Enough with the gun issues Democrats.

Work on getting a laws to randomly check troubled teens for mental stability.

Great idea. Forget about the guns, but cure mental illness instead. That should be quick and easy. I wonder why nobody thought of that before.
How many guns have crawled out and killed someone. Most of all the shooters have shown need of help before committing the shooting only to be ignored until after the act.

Great idea. Forget about the guns, but cure mental illness instead. That should be quick and easy. I wonder why nobody thought of that before.
How many guns have crawled out and killed someone. Most of all the shooters have shown need of help before committing the shooting only to be ignored until after the act.

I know that sounds reasonable to gun nuts, but for sane people not so much.

And I suppose you think banning guns will stop shootings. Those who think that, are insane.

And I suppose you think banning guns will stop shootings. Those who think that, are insane.
Snag is, no one advocates for ‘banning’ guns.

Rather than guessing what people are thinking, listen instead to what they’re actually saying.

Rather than guessing what people are thinking, listen instead to what they’re actually saying.
You made me laugh now lets get serious. When they get their on the issue at hand that will open the door to banning gun. Be truthful in your dishonesty

No. Reasonable gun regulation can cut down on shootings though.

Not at all true, most of these shooters were on SSRI antidepressants.

These are linked to most shootings.

From Prozac to Parkland: Are Psychiatric Drugs Causing Mass Shootings?

Gun bans and restrictions will not end these shootings. Removing these drugs, especially from our youth will.

But that ain’t sexy, and won’t win votes.

So I guess we just let the killing go on.

You made me laugh now lets get serious. When they get their on the issue at hand that will open the door to banning gun. Be truthful in your dishonesty

If you walk out your front door, a lion that escaped from the zoo might eat you too . That doesn't mean it is really something you should worry about..

No. Reasonable gun regulation can cut down on shootings though.

Doubtful. It’s dreaming

If you walk out your front door, a lion that escaped from the zoo might eat you too . That doesn't mean it is really something you should worry about..

Which is roughly the same odds that you will be shot if you are not a gang member, in a criminal act or committing suicide.

Gun bans and restrictions will not end these shootings. Removing these drugs, especially from our youth will.

I agree those meds never were the right approach

Which is roughly the same odds that you will be shot if you are not a gang member, in a criminal act or committing suicide.

Or in the way when an overzealous cop is pissed off.

I’ve got a thread going in current events. List many of the mass shooters and which antidepressant(s) they were on, and it doesn’t list all that were.

It’s amazing just how many were on them. Even more amazing is that people on them are 50% more likely to be convicted of a violent crime then the general public. Of those with the same clinical diagnosis, but chose a different treatment? Almost zero violent crime arrests.

I’ve got a thread going in current events. List many of the mass shooters and which antidepressant(s) they were on, and it doesn’t list all that were.

It’s amazing just how many were on them. Even more amazing is that people on them are 50% more likely to be convicted of a violent crime then the general public. Of those with the same clinical diagnosis, but chose a different treatment? Almost zero violent crime arrests.

Time to fact check those statements. Fun ain't it.

Encyclopedia of American Loons: #1568: Selwyn Duke

Is this your source?

Last edited:

Not that I disagree with the findings here, but no shit, chemically imbalanced people aren't mentally stable. These folks usually have more than one screw loose, it's almost never "just" depression.

Not that I disagree with the findings here, but no shit, chemically imbalanced people aren't mentally stable. These folks usually have more than one screw loose, it's almost never "just" depression.

I would agree if it was not for the fact that studies show that 33% of the population were eligible for treatment, only 1/3rd elected for an SSRI. It is only that group that elected the SSRI treatments that exhibited the 50% rise in violent crime convictions (and that's just convictions). The other 2/3rd, those taking no treatment, or an alternative method were at, or below the national average in violent behaviors that resulted in violent criminal behavior.

That is a telling statistic.

Unnecessary ... Troubled teens engage in behavior that often requires they encounter law enforcement and school staff on a regular basis.
The problem occurs when proper actions are not taken during these encounters.

Such is the case with shooters like Nikolas Cruz ... He was no stranger to the system, nor its failures.
You have to remember ... He didn't shoot up a park full of his classmates ...
He shot up the school he was kicked out of several times ... And sent back to several times as the result of negligent existing policy.

I would agree if it was not for the fact that studies show that 33% of the population were eligible for treatment, only 1/3rd elected for an SSRI. It is only that group that elected the SSRI treatments that exhibited the 50% rise in violent crime convictions (and that's just convictions). The other 2/3rd, those taking no treatment, or an alternative method were at, or below the national average in violent behaviors that resulted in violent criminal behavior.

That is a telling statistic.

Serotonin induced schizophrenia kind of thing? I could see it, however, my point is that they've got a mental problem they're unable to fix on their own to begin with. So they toss them on drugs, because that's the quick and easy money maker for doctors. The parents of the kids just write off the side effects as "oh it'll get better" and the kids these days live in a culture of all wanting to be mentally unstable cause it's "cool" or some shit - personally I suspect half of them lie about their "depression" just so they can have an official prescription and win the victim olympics they're all so fond of playing, or worse the kid says they're sad and their parent immediately declare them as depressed because they want to live in some fantasy world where kids and teens don't go through emotional down times. (Not that there aren't some folks who suffer from depression, but I highly doubt it's as many as the stats seem to suggest. Kind of like the media acts like transgenders are half the population of the country from they way they go on about it.) Meh, on second thought, maybe all the dumb ass people taking antidepressants they don't actually need are going schizo.

Forum List

Back