Elementary school shooting

I simply hope that we don't fall into the terrorism scare......This knee jerk reaction is nothing more than that....

Stop, slow down, think..........

The armed Americans make up the largest army in the history of the world, they will not give up their weapons.

I simply hope that we don't fall into the terrorism scare......This knee jerk reaction is nothing more than that....

Stop, slow down, think..........

The armed Americans make up the largest army in the history of the world, they will not give up their weapons.

Maybe you won't. Maybe most of the people you know won't. However, many armed Americans will do just that, and with their tail between their legs.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Armed Americans carry their weapons with the Constitution's blessing, which also permits the right to be regulated and managed.

Armed citizens do not guarantee our freedoms, our civic virtue as expressed in the 1st Amendment do.

No actually smart aleck it doest.

For one, schools must have available funding, time and training.

If they arm teachers the city and school districts must have expendable funds to secure not only gun training, but proper permits such as concealed carry permits.

Not to mention testing teacher for psychological issues such as the process police cadets go through. Not to mention equipping teachers with bullet proof vest. The cheapest bulletproof vest runs you about $350 plus tax easy, I assume the fiscal idea of shelling out money to equip teachers with such especially to school districts hurting for money as is, will not be accepted.

Finally, even if we arm teachers this still doesn't prevent school shootings, and even if we assume that it does, what about the mental health of the teacher who had to take life? Most peace officers who kill suspects go on leave and receive a psych evaluation.

This doesn't account for the teacher who is disgruntled because of personal issues, nor does your foolish opinion take into account for teachers who are about to get fired and are among those with nothing to lose and who may snap.....

Yes that is a genius idea

Actually I'd have to say your excuses are flimsey and your priorites suck.Is there any higher priority than protecting the lives entrusted to their care? If so my children would be elsewhere and I suspect a school without students would have budget issues. Teaching accomplishes nothing if the student are too dead to graduate.
And there isn't a lot of demand for well educated corpses.
The budget for security should come before any thing else. Why not a qualified instructor who could train willing staff members and willing PTA vols. the needed instruction for carry licenses. He could also teach basic firarms safety classes to students.

This is a basic argument of sensationalizing something based on some sporadic events.

Ok, let me ask you something.

How often do school shootings happen in your area? What is the ratio of shootings per school, annually?

What is the fiscal budget of schools near where you live?

You say the protection of our children are important then ok, then how would you suggest balancing the budget of equipping every single teacher with bulletproof vest along with standard issued sidearm? Along with teacher cutbacks? Or what about school books, and after school programs? What about extracirricular activities such as competitive sports? Who pays for all of this if cities are struggling to get out of debt yet, makes funding personalized security via armed teachers a priority?

More flimsey excuses, your priorities coninue to suck, and you've just added irrelevent bullshit.
My local school has an armed and uniformed LOE present although there has never been a shooting incident. Does your city or country not have any police officiers that could be assigned? I did not suggest or mention issued weapons vests or psychiatric care but since you mentioned it don't you think that the surviving teachers (if any) and students might need some psychiatic followup even though no friendly fire was involved? And
don't you think a teacher deal with psycidtric trama better than being dead?

Last edited:
Actually I'd have to say your excuses are flimsey and your priorites suck.Is there any higher priority than protecting the lives entrusted to their care? If so my children would be elsewhere and I suspect a school without students would have budget issues. Teaching accomplishes nothing if the student are too dead to graduate.
The budget for security should come before any thing else. Why not a qualified instructor who could train willing staff members and willing PTA vols. the needed instruction for carry licenses. He could also teach basic firarms safety classes to students.

This is a basic argument of sensationalizing something based on some sporadic events.

How often do school shootings happen in your area? What is the ratio of shootings per school, annually?

You say the protection of our children are important then ok, then how would you suggest balancing the budget of equipping every single teacher with bulletproof vest along with standard issued sidearm? Along with teacher cutbacks? Or what about school books, and after school programs? What about extracirricular activities such as competitive sports? Who pays for all of this if cities are struggling to get out of debt yet, makes funding personalized security via armed teachers a priority?

More flimsey excuses, your priorities coninue to suck, and you've just added irrelevent bullshit.
My local school has an armed and uniformed LOE present although there has never been a shooting incident. Does your city or country not have any police officiers that could be assigned? I did not suggest or mention issued weapons vests or psychiatric care but since you mentioned it don't you think that the surviving teachers (if any) and students might need some psychiatic followup even though no friendly fire was involved? And

You keep stating that my argument is irrelevant but it is quite relevant! In any decision regarding whether to arm teachers or any armed security personnel requires the discussion of budgeting! You cannot supply equipment if your budget cannot support it that is my point. Alas your argument reeks of sensationalizing the issue.

Yes arm the teachers!

Our children are in danger!

But none of you school shooting freaks cannot come up with a solution as to how you can incorporate what I've mentioned. Teachers do not go to school in college to prepare to put on bulletproof vests and sidearms. Teachers don't look over their shoulders like that nor should they have to, that is what the police are for! Come up with a better argument!

You keep stating that my argument is irrelevant but it is quite relevant! In any decision regarding whether to arm teachers or any armed security personnel requires the discussion of budgeting! You cannot supply equipment if your budget cannot support it that is my point. Alas your argument reeks of sensationalizing the issue.

Yes arm the teachers!

Our children are in danger!

But none of you school shooting freaks cannot come up with a solution as to how you can incorporate what I've mentioned. Teachers do not go to school in college to prepare to put on bulletproof vests and sidearms. Teachers don't look over their shoulders like that nor should they have to, that is what the police are for! Come up with a better argument!

Guess how much it costs in Utah.

You keep stating that my argument is irrelevant but it is quite relevant! In any decision regarding whether to arm teachers or any armed security personnel requires the discussion of budgeting!

Bullshit. You simply budget whatever is needed for security first. Keeping the children a school has been entrusted with alive should be a school's first priority. If it isn't it doesn't deserve to exist.
I have suggested ways to help protect at little or no cost to the schools and you have ignored them. You have also ignored the fact that the school at Sandy Hook failed in it's responibily to it's staff, students, and their relatives and you have yet to consider any viable plan except to leave them vulnerable to whatever nutcase comes along next. "It costs too much!" is not an acceptable answer and your attitude is pathetic.

You keep stating that my argument is irrelevant but it is quite relevant! In any decision regarding whether to arm teachers or any armed security personnel requires the discussion of budgeting!

Bullshit. You simply budget whatever is needed for security first. Keeping the children a school has been entrusted with alive should be a school's first priority. If it isn't it doesn't deserve to exist.
I have suggested ways to help protect at little or no cost to the schools and you have ignored them. You have also ignored the fact that the school at Sandy Hook failed in it's responibily to it's staff, students, and their relatives and you have yet to consider any viable plan except to leave them vulnerable to whatever nutcase comes along next. "It costs too much!" is not an acceptable answer and your attitude is pathetic.

What have you suggested? I forgot the memo.....I specifically stated that in school districts that have budget issues with little to no funding, it is nearly impossible to arm teachers especially with the appropriate credentials to lawfully and successfully arm them. I am not saying to not protect children, I am saying in order to protect our kids the type of security needs to be within the means of the school districts budget. Teachers shouldn't be armed, that is the job of police or armed security. Teachers primary duty is to teach kids.

The NRA, leading trainer of military and security forces in the USA, has volunteered to fund the training for security at schools. There are a number of people already qualified to serve as volunteers and others that would gladly stand between the kids and an armed intruder. The cost is only the time it takes to convince the school districts to do it. If it isn't in place when the kids get back to school in January then it may be too late for some kids.

What have you suggested? I forgot the memo.....I specifically stated that in school districts that have budget issues with little to no funding, it is nearly impossible to arm teachers especially with the appropriate credentials to lawfully and successfully arm them. I am not saying to not protect children, I am saying in order to protect our kids the type of security needs to be within the means of the school districts budget. Teachers shouldn't be armed, that is the job of police or armed security. Teachers primary duty is to teach kids.

You seem to think the school districts will be buying the guns and issuing them to the teachers, is there a reason you think this will be the way it works, or is this simply another example of your total inability to actually think before you post?

The NRA, leading trainer of military and security forces in the USA, has volunteered to fund the training for security at schools. There are a number of people already qualified to serve as volunteers and others that would gladly stand between the kids and an armed intruder. The cost is only the time it takes to convince the school districts to do it. If it isn't in place when the kids get back to school in January then it may be too late for some kids.

You say that as if facts actually matter to the gun grabbing whores.

You seem to think the school districts will be buying the guns and issuing them to the teachers, is there a reason you think this will be the way it works, or is this simply another example of your total inability to actually think before you post?

Well, just like concealed carry, the states buy the CCL holders their guns dont they? NOT.

lol, gun grabbers are such fucking stupid little bitches.

[

So what you are saying is, you just want to give up on getting guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them, instead, you want to just blow all the schools money on metal detectors, bullet proof vests, and armed security guards because, hey, that's more important.

How about just getting rid of the guns?

Forum List

Back