Elon Musk Issues Ultimatum

I didn't see where he was forcing anyone to stay. He said get ready to work hard (and succeed) or find somewhere else to work. How is that ruining other people's lives. I've known many Tesla engineers over a number of years. They all seem to be content in their lives and happy with their successes. Successful people are successful because they are dedicated and they surround themselves with like-minded people.
Unless you're trap in a rut and someone with a strike against you is arranging the people then you're shit out of luck.

The look of a man who knows he's just stepped in shit but can't say shit

gettyimages-1242798333-d5f3222b69708ffcfc7243755d63a7ecacfda4fb-s800-c85.webp

His own shit. What he needs to do is apologize, then seek help and forgiveness. But he's too much of a legend in his own mind for that now. So he'll sleep in his cloths, forget to shower or shave, and just keep barking ultimatums like an idiot.

Last edited:

His own shit. What he needs to do is apologize, then seek help and forgiveness. But he's too much of a legend in his own mind for that now. So he'll sleep in his cloths, forget to shower or shave, and just keep barking ultimatums like an idiot.
Nicely put.

Well he didn't say "make personal sacrifices and hey, here on the side, I want to make a deal with you in this dark corner over here. You see, we've got this client with a special request..." as I am sure the previous owners were on about.

Interesting to watch this unfold, hope it goes well. Musk looks like a straightforward guy.
He looks like someone who really doesn't know what to do with an item he bought... A sad midlife crisis

Computer jobs are pretty tough, I'm sure they would be rewarded for their loyalty and dedication. Tech companies are very generous with pay. They don't want to lose their talent and obviously Twitter is going to go through a heavy renovation. I wonder what's on the other side.
I think Elon does too...

It reminds me of that scene in Spaceballs to where the emperor tells Darth Vader..."do something"....Darth tells his general, "Do something"....the General orders his troops..."do something".

I guess telling everyone to be "hardcore" is his idea of a strategy.

He looks damn upset and rough around the edges.

I think Elon does too...

It reminds me of that scene in Spaceballs to where the emperor tells Darth Vader..."do something"....Darth tells his general, "Do something"....the General orders his troops..."do something".

I guess telling everyone to be "hardcore" is his idea of a strategy.
Well, what we see on the news is less than 1% of what is going on. We see a show.

I believe this may be interchangeable with an obituary that will someday be written. It is not as if Twitter will go away...Mysapce.com is still around too. But you're not going to get optimum performance from people you threaten.

I saw the Twitter workplace.

These people would not last three days put together in my job. Not three put together. And I'm not alone. There are lots of jobs where they would melt like little hothouse flowers.

In short: good for him

I believe this may be interchangeable with an obituary that will someday be written. It is not as if Twitter will go away...Mysapce.com is still around too. But you're not going to get optimum performance from people you threaten.
what’s the threat? he’s giving folks an option to have a job or not

Twitter will go away if Musk is trying to kill it. Seems likely, especially since Meta is tanking now too. Then Musk starts a new platform tied to Starlink without the messy competition.

Twitter will go away if Musk is trying to kill it. Seems likely, especially since Meta is tanking now too. Then Musk starts a new platform tied to Starlink without the messy competition.
Yes, folks just didn't like the idea of "tweeting" on Twitter nor "facing" one another on Facebook. Now they can "meat" one another on Meta or simply "stink" on Starlink.

He is like a child with ADD.

Last week he was talking about turning Twitter into a financial company complete with debit cards and high yield money market accounts.

This week he sees Twitter as a "a software and servers company."

Seems he wants Twitter to be everything except what it is.

Doubtful.

Twitter will be there but, if you look at what sustains these companies is a mix of public buy-in as well as ROI. Public buy-in is the biggest component. If Doha-Kat or whatever her name is doesn't tweet, nobody logs on to Twitter to see what she is saying to her followers. No eye-balls; no advertising....no income.

Now, Facebook for a great example, became a must have in some circles because they offered something nobody else had...this virtual community to where you could share your experiences with people whom you already communicate; turning every move you make into a potential teleconference complete with original content, sourced media, etc... Before FB, YouTube was an innovator in that space except for the shared experiences....you could broadcast audio, video, third party media, etc... Then....boom.....TikTok supplanted them...so now Facebook has Reels through it's subsidiary Instagram to compete with TikTok. This is what a workplace does; they have the intellectual bandwidth to adapt to a changing marketplace.

Does Musk really think that these engineers who are looking to jump ship are chomping at the bit to work for a guy who just fired 1/2 of the staff of a social media giant? I grant that there is a strong mercenary culture in Silicon Valley but, unlike the mercenaries who read Soldier of Fortune, these folks can see the big picture.

Twitter will be around but to continue to get the buy-in; you have to offer something that is at least a few degrees outside of what everyone else is offering (which is why you see a new menu item launched every other week from McDonalds and whatnot). Its difficult to get the buy-in when you don't have the content and even harder still when your just fired your innovators.

Forum List

Back