Elton John

I have all his early albums including this one:
602557070941.jpg

sorry i logged off to go to dinner
today i dont know what the fuck that is
thats not elton john
like all the greats of of the 70's like a lot of them he had yuge 80's pop successs ..

billy joel cant sing for over a decade now
I thought the stones should of retired when i saw them in Atlantic City .im trying to remember what year it was but i'm drawing a blank ...it was certainly the 80s
I went with my older brother and a couple broads Guess where we saw em at ? Poor micks gotta fly to new york to get decent medical care

TRUMPS convention center :04:
stayed at caesars walked away from a blackjack table up over a grand ..... got some all weekend to
Ya know something to me its not really to weird ....a Trump presidency
it is and it isn't
In NYc Trump was always there and to us natives that name is just part of the landscape .
That hes just some some schlub from Queens AND hes the president amazes the fuckin
shit outta me .....the country is in that bad of shape that we put billionaire Archie in charge :20:

Cause we aint talkin Teddy Roosevelt here

Like many artist/bands of that era, their best work happened before the pop mania of the 1980's.
MTV and record companies signing multi-album per year deals dramatically reduced the quality of songs.
So many bands lost their art in that decade.

His early days were the best.

I agree.

A friend and I went to the coast last week. I played the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road on the way back. We sang along with the songs. It took us both back to different times in our lives.

I couldn't believe I was in 8th grade when that album came out.

I've had the honor to work with him a few times. He's a pure joy. Such a wonderful man. Will do just about anything for his fans. I just loved working with him.

from Stereogum:

"“I like people who write songs,” #EltonJohn told BBC Radio 6 Music’s Matt Everitt. “There’s plenty of people that do but a lot of them don’t get played on the radio because they’re too sophisticated, and we get songs made by a computer all the time, and I’m not interested in that.” He singled out #theLemonTwigs and #FatherJohnMisty as current favorites. “He reminds me a little bit of me the way he writes songs,” John said of FJM. “I liked it because it’s proper songs. You look at most of the records in the charts — they’re not real songs. They’re bits and pieces, and it’s nice to hear someone write a proper song.” He also praised 21-year-old musician and internet personality #ConanGray: “Conan’s from America and he’s the only person in the American Spotify Top 50 to actually write the song without anybody else. Everybody else there’s four or five writers on it.”"

His early days were the best.

I kick myself every time I realize that
I was living in New York City in 1980 when Elton John held a FREE concert in Central Park that I didn't even know about !! ( I did see Johnny Wnter and Linda Ronstadt there earlier that summer.)

Here's footage of it . ( check out the Twin Towers between 2:00 and 3:00)
400,000 people chanting Saturday on the opening song. That's greatness.

Can't believe I missed this. John Lennon was killed a few months later - Central Park was a Beatles memorial for a week - very somber atmosphere.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back