Electric Bills Soar Across the Country as Winter Looms

TheReaper

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2022

(The Wall Street Journal) U.S. utility customers, faced with some of their largest bills in years, are set to pay even more this winter as natural-gas prices continue to climb.

Natural-gas prices have more than doubled this year because of a global supply shortage made worse by the war in Ukraine, and they are expected to remain elevated for months as fuel is needed to light and heat homes during the winter. The supply crunch has made it substantially more expensive for utilities to purchase or produce power, and those costs are being passed on to customers.

From New Hampshire to Louisiana, customers’ electricity rates are increasing. The Energy Information Administration anticipates the residential price of electricity will average 14.8 cents per kilowatt-hour in 2022, up 7.5% from 2021. The agency forecasts record gas consumption this year amid surging prices, in part because power producers are limited in their ability to burn coal instead due to supply constraints and plant retirements.

Electricity prices have surged in many parts of the country alongside natural-gas prices as exporters ship record amounts of the fuel abroad because of supply shortages in Europe, which is working to slash its reliance on Russian supplies. Natural-gas producers, hamstrung by pipeline constraints and investors pushing for austerity, haven’t increased production enough to alleviate the pressure.

TheReaper says: More people will die this winter due to liberal energy policies. And it's by design.

The blind fools who voted for Biden have literally frozen people to death just because of their dumb hatred for Trump, hatred all based on fake news.
i wonder if all europeans are aware that this biden decision of 2021 would be the reason bad things may happen this winter if there is barley any oil in europe, what are they gonna do? cut down every tree in sight?

(The Wall Street Journal) U.S. utility customers, faced with some of their largest bills in years, are set to pay even more this winter as natural-gas prices continue to climb.

Natural-gas prices have more than doubled this year because of a global supply shortage made worse by the war in Ukraine, and they are expected to remain elevated for months as fuel is needed to light and heat homes during the winter. The supply crunch has made it substantially more expensive for utilities to purchase or produce power, and those costs are being passed on to customers.

From New Hampshire to Louisiana, customers’ electricity rates are increasing. The Energy Information Administration anticipates the residential price of electricity will average 14.8 cents per kilowatt-hour in 2022, up 7.5% from 2021. The agency forecasts record gas consumption this year amid surging prices, in part because power producers are limited in their ability to burn coal instead due to supply constraints and plant retirements.

Electricity prices have surged in many parts of the country alongside natural-gas prices as exporters ship record amounts of the fuel abroad because of supply shortages in Europe, which is working to slash its reliance on Russian supplies. Natural-gas producers, hamstrung by pipeline constraints and investors pushing for austerity, haven’t increased production enough to alleviate the pressure.

TheReaper says: More people will die this winter due to liberal energy policies. And it's by design.

NOW we know what Joe Biden meant when he talked about the "winter of sickness and death". He's been planning it all along...

i wonder if all europeans are aware that this biden decision of 2021 would be the reason bad things may happen this winter if there is barley any oil in europe, what are they gonna do? cut down every tree in sight?
That's what they are doing. When I build my house I'm going to heat with a woodstove myself. Got over 4 wooded acres I own.

1663707470638.png

Dumbass greenies want wind and solar but not the power lines to transport the electricity.

And you cannot run a grid off wind and solar anyway.

Forum List

Back