Elderly NJ Man Faces 10 Years For Possessing 250 Yr Old Antique Unloaded Flintlock Pistol

The fake quotes in your sigline were manufactured last year and you're still walking the streets... there's no justice.

I read that... Last time I went through New Jersey. I was on my Harley with 2 handguns and 6 long guns cased and wrapped and tied across the rear. There was about 1,000 rounds of 12 gauge, 20 gauge, .308, .357 and .44 ammo in the saddle bags.
I'd have gotten life.

• Banned
I read that... Last time I went through New Jersey. I was on my Harley with 2 handguns and 6 long guns cased and wrapped and tied across the rear. There was about 1,000 rounds of 12 gauge, 20 gauge, .308, .357 and .44 ammo in the saddle bags.
I'd have gotten life.
Damn Earnie, you definitely would have been deemed a terrorist. Glad you didn't get pulled over. On the other hand you had to have beefed up your shocks because of the weight.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

New Jersey needs to change its laws. The law says that all guns must have a ballistics test to see if the weapon has been used in a crime. If the absurdity of a flintlock used in a crime doesn't impress the authorities doing a ballistics test on a smooth bore should.

And this is bad because? A responsible gun owner will know whatever local laws effect them. No sympathy for those that don't.

This is totally preposterious. This pistol was manufactured 10 years before the Revolutionary War and might have been used in battle for our independence. How patriotic it would be to own such a piece of history.

NRA News More Jersey Injustice

Elderly Man Facing 10 Years Over Unloaded Flintlock Pistol Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind
How any freedom loving person could support the Governor of that state as a Presidential candidate is beyond me to comprehend, even if he wasn't a sweat-lipped, fat-ass, Springsteen groupie.

• Banned
And this is bad because? A responsible gun owner will know whatever local laws effect them. No sympathy for those that don't.
Can you imagine a state where no collectible antique guns can be had? What about for historical purposes? This gun is akin to having a old revolutionary war cannon. No difference. It's preposterious. The governor should be ashamed for signing such a bill.

The Gov. could write a pardon for this guy on a post-it note this afternoon if he cared about wrong and right and hand any balls.

I hope that the Smithsonian is ready to be arrested.

Ya like the laws governing a museum with weapons under lock and key are the same as for people.

Dumbass.
Is it an antique? Why, yes it is. Did he own it before the law went into effect? No idea.

However, collectible guns in the hands of private citizens or institutions are still collectible guns.

Learn to think stupid fuck.

This is the adult version of the kid who nibbled his pop tart into the shape of a gun and got suspended for bringing a gun to school.

I'd have gotten life.
Damn Earnie, you definitely would have been deemed a terrorist. Glad you didn't get pulled over. On the other hand you had to have beefed up your shocks because of the weight.
Air shocks in the touring class. They were my late father's weapons.

A bipartisan measure currently in the U.S. Senate would do away with the patchwork of state reciprocity laws and establish a uniform right to carry concealed firearms across all 50 states.

This bill, the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015, was introduced Thursday and would treat concealed carry permits like driver’s licenses, allowing current permit holders to carry in any other state that issues permits.

A bipartisan measure currently in the U.S. Senate would do away with the patchwork of state reciprocity laws and establish a uniform right to carry concealed firearms across all 50 states.

This bill, the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015, was introduced Thursday and would treat concealed carry permits like driver’s licenses, allowing current permit holders to carry in any other state that issues permits.
That would be great.

I think the requirements and characteristics of carry laws should be universal as well.
With an Alabama permit, I can drive my car with a loaded gun in my hand, on the seat or holstered. We do not have a requirement to inform police that we are armed if stopped for a MV offense, but it is a smart thing to do for your safety and the officer's peace of mind.
Got stopped a couple weeks ago by a young kid, couldn't have been more than 25. It was 3:30 AM and I was looking for something to eat. Was going to go to Pizza Hut on the left, but decided to hit Krystal on my right. I had half changed lanes before pulling right.... 3:30 AM... DWI, he figured even though I haven't had a drink in 27 years.

Anyway, He invites me out of my car for a field sobriety check when I realize I'm armed.
His reaction? Why don't you put it on the seat? I'm going to have you doing things and would hate for you to drop it.

Forum List

Back