Enough said....

Amazing post. The pictures are incredible...and necessary, because Liberals don't read well.

A majority in Detroit are illiterate...completely illiterate!

Did Liberals learn anything at all from Detroit?

I have asked that question at the end of about 40 posts. Never got an answer.

Apparently, they didn't....which is pretty scary.

Why do conservatives think the example of Detroit somehow proves liberalism is wrong? You're making liberals laugh instead of convincing us that we're wrong. And what about all the other cities, most of which are run by liberals, that don't have Detroit's problems?

You know what liberals learned from Detroit? That conservative pro free trade policies and their aggressive anti unionism was bad for Detroit. That white racism and white flight was bad for Detroit. Those are the lessons liberals learned. There are no others to learn.

An article by blithering idiots for gullible suckers. A few pics of some condemned buildings in Detroit, every major city has them, and it is proof positive that...democrats are worse than a nuclear holocaust.

I'm beginning to understand why lower - middle class low information rightwingers consistently vote against their own self-interest. Apparently you'll believe just about anything that fits your prejudice.

Here's a hint. You'll become a much wiser person if you read materials critical of your worldview. That engenders reflection and critical thought. Without it, a person could end up a dullard in a thread comparing condemned buildings in Detroit to nuclear disasters.

Hey genius, you can in your ideological fog ignore reality all you like.
And you can take that inference to the race card and cram it.
Detroit is an example of massive urban government failure and corruption.
For 40 plus years politicians have taken money, enriched themselves and even gone to prison while the city crumbled around them.
This you cannot accept. So you lash out at others who've had precisely ZERO effect on the city.
Detroit is a decaying dump because of graft,. criminal activity and ineptitude.
Meanwhile in the same period of time a city laid waste was rebuilt into a gleaming example of what happens when people put their minds to a goal and don't take no for an answer.

An article by blithering idiots for gullible suckers. A few pics of some condemned buildings in Detroit, every major city has them, and it is proof positive that...democrats are worse than a nuclear holocaust.

I'm beginning to understand why lower - middle class low information rightwingers consistently vote against their own self-interest. Apparently you'll believe just about anything that fits your prejudice.

Here's a hint. You'll become a much wiser person if you read materials critical of your worldview. That engenders reflection and critical thought. Without it, a person could end up a dullard in a thread comparing condemned buildings in Detroit to nuclear disasters.

Yeah, Detroit is such a great success story???
Because if Detroit is not a democratic nuclear holocaust it has to be a success. . .yup, ok.

I think it is somewhere on the continuum btn nuclear holocaust and success.

Don't you?

I think you'd argue in opposition to sunlight if it were a GOP idea.

Another post calling Conservatives idiots...as if that is a response to the point being made.

It is amazing. "Idiot" or "Nutter" or some similar epithet, is thought of by the Liberal Community as being a legitimate response in a political debate. It is about the only approach in this Board.

This poster adds just a little. He argues that this thread is "comparing buildings in Detroit to nuclear disasters."

No Sir!

It is comparing how far Hiroshima has risen from nuclear disaster to how far Detroit has disintegrated since it was taken over by Democrats who injected massive amounts of Federal money into it in an attempt to make it the shining star of Liberalism...the crown jewel of the Great Society and the War on Poverty.

Your attempt to portray the pictures of Detroit as isolated instances is an insult even to pinheads.

Shame on you.
No Sir, shame on you. Did you even read the insulting posts preceding my own. I didn't think so.

In your warped world, rightwingers are free to insult liberals and, I guess we're just supposed to take it.

Wrong.

The rest of your blather is unsupported rightwing BS. If you want to discuss something intelligently. Post something that is intelligent.

Umm. You responded to my OP thread strter with an insult.
You saw the post and IMMEDIATELY went on the attack against conservatives.
How you made the connection between the two examples is a mystery.
It does say however that you have no rebuttal. Only personal attacks.
Tell me something, oh great one..What's RIGHT with Detroit?

News flash: this was the Liberals Model City of the future (LBJ) and it is now Bankrupt. Can you comprehend it?
Your conclusion is based in what I surmise is some sadistic fantasy to blame Liberals and Union workers.

Check the facts: the auto industry crashed b/c of horrible mis-MANAGEMENT. Not labor.

Management was turning out cars nobody wanted. Labor did its part.

That's a typical pro union "us vs them" response. Empty rhetoric.
The fact is that when GM was saddled with a $2,000 per unit fixed cost for UAW wages benefits and pensions, it became clear that model was no longer sustainable.
As foreign competition increased, more choices for car buyers to purchase quality automobiles which dealers and manufacturers stand behind with longer term and more comprehensive warranties, the former Big Three began to lose market share.
The largest percentage cost of building an automobile( Labor) had to be adjusted.
The unions either had to go or the unions had to be tied to having a stake in the company.
Another issue with Detroit is the city government's kowtowing to public worker unions. To the tune of over 15 billion dollars in unfunded pension obligations. Why did this happen? Because the politicians that allowed this were in bed with the union bosses. As long as the City kept the union bosses happy, the union bosses promised their members would vote for these people as long as they chose to hold office.
Now of course you will shout "BULLSHIT! It didn't happen that way!"...
You then would be living in denial.

Amazing post. The pictures are incredible...and necessary, because Liberals don't read well.

Why do conservatives think the example of Detroit somehow proves liberalism is wrong? You're making liberals laugh instead of convincing us that we're wrong. And what about all the other cities, most of which are run by liberals, that don't have Detroit's problems?

You know what liberals learned from Detroit? That conservative pro free trade policies and their aggressive anti unionism was bad for Detroit. That white racism and white flight was bad for Detroit. Those are the lessons liberals learned. There are no others to learn.

Because liberals did that to Detroit. Period. End of story. There is NO possibility of transferring or deflecting blame. Libs have controlled the City for 50 years. All of the bad shit happened on THEIR watch.

You’ve got to be kidding, this is nothing but hyperbolic idiocy.

Obviously you’re unaware of the fact that this is a fallacy, as you’re comparing two dissimilar things, and your premise fails accordingly.

Your premise also fails as an oversimplification, as the issues leading to Detroit’s bankruptcy are complex and varied, with many different factors contributing.

Last, your inference is subjective, inane, and partisan – that this somehow ‘justifies’ not voting for democratic candidates.

Because liberals did that to Detroit. Period. End of story. There is NO possibility of transferring or deflecting blame. Libs have controlled the City for 50 years. All of the bad shit happened on THEIR watch.

Nonsense.

Again, the issues concerning the Detroit bankruptcy are complex, it’s simplistic and ridiculous to ascribe a single cause to Detroit’s problems, particularly a subjective, partisan ‘cause.’

Consider abandoning your baseless, blind partisan hate and focus on the facts for a change.

For 40 plus years politicians have taken money, enriched themselves and even gone to prison while the city crumbled around them.
This you cannot accept. So you lash out at others who've had precisely ZERO effect on the city.
Meanwhile in the same period of time a city laid waste was rebuilt into a gleaming example of what happens when people put their minds to a goal and don't take no for an answer.
Who in the hell are you talking to? Put down the whiskey and sleep it off.

No, it has become a disgrace to the revolutionary explosion of factory mass production...

It became lost when it's backbone believed the UAW was the only way...

Asia has made it clear, now will they continue? Time will tell...

What made Detroit great so many decades ago, long before I was here, has become nothing more than a memory...
I have no idea what you are trying to convey.

That is no surprise...
Pipe down sonny. My morning bowel movement was more productive than your post.

Obviously you’re unaware of the fact that this is a fallacy, as you’re comparing two dissimilar things, and your premise fails accordingly.

Your premise also fails as an oversimplification, as the issues leading to Detroit’s bankruptcy are complex and varied, with many different factors contributing.

Last, your inference is subjective, inane, and partisan – that this somehow ‘justifies’ not voting for democratic candidates.

Libs...Rationalizations....Excuses.
The issues which created this massive failure are quite simple.
The problem with you libs is you think everything is either complicated or should be.
You people could complicate the process of boiling water.

Nonsense.

Again, the issues concerning the Detroit bankruptcy are complex, it’s simplistic and ridiculous to ascribe a single cause to Detroit’s problems, particularly a subjective, partisan ‘cause.’

Consider abandoning your baseless, blind partisan hate and focus on the facts for a change.

How complex can it be to explain corruption and outright ineptitude.
There is nothing complicated about the failure of Detroit. Nothing.
What hate? Where do you see hate in any post I have made here.
You can play the hate card all you like. Doesn't change the facts.

Who in the hell are you talking to? Put down the whiskey and sleep it off.

Ok...Which part of my post is incorrect?
Did not Kwame Kilpatrick just get sent up the river for the next 26 years for his crimes as mayor of Detroit?
It is you who needs the whiskey.

That is no surprise...

Not a thing of substance comes from you.
This comes as no surprise.
Look, quit while your behind.
You have to substantive rebuttal. You do however have a firm grasp on liberal rhetoric, talking points and insults.
The only person bringing up race is you. I can see you don't understand the word 'prejudice' so:

noun

1preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience

The rest of your BS is ungrammatical BS. Look first to the mismanagement by the private owners and executives of the auto industry. Producing cars for years that no one buys tends to harm the economy. It sure wasn't the wages and benefits paid to labor that brought down the industry.

Not a thing of substance comes from you.
This comes as no surprise.
Look, quit while your behind.
You have to substantive rebuttal. You do however have a firm grasp on liberal rhetoric, talking points and insults.
The only person bringing up race is you. I can see you don't understand the word 'prejudice' so:

noun

1preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience

The rest of your BS is ungrammatical BS. Look first to the mismanagement by the private owners and executives of the auto industry. Producing cars for years that no one buys tends to harm the economy. It sure wasn't the wages and benefits paid to labor that brought down the industry.

I never mentioned race. You inferred it by use of the term "prejudice".
That was in your first post in the thread.
They didn't throw Kwame Kilpatrick into prison for anything the auto industry may or may not have done.
Second, blaming the Big Three for making less than desirable autos for the downfall and decay of the city of Detroit is a lot of hogwash. For every comment like that, there are ten pro union people who will insist that GM Chrysler and Ford have and always will make the best cars in the world. And that is only by their good graces. For only "union made" is of any quality. Which way do you want it? Because you can't have it both ways.
Wages benefits and pensions coerced by the UAW are the primary cause of the auto company meltdown. $71 per line worker( cost of the employee to the employer) is ABSURD.
Oh, you want to blame the auto industry? Hmm. Why?
The Detroit city leadership's fatal mistake was placing the financial and well being of the city and surrounding areas at the feet of the auto industry. No other large American city had ever done that nor does any currently do same.
No bubbie, the city went down due to political corruption, theft, graft, backroom deals with public worker unions, a weak criminal justice system, high taxes and lack of industrial diversity....All of these things rest squarely on the shoulders of politicians of past and present who run the city.
I'd say that if there is any place in the nation that is tied to one industry it is Charlotte, NC. Too close to the banking industry.
One more item...Show examples of where I used poor grammar.
If you dare.
Oh, don't let me catch you ending a sentence with a preposition.

Last edited:

The factors leading to Detroit's bankruptcy are complex, ranging from D to T, with the letters emocra in between.
Detroit's bankruptcy is the direct result of generations of failed Democrat policies that have at their root government at the top dictating downward. That never works.

News flash: this was the Liberals Model City of the future (LBJ) and it is now Bankrupt. Can you comprehend it?
Your conclusion is based in what I surmise is some sadistic fantasy to blame Liberals and Union workers.

Check the facts: the auto industry crashed b/c of horrible mis-MANAGEMENT. Not labor.

Management was turning out cars nobody wanted. Labor did its part.
Quit lying THERE WAS COKE CANS FOUND IN 70''s.Ford door panels, they were going to work drunk, people were clocking other folks in and out... it is well documented. The entire bail out was about pensions..

And Btw I think us tax payers the last I read lost $20 billion dollars on the GM stock and those workers got a $5 grand bonus a piece last summer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back