EPA Chief Spent Millions on Security and Travel

Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
"Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt's concern with his safety came at a steep cost to taxpayers as his swollen security detail blew through overtime budgets and at times diverted officers away from investigating environmental crimes to protect him.

Altogether, the agency spent millions of dollars for a 20-member full-time security detail that is three times the size of his predecessor's part-time security contingent.

New details in Pruitt's expansive spending for security and travel emerged from agency sources and documents reviewed by The Associated Press. They come as the embattled EPA leader fends off allegations of profligate spending and ethical missteps that have imperiled his job."

AP sources: EPA chief spent millions on security and travel

And Trump sycophants will continue to attempt to defend the indefensible.

I love having an EPA Chief that has bed wetters (or their care givers) constantly washing their plastic sheets.

You know Pruitt is doing the right thing by undermining an agency riddled with treasonous leftist hacks. The EPA is the last appendage of the KGB. It needs to be shut down entirely.

"Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt's concern with his safety came at a steep cost to taxpayers as his swollen security detail blew through overtime budgets and at times diverted officers away from investigating environmental crimes to protect him.

Altogether, the agency spent millions of dollars for a 20-member full-time security detail that is three times the size of his predecessor's part-time security contingent.

New details in Pruitt's expansive spending for security and travel emerged from agency sources and documents reviewed by The Associated Press. They come as the embattled EPA leader fends off allegations of profligate spending and ethical missteps that have imperiled his job."

I bet it's way less than nazi palouseys weekly private plane trips from DC to San Francisco and back when she was speaker. But hey, she's a commie, so that doesn't count, RIGHT?

Perhaps if psycho snowflakes weren't threatening to kill him several times a day, then the taxpayers wouldn't have to spend so much on his security. It's ironic that you and your ilk are the cause of the thing you are whining about, isn't it? I love the way you douchebags create a problem and then blame Republicans for the cost of dealing with it.

Pruitt is only "embattled" in the snowflake imagination. Being the focus of leftwing hate doesn't make you "embattled." It means you're doing a good job.

Last edited:

I bet it's way less than nazi palouseys weekly private plane trips from DC to San Francisco and back when she was speaker. But hey, she's a commie, so that doesn't count, RIGHT?

If I recall correctly, Nazi Pelosi commandeered an entire Boeing 757 for her personal use. The fuel cost for that comes to about $48,000 per round trip. Times 52 makes the yearly total come to $2,500,000.00, and that's just for gas. Then there's depreciation of the equipment and the salaries of the crew.

One thing that makes no sense to me is Pruitt is reputed to have had the government pay for ~$14K worth of charter flights out of DC and using "lights and siren" to get through traffic in order to make the flights. That no sense to me because I've flown plenty of charter flights; such flights depart on the passenger's schedule, not the airplane operator's.

Seem to me too that much of what Pruitt's been doing is listening to various executives gripe about this or that regulation and then ordering EPA staffers to scrap the regulation(s). It sounds to me like Pruitt treats his job as one of incessant favor granting rather than anything having to do with protecting the environment.

One thing that makes no sense to me is Pruitt is reputed to have had the government pay for ~$14K worth of charter flights out of DC and using "lights and siren" to get through traffic in order to make the flights. That no sense to me because I've flown plenty of charter flights; such flights depart on the passenger's schedule, not the airplane operator's.

Seem to me too that much of what Pruitt's been doing is listening to various executives gripe about this or that regulation and then ordering EPA staffers to scrap the regulation(s). It sounds to me like Pruitt treats his job as one of incessant favor granting rather than anything having to do with protecting the environment.

The article doesn’t say anything about charter planes however it talks of him flying first class on commercial airlines. Still, you would think one would plan better so they wouldn’t need lights and sirens.

The article doesn’t say anything about charter planes however it talks of him flying first class on commercial airlines. Still, you would think one would plan better so they wouldn’t need lights and sirens.

All high security convoys are run full code.

Private security companies can run lights under the right circumstance. It reduces the possibility of ambush.

If undoing these regulations is "favor granting," then implementing them in the first place must have been persecution.

He and his family get death threats from hostile snowflakes every day, jackass.

really?

then how come there's no record of anyone being charged? anywhere?

it's bullshit, you buffoon, and you eat it up with a spoon and beg for more

Pruitt has said his use of first-class airfare was initiated following unpleasant interactions with other travelers. In one incident, someone yelled a profanity as he walked through the airport.

But a nationwide search of state and federal court records by AP finds no case where anyone has been arrested or charged with threatening Pruitt.

EPA chief spent millions on security and travel

Supposedly, Pruitt's sorry hide needs constant protection from the "various threats"made on his life.

So, the question arises as to WHO is the most threatening individual to this current corrupt administration....and, of course, that would be Mueller.

Should Mueller be also walking around with a 20 person security detail (as well as Mueller's staff needing protection) AND are Mueller's offices protected from Watergate-like break-ins???

Supposedly, Pruitt's sorry hide needs constant protection from the "various threats"made on his life.

So, the question arises as to WHO is the most threatening individual to this current corrupt administration....and, of course, that would be Mueller.

Should Mueller be also walking around with a 20 person security detail (as well as Mueller's staff needing protection) AND are Mueller's offices protected from Watergate-like break-ins???
Mueller is not a threat to the Trump administration.

And if Mueller thought he needed more security he would request it. He is likely more than capable of protecting himself due to his military and FBI training.

Forum List

Back