Elon Musk has enraged the Left

Jim Carrey Announces Twitter Departure, Leaves Fans …

2 hours ago · Jim Carrey has officially left Twitter. After a two-week hiatus, the "Mask" actor took to the social media platform Tuesday to make his last tweet. He sent his 18.9 million followers …

Comment:
No one cares.
Carry is another wokester poser.
He is another creepy cretin on my Do Not Watch list.
Freedom of Speech is an essential part of a free society.
Being opposed to Freedom of Speech is REGRESSIVE.

View attachment 732674
He's been a mess since that girl he was with committed suicide

Asking Twitter to not post something is not a crime, regardless of who makes the request and what the material is.
If the Xiden campaign did, and they did on their behalf, yes it could be considered an in kind political contribution that would be subject to campaign contribution laws. I don't know if that happened.

The FBI doing it, certainly isn't a crime....but then twitter could be considered a State Actor, and would have violated folks Constitiutional rights...that's not a crime...

If Twitter decided what to publish, they could be sued? What are you talking about?

No, that doesn't violate any laws. If so, list the law being broken.
There sweeping legal immunity for social media under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act....but that's designed to protect so called "bulletin boards" and not publishers.....if a company is deciding what is published, they are a publisher, and thus not protected, and could be sued for the content.

You are unaware of campaign contribution laws? There are limits to the amount a private company or individual can give a campaign directly, it's not just cash either, it's anything of value. Not to mention there are reporting requirements for the campaigns

If the Xiden campaign did, and they did on their behalf, yes it could be considered an in kind political contribution that would be subject to campaign contribution laws. I don't know if that happened.

No it wouldn't. Show me the law.

The FBI doing it, certainly isn't a crime....but then twitter could be considered a State Actor, and would have violated folks Constitiutional rights...that's not a crime...
But they are not a state actor so not sure what your point is.

No it wouldn't. Show me the law.

But they are not a state actor so not sure what your point is.
1) Contribution limits - FEC.gov.

In-kind contributions
The value of an in-kind contribution—the usual and normal charge—counts against the contribution limit as a gift of money does. Additionally, like any other contribution, in-kind contributions count against the contributor’s limit for the next election, unless they are otherwise designated.

2) I don't know about that, the case law, applied to the facts we know about the FBI, engaged with Tweeter...implies they were.

There sweeping legal immunity for social media under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act....but that's designed to protect so called "bulletin boards" and not publishers.....if a company is deciding what is published, they are a publisher, and thus not protected, and could be sued for the content.

Why would Twitter lose their first amendment rights even if 230 was revoked?

You are unaware of campaign contribution laws? There are limits to the amount a private company or individual can give a campaign directly, it's not just cash either, it's anything of value. Not to mention there are reporting requirements for the campaigns
That has nothing to do with private citizen Biden requesting something not be posted.

There is no correlation between donations and requesting something not be posted.

1) Contribution limits - FEC.gov.

In-kind contributions
The value of an in-kind contribution—the usual and normal charge—counts against the contribution limit as a gift of money does. Additionally, like any other contribution, in-kind contributions count against the contributor’s limit for the next election, unless they are otherwise designated.

Again, nothing to do with requesting a post not be allowed.

2) I don't know about that, the case law, applied to the facts we know about the FBI, engaged with Tweeter...implies they were.
So what if the FBI was engaged with Twitter? Trump had a right to ask for posts to be taken down, as long as he didn't try to compel them to do it and I have seen no evidence of that.

Why would Twitter lose their first amendment rights even if 230 was revoked?

That has nothing to do with private citizen Biden requesting something not be posted.

There is no correlation between donations and requesting something not be posted.
1) they wouldn't.....having a first amendment right doesn't mean you can't be sued...
2) Sure it does, he was running a campaign, he is subject to those laws...we all are.
3) sure there is, that can be seen as a in kind donation, that wasn't reported. Michael Cohen plead guilty to one count of willfully causing an unlawful corporate contribution, and one count of making an excessive campaign contribution at the request of a candidate....in what was fair less valuable then censoring this legit news

Again, nothing to do with requesting a post not be allowed.

So what if the FBI was engaged with Twitter? Trump had a right to ask for posts to be taken down, as long as he didn't try to compel them to do it and I have seen no evidence of that.
1) Of course it does....not allowing that information to be made public benefited the campaign
2) Yes, it appears the FBI was...weekly.....there is no evidence that trump asked for the hunter biden story to be taken down. Try again.

1) they wouldn't.....having a first amendment right doesn't mean you can't be sued...
2) Sure it does, he was running a campaign, he is subject to those laws...we all are.

We are discussing if it is legal or not to ask Twitter to remove a post. This has nothing to do with campaign donations caps etc.

3) sure there is, that can be seen as a in kind donation, that wasn't reported. Michael Cohen plead guilty to one count of willfully causing an unlawful corporate contribution, and one count of making an excessive campaign contribution at the request of a candidate....in what was fair less valuable then censoring this legit news
Again, this is about requesting Twitter remove a post. I acknowledge that campaign contributions are subject to laws. That is not in contention.

1) Of course it does....not allowing that information to be made public benefited the campaign

So. What's wrong with that?

2) Yes, it appears the FBI was...weekly.....there is no evidence that trump asked for the hunter biden story to be taken down. Try again.
Well it certainly wasn't Biden's FBI since he wasn't president at the time. Still the FBI can ask or recommend or advise Twitter anything they want as long as they don't try to force or compel.

Do you have proof Trump's FBI tried to force Twitter to do anything?

We are discussing if it is legal or not to ask Twitter to remove a post. This has nothing to do with campaign donations caps etc.

Again, this is about requesting Twitter remove a post. I acknowledge that campaign contributions are subject to laws. That is not in contention.
1) it does when it's for a campaign.
2) ok, so that remains as I said...if the campaign did it, which it happened during the campaign, and it was damaging to the campaign, it would be a crime.

So. What's wrong with that?

Well it certainly wasn't Biden's FBI since he wasn't president at the time. Still the FBI can ask or recommend or advise Twitter anything they want as long as they don't try to force or compel.

Do you have proof Trump's FBI tried to force Twitter to do anything?
1) if the campaign asked for it, it would be seen as a campaign contribution and subject to the laws
2) They were meeting weekly, it seems pretty obvious they were in a symbiotic relationship...to help xiden win the election.
3) yes man...geez...have you really being ignoring all this?Hunter Biden laptop bombshell: Twitter invented reason to censor Post’s reporting

1) it does when it's for a campaign.
2) ok, so that remains as I said...if the campaign did it, which it happened during the campaign, and it was damaging to the campaign, it would be a crime.
Again...this is about Elon twitter info release.

Is their a release of info from Elon that leads you to believe Biden broke campaign finance laws and if so, please link it.

Again...this is about Elon twitter info release.

Is their a release of info from Elon that leads you to believe Biden broke campaign finance laws and if so, please link it.
I repeatedly have said that is yet to be determined. But you were asking where the crime was...i said that would be a crime

I repeatedly have said that is yet to be determined. But you were asking where the crime was...i said that would be a crime
It would be a crime if trump had done it too.

Yet no evidence exists it did.

It would be a crime if trump had done it too.

Yet no evidence exists it did.
well yeah, we are all subject to the law, nobody is above the law...that's why a full scale investigation needs to be done......but I find it hard to believe the Trump campaign wanted this story about Hunter censored

well yeah, we are all subject to the law, nobody is above the law...that's why a full scale investigation needs to be done......but I find it hard to believe the Trump campaign wanted this story about Hunter censored
I doubt he would either but asking Twitter to not post it is hardly a crime.

Why does a full investigation of campaign finance need to be done? Has there been some sort of revelation?

Forum List

Back