Elizabeth Warren For SCOTUS

A younger Bernie sanders needs to get confirmed and put on the court!
Gag!

You really do want to destroy this country, don't you?

No the Republicans have already destroyed America with their illegal wars. patriot act, and crashing of the economy.

Democrats crushed the economy. How did the Iraq war or the Patriot act destroy America? The later can be repealed with the stroke of a pen. Letwingers do permanent damage to the country by creating monstrosities like the ACA that can only be repealed by an act of God even if the majority of Americans hates them.

Last edited:
Getting away from the typical partisan bickering here at USMB, I think Obama should appoint a pragmatic centralist.
We have four from the right and four from the left, we need the a tie-breaker Supreme that isn't lead by ideological philosophy but instead is lead by the Constitution.

He can't nominate someone lead by the constitution. They would be Conservative

x271cof5qf.jpg

Now that Scalia is taking a dirt nap Obama's constitutional duty is the pick a nominee. I had some thoughts. I was thinking he'd nominate Shotgun Joe Biden, Barney Frank or some lesser known jurist but when I received this Email from Florida Congressman Alan Grayson I knew who I was going to want to see on the US Supreme Court. It's a no brainer. Elizabeth Warren is the obvious choice and here's why.

1. Elizabeth Warren is squeaky clean. (There are no clean conservatives, they simply do not exist. Look at what a disaster that scumbag Clarence Thomas is.)

2. Elizabeth Warren is brilliant! She as the ability to arrive at the obvious very quickly.

3. She's a woman of the people and unlike any CONservative she's not mobbed up with the 1%.

4. Even if the criminal Republican scum block her nomination they will get bloodied up in the process.

Grayson's argument is even more persuasive.

VdYA6nD.jpg

Dear Mr. President,

Please appoint Elizabeth Warren to the Supreme Court, before the end of the week.

Why Elizabeth Warren? She started waiting tables at the age of 13, a year after her father was driven into poverty by a heart attack followed by huge medical bills. She later taught children with disabilities. She was a Harvard Law Professor for almost two decades – in fact, the only one there with tenure who had attended a public university. Her scholarly work is renowned; she is one of the most frequently cited law professors of all time.

She has been an indefatigable watchdog over the capital markets for almost a decade, going back to her extraordinarily valuable work on the Congressional Oversight Panel for the federal bailout program. She created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, even though the Senate Republicans wouldn’t let her run it. She electrified the nation with her “you didn’t build that” speech. And she has been a tireless and effective U.S. Senator.

Fourteen Senators and 17 Congressman have been appointed to the Supreme Court. So it wouldn’t be the first time this happened.

One more thing: Senator Warren is an outstanding writer and communicator, something that the Supreme Court badly needs. (Justice Scalia recently attacked a colleague for a writing style “as pretentious as it [is] egotistic.”) In my opinion, the two best judicial writers of my lifetime are Justice Hugo Black, a former Senator, and Judge Abner Mikva, a former Congressman. (I worked with Mikva; I know what I’m talking about.) Serving in either House of Congress is a very effective lesson in communication.

Would obstructionists in the Senate filibuster an Elizabeth Warren appointment, or vote against her? Maybe. But that seems like poor form against one of their own, for a place as clubby as the U.S. Senate.
And the President should appoint Warren right now, before the end of this week. That would make it a “recess appointment,” and Justice Warren could take office immediately. The obstructionists in the GOP couldn’t do anything about it.

One last reason why Elizabeth Warren should be on the U.S. Supreme Court:

She’s earned it. She deserves it. And she’ll be so, so good at it.
x271cof5qf.jpg

Now that Scalia is taking a dirt nap Obama's constitutional duty is the pick a nominee. I had some thoughts. I was thinking he'd nominate Shotgun Joe Biden, Barney Frank or some lesser known jurist but when I received this Email from Florida Congressman Alan Grayson I knew who I was going to want to see on the US Supreme Court. It's a no brainer. Elizabeth Warren is the obvious choice and here's why.

1. Elizabeth Warren is squeaky clean. (There are no clean conservatives, they simply do not exist. Look at what a disaster that scumbag Clarence Thomas is.)

2. Elizabeth Warren is brilliant! She as the ability to arrive at the obvious very quickly.

3. She's a woman of the people and unlike any CONservative she's not mobbed up with the 1%.

4. Even if the criminal Republican scum block her nomination they will get bloodied up in the process.

VdYA6nD.jpg

Dear Mr. President,

Please appoint Elizabeth Warren to the Supreme Court, before the end of the week.

Why Elizabeth Warren? She started waiting tables at the age of 13, a year after her father was driven into poverty by a heart attack followed by huge medical bills. She later taught children with disabilities. She was a Harvard Law Professor for almost two decades – in fact, the only one there with tenure who had attended a public university. Her scholarly work is renowned; she is one of the most frequently cited law professors of all time.

She has been an indefatigable watchdog over the capital markets for almost a decade, going back to her extraordinarily valuable work on the Congressional Oversight Panel for the federal bailout program. She created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, even though the Senate Republicans wouldn’t let her run it. She electrified the nation with her “you didn’t build that” speech. And she has been a tireless and effective U.S. Senator.

Fourteen Senators and 17 Congressman have been appointed to the Supreme Court. So it wouldn’t be the first time this happened.

One more thing: Senator Warren is an outstanding writer and communicator, something that the Supreme Court badly needs. (Justice Scalia recently attacked a colleague for a writing style “as pretentious as it [is] egotistic.”) In my opinion, the two best judicial writers of my lifetime are Justice Hugo Black, a former Senator, and Judge Abner Mikva, a former Congressman. (I worked with Mikva; I know what I’m talking about.) Serving in either House of Congress is a very effective lesson in communication.

Would obstructionists in the Senate filibuster an Elizabeth Warren appointment, or vote against her? Maybe. But that seems like poor form against one of their own, for a place as clubby as the U.S. Senate.
And the President should appoint Warren right now, before the end of this week. That would make it a “recess appointment,” and Justice Warren could take office immediately. The obstructionists in the GOP couldn’t do anything about it.

Pocahontas in the SC? No way.
why dont we just nominate joyce blowhard while were at it.

She's a 'Faux Squaw' meaning she's an unethical liar.

Elizabeth Warren Native American Heritage Backed Up By ...

Your racist remark is not appreciated but you righties are held to lower standards. When it comes to brains they treat you righties like special Olympians.

Special+olympics+special+olympics+becalise+even+if+oli+win+youre_9f14c4_3795571.jpg

It's racist to point out that someone is lying about being a minority? That's absolutely ridiculous.

Of course, the fact that you feel the need to insult the handicap speaks volumes about yourself. You can tell alot about someone by how they treat the "weakest" among us. I use quotes because I have complete confidence that many of those athletes are much stronger than you are. Otherwise you wouldn't feel insecure concerning them

x271cof5qf.jpg

VdYA6nD.jpg

Dear Mr. President,

Squeaky clean? I guess lying on a college application is OK!

Well she would be the first who woman who claimed to be an Indian for financial gain on the SCOTUS!

Getting away from the typical partisan bickering here at USMB, I think Obama should appoint a pragmatic centralist.
We have four from the right and four from the left, we need the a tie-breaker Supreme that isn't lead by ideological philosophy but instead is lead by the Constitution.

He can't nominate someone lead by the constitution. They would be Conservative

Now that's a partisan response if I ever heard one.
Actually, I have looked over various lists and see a few centralist who no doubt would use the Constitution as their guide.
I don't know how many times I've seen those on the right cry and moan about a decision made by the Supremes using the Constitution and had conservative judges vote for that specific decision.
Many of you love the Constitution when a decision goes your way, But when a decision goes against you, whining about the decision and calls for changing the Constitution are quite common.

A younger Bernie sanders needs to get confirmed and put on the court!
Gag!

You really do want to destroy this country, don't you?

No the Republicans have already destroyed America with their illegal wars. patriot act, and crashing of the economy.

Democrats crushed the economy. How did the Iraq war or the Patriot act destroy America? The later can be repealed with the stroke of a pen. Letwingers do permanent damage to the country by creating monstrosities like the ACA that can only be repealed by an act of God even if the majority of Americans hates them.

Your first lie is, "Democrats crashed the economy." Seeing as how reading is not your strong point here a picture for you LIAR,
4970686649_d727ff00fe.jpg

War criminal not only cut taxes on the criminal elite he did it during a his unfunded war. What Bush did was lie us into a war and borrowed money to pay for it.

We had a growing surplus under Clinton and war criminal Bush pissed it away yet a lying POS like you will blame the Dems. Liars like you should be kicked in the throat.

The Patriot act cannot be repealed by executive order or what you called the "stroke of a pen". Keep stroking your dick loser.

The ACA set up health care exchanges and forced competition among insurance companies. Explain how that impacts the economy.

The worst of it is that the party of the scumbag OP wants to pick the next SCOTUS judge, that's the real problem

x271cof5qf.jpg

VdYA6nD.jpg

Dear Mr. President,

Squeaky clean? I guess lying on a college application is OK!

Well she would be the first who woman who claimed to be an Indian for financial gain on the SCOTUS!

You are the one lying liar. BTW, did you know that nearly pedophiles are Republicans?

Elizabeth Warren's Ancestry

x271cof5qf.jpg

VdYA6nD.jpg

Dear Mr. President,

Signs point to some recent appellant court nominee that was confirmed unanimously by the Senate. Probably a woman. And a minority.

The worst of it is that the party of the scumbag OP wants to pick the next SCOTUS judge, that's the real problem

Hey lying dumb fuck, the president nominates and the congress approves. Sounds to me like you were educated south of the Mason-Dixon line.

x271cof5qf.jpg

VdYA6nD.jpg

Dear Mr. President,

Signs point to some recent appellant court nominee that was confirmed unanimously by the Senate. Probably a woman. And a minority.

Let's hope. In the mean time Scalia's grave is a toxic landfill.

x271cof5qf.jpg

VdYA6nD.jpg

Dear Mr. President,

Let's hope. In the mean time Scalia's grave is a toxic landfill.

If these same senators unanimously confirmed a justice in the last year or two......they're going to be hard pressed to reject the same justice on any grounds save whorish partisanship. If the justice is a woman and a minority, even more so.

As then it would look shamefully partisan, sexist and racist. Which are just horrible optics for a party trying to woo moderates, women and minorities for the 2016 presidential election. A task made difficult enough by the silly shit their candidates have already said.

Forum List

Back