Elon Musk Considers Reinstating Alex Jones on X

I don't disagree that Twitter can run their business as they choose and the baker should be able to do the same. But I also admire Elon Musk who appreciates the importance of social media to influence, inform, and also its power to disinform and suppress information. And his choice was to make Twitter, now X, an open forum for a free exchange of ideas, concepts, information without censorship except in those areas that are unacceptable to ALL civil society.
You are incorrect in your assumptions about X being more open. Please process this next sentence carefully.That non-members of X cannot read the current posts of members is a massive suppression of exchanged ideas, and the chronological order non-members see is not the same order they saw when it was Twitter.

Not a free exchange of ideas, but exclusionary, fascist exchanges.

You are incorrect in your assumptions about X being more open. Please process this next sentence carefully.That non-members of X cannot read the current posts of members is a massive suppression of exchanged ideas, and the chronological order non-members see is not the same order they saw when it was Twitter.

Not a free exchange of ideas, but exclusionary, fascist exchanges.
I don't know about non members but since it is a free program, there is no reason not to have an account if you want to read what's there. That doesn't make it less open.

As for the format there are some aspects I don't like as well but it has nothing to do with censorship of information. I have very much appreciated that I can say what I think needs to be said now without fear of having my account suspended.

I once was actually defending Pelosi when she was misquoted. And I added "I am not saying she should not be hung but just that she should be hung for a crime she actually commits." Twitter under former management suspended my account until I took down that tweet. Said it was 'harassment'. Say that covid vax is a fraud and your account was suspended. Say that J6 was encouraged by government operatives and your account was suspended. Those on the left could say pretty much anything about anything and no suspensions.

It's much better now.

Last edited:
I don't know about non members but since it is a free program, there is no reason not to have an account if you want to read what's there. That doesn't make it less open.

It does, it makes it not open to those not wanting to share their information with X.

While they have every right to have this rule, it does make it less open

Should flat earthers also be banned from the public square?

I do not think anyone should be banned from the public square.

But twitter is not a public anything , it is a private entity that can have its own rules

It does, it makes it not open to those not wanting to share their information with X.

While they have every right to have this rule, it does make it less open
That would make it less accessible to those who don't want to have accounts I suppose. But the program is for those who have accounts and the more accounts the more advertising revenue etc. for X. Elon isn't running X as a charity. He intends to make it profitable as a free speech platform. If his game plan doesn't work out as he intends, he'll certainly regroup and tweak it again.

I do not think anyone should be banned from the public square.

But twitter is not a public anything , it is a private entity that can have its own rules

Social media is the new public square and they receive government protection.

Frankly, guys like you that want to silence others scare the Hell out of me.

When in history did censors end up on the right side of history?

I block nutcases on X because I don't want to see any more of their content, but I don't call for them to be censored. Why do you?
I am not. I am asking if you believe flat earthers on X will increase X ad revenues?

Social media is the new public square and they receive government protection.

Frankly, guys like you that want to silence others scare the Hell out of me.

When in history did censors end up on the right side of history?

Yeah, I have heard that line about social media and I do not buy it. Social media sites are private entities, not public ones. They get to set their own rules.

I do not want to silence anyone. That you have to lie about me says a great deal about you, and nothing about me.

I support the rights of private entities to run their business as they see fit.

Yeah, I have heard that line about social media and I do not buy it. Social media sites are private entities, not public ones. They get to set their own rules.

I do not want to silence anyone. That you have to lie about me says a great deal about you, and nothing about me.

I support the rights of private entities to run their business as they see fit.

You are definitely in favor of silencing those who express views with which you disagree.

Not enough to be felt, but even flat earthers buy things, right?
Do they? I did not even know they were a real thing, and not a joke. Would that counter the urge of advertisers to not be associated?

I mean we have satellites that orbit the earth since Sputnik. . .

You are definitely in favor of silencing those who express views with which you disagree.

Link to any post I made that supports this claim of yours.

If you can find even one I will leave the forum for a month.

Those who do not understand the concept of the U.S. Declaration of Independence that formed the foundation of the U.S. Constitution really can't understand the concept of rights as normal Americans understand them.

Don't go by what the 'woke' progressive leftist radicals consider to be rights.
The fucking planet understands it, we're reminded 156.7 million times a day

Forum List

Back