree that it should be more about this form of equality as equity:

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

Equity is not equality.
I've heard that before. I agree.

Why would you not want to treat people with equity if the situation warrants it?

Because equity in this case implies you give one side an advantage due to perceived slights in the past on the part of the other side.

at my expense, when I wasn't even born during the wrong, or had anything to do with it?

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

Equity is not equality.
Not even if that form of equality requires equity? It took a Civil War to achieve equity instead of less expensive equality, in that case.

Equity is not equality.
Not even if that form of equality requires equity? It took a Civil War to achieve equity instead of less expensive equality, in that case.

now you are just playing with words and not caring about the meaning of them.

Equity is not equality.

Equity required more in that case than equality would have cost.

Anyone born in the Union after 1808 was a natural born citizen of our Republic. There should have been no "equity of a Civil War".

In critical theory, as James Lindsay explains, “‘equality’ means that citizen A and citizen B are treated equally, while ‘equity’ means adjusting shares in order to make citizen A and B equal.” Here’s how Biden defines “equity”: “the consistent and systematic fair, just, and impartial treatment of all individuals, including individuals who belong to underserved communities that have been denied such treatment, such as Black, Latino, and Indigenous and Native American persons, Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and other persons of color; members of religious minorities; lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) persons; persons with disabilities; persons who live in rural areas; and persons otherwise adversely affected by persistent poverty or inequality.”

In less tortured English, equity means giving the the named identity groups a specific advantage in treatment by the federal government over other groups — in order to make up for historic injustice and “systemic” oppression. Without “equity”, the argument runs, there can be no real “equality of opportunity.” Equity therefore comes first. Until equity is reached, equality is postponed — perhaps for ever.

Does everyone understand that? If you do, why would you want it? Just curious. This should be good.
Not sure why anyone should believe equity means favoritism. The only reason we have this dilemma in the first place is because right wingers are not moral enough to faithfully execute our own supreme law of the land.

Equity is not the law of the land you fucking idiot.
Right wingers are just plain dumb. It can be a challenge to dumb it down enough for right wingers.
Equality is the same opportunities offered equally to all. Equity is you working your ass off for your $15 an hour and Joe Shit the Rag man sitting on his ass watching you and producing nothing but he still gets the same $15 an hour instead of being fired for not working. Equal opportunity does not equate to equal outcome.
Making up your own definitions? Equity: the quality of being fair and impartial.

The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity,....
Here is the definition moron, you don't get to make up definitions. Definition of EQUITY

Equity is not equality.

Definition of EQUITY The definition pushed by the left is equity of outcome regardless of effort.

Equity is not equality.

Definition of EQUITY The definition pushed by the left is equity of outcome regardless of effort.

I think it's worse, I think it's fake equality along the lines of "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal in others."

If you haven't read Harrison Bergeron, you should...

In critical theory, as James Lindsay explains, “‘equality’ means that citizen A and citizen B are treated equally, while ‘equity’ means adjusting shares in order to make citizen A and B equal.” Here’s how Biden defines “equity”: “the consistent and systematic fair, just, and impartial treatment of all individuals, including individuals who belong to underserved communities that have been denied such treatment, such as Black, Latino, and Indigenous and Native American persons, Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and other persons of color; members of religious minorities; lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) persons; persons with disabilities; persons who live in rural areas; and persons otherwise adversely affected by persistent poverty or inequality.”

In less tortured English, equity means giving the the named identity groups a specific advantage in treatment by the federal government over other groups — in order to make up for historic injustice and “systemic” oppression. Without “equity”, the argument runs, there can be no real “equality of opportunity.” Equity therefore comes first. Until equity is reached, equality is postponed — perhaps for ever.

Does everyone understand that? If you do, why would you want it? Just curious. This should be good.
Not sure why anyone should believe equity means favoritism. The only reason we have this dilemma in the first place is because right wingers are not moral enough to faithfully execute our own supreme law of the land.

Right wingers are just plain dumb. It can be a challenge to dumb it down enough for right wingers.
Equality is the same opportunities offered equally to all. Equity is you working your ass off for your $15 an hour and Joe Shit the Rag man sitting on his ass watching you and producing nothing but he still gets the same $15 an hour instead of being fired for not working. Equal opportunity does not equate to equal outcome.
Making up your own definitions? Equity: the quality of being fair and impartial.

Here is the definition moron, you don't get to make up definitions. Definition of EQUITY
You are not very equitable, are you on the right wing?

... justice according to natural law or right specifically : freedom from bias or favoritism

... justice according to natural law or right specifically : freedom from bias or favoritism
Exactly right--not the some are more equal than others democrat affirmative action narrative.

Equity is not equality.

No it isn't. You right wingers are making that up and projecting on the left. The left knows how to read and understand words unlike the parrots on the right wing.

In law, the term "equity" refers to a particular set of remedies and associated procedures involved with civil law. These equitable doctrines and procedures are distinguished from "legal" ones. While legal remedies typically involve monetary damages, equitable relief typically refers to injunctions, specific performance, or vacatur. A court will typically award equitable remedies when a legal remedy is insufficient or inadequate. For example, courts will typically award equitable relief for a claim which involves a particular or unique piece of real estate, or if the plaintiff requests specific performance.--https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/equity

Exactly right--not the some are more equal than others democrat affirmative action narrative.
A remedy for previous injustice.

Equity is not equality.

I think it's worse, I think it's fake equality along the lines of "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal in others."
Only because right wingers weren't equitable in the past.

Equity is not equality.

So danielpalos, Merriam Webster isn't good enough for you eh? Moron

Fuck you and your bullshit previous injustice. You have never experienced injustice in your entire useless miserable life. You are just another lazy democrat shill looking for a handout from the working populace. Don't feed the Yellowstone bears, they'll never leave the dump.

Equity is not equality.

No time for ignorant morons, Cancelled!

Equity is not equality.

So danielpalos, Merriam Webster isn't good enough for you eh? Moron
I am not the one saying it is about equality of outcome.

Fuck you and your bullshit previous injustice. You have never experienced injustice in your entire useless miserable life. You are just another lazy democrat shill looking for a handout from the working populace. Don't feed the Yellowstone bears, they'll never leave the dump.
Says an unequitable right wing parrot.

Equity is not equality.

No time for ignorant morons, Cancelled!
Proof, right wingers are the cancel cultured but project onto the left.

if the situation warrants it?

Raciss!!!
I am disabled how is a disability a racist subject?

Limiting equity to cases where "the situation warrants it" is obviously racist.
Why would you apply equity where it is not needed?

Don't ask me, ask those pushing for equity.
You mean like this branch of Government?

The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity,
The equity there is the way the law will work. It includes everyone. It is inclusive. The equity you want is selective and collectivist. Got that Commie?
How well did that work for John Henry? Fascist.
What does John Henry have to do with this? And what makes me a fascist? A few posts of mine would prove it. Do you have any of my fascist posts you can quote? All my posts are available on my profile page. Have at it.

That moron thinks Joe Biden wants to be fair and impartial.

Forum List

Back