Elvis movie left me with a few questions, looked it up: real life/accent of Colonel Parker odder than portrayed...Parker refused to look @Elvis casket

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
read the book "The Colonel" by Alanna Nash. it really lays things out. and the things i found reading it are shocking. i'll tell ya all about it on this thread, but not now!

FV4uS8-XgAc7m31

Why would he look ?
More than anybody else in the world he was furious that Elvis ( it was his twin that was cremated) had got CIA agreement to his death being faked

DYOFR

I didn't particularly love the movie, but Austin Butler was amazing as Elvis. He shone through that weak-ass script. Now all that said, I have always had the impression that many many people around him, including Elvis's dad, were in on the grift besides just Parker.

We had planned at one point to go back to Memphis post-covid, but the release of that movie, and now Lisa Marie's death means the tourist volumes will be elevated for awhile. Maybe next year. I love Beale Street. I mainly want to go because I have never done the Lorraine Hotel proper. I do Graceland every time just to talk about how we need to do our house just like it---tacky chic. "Hey instead of repainting that ceiling, we can just put a shag carpet on it" "You know what this room needs? A lightening bolt mural on the wall and some monkey statues scattered about" :woohoo:

Forum List

Back