Elderly Grandfather Paralyzed by Police Beating

57 is elderly for a grandfather? Oh yeah, ass is black.
You're reaching dude. I know a whole bunch of 60 year olds who will sweep the floor with most 30 year olds. 57 is far from "elderly". That being said, there are a whole bunch of cops out there who panic at the slightest thing. I too would love to see some footage of this incident.
Someone else said the same thing. The only one I know of is Aikido master I met from Japan a few years back. Those are exceptions. A 57 year old would get his ass waxed by someone between the ages of 18 and 40 any day of the week. There is a reason you dont see that many older fighters.

Untrue. Training is the key. If you take a untrained old guy vs a untrained young guy it all boils down to luck. If it's two trained guys, then the younger is going to have the advantage yes. But if it's a trained old guy, and a untrained young guy, the young guy is toast unless he gets lucky.
Old guys have less to lose.
There's an old saying: Never pick a fight with an old man. If he figures he can't take you, he'll just kill you.
Kill you with what? If its anything other than his fists then its not really a fight then.

Real fights involve whatever it involves. A knife. Gun. Fists. Bricks. Criminals will use anything they can get. An ink pen can kill a man in 30 seconds if you stab him in the right spot.
Those are fights with weapons. A real fight is one on one with just your fists and other body parts. An old man would lose 90% of the time from the jump.

Someone else said the same thing. The only one I know of is Aikido master I met from Japan a few years back. Those are exceptions. A 57 year old would get his ass waxed by someone between the ages of 18 and 40 any day of the week. There is a reason you dont see that many older fighters.

Untrue. Training is the key. If you take a untrained old guy vs a untrained young guy it all boils down to luck. If it's two trained guys, then the younger is going to have the advantage yes. But if it's a trained old guy, and a untrained young guy, the young guy is toast unless he gets lucky.
There's an old saying: Never pick a fight with an old man. If he figures he can't take you, he'll just kill you.
Kill you with what? If its anything other than his fists then its not really a fight then.

Real fights involve whatever it involves. A knife. Gun. Fists. Bricks. Criminals will use anything they can get. An ink pen can kill a man in 30 seconds if you stab him in the right spot.
Those are fights with weapons. A real fight is one on one with just your fists and other body parts. An old man would lose 90% of the time from the jump.

No...thats a sport fight. A REAL fight has no rules...and no guarantees.

And by the way...as a purple belt in Brazilian jiujitsu. .bare hands are deadly and plenty of 50 somethings would choke to death 90% of 18-40 year olds. Look up Rickson Gracie or Royce Gracie.

This is what happened when Quanell X,head of the New Black Panthers, Houston went through police scenarios with them-
A walk in their shoes Quanell X trains with local police

"At what point did you actually see the knife?" KHOU 11 News Reporter Alice Barr asked. Quanell answered, "To be honest with you, I never saw the knife. I never saw the knife, but I saw him come out of his pocket with something like this. If he would have pulled a lollypop out of his pocket, the same way he just did, I still would have used force to stop him and then somebody could have said well all he had was a lollipop, but you don't know when it's happening so fast like that."

Quanell says race never entered his mind, but he does admit this: "If I'm in a high-crime area that I've worked, and I know it's a high-crime area and I know the kind of calls we get, I could easily see me pulling my gun quicker, on a simple call, I hate to say it."

He'll walk away, calling for people to comply with police.

"Please brothers and sisters, if they tell you to do something, do it," said Quanell. "When the suspect started being combative or argumentative, I want to pull my gun."

He's shocked at how many shots he fired, something he so often questions in police shootings.

"I think I might have emptied my clip," said Quanell, and standing in a cop's shoes, Quanell wants them to have more backup.

"I think police shootings would go down if you had at least two cops assigned to every vehicle," said Quanell. "You're trying to see everything and guess everything at the same time."

After a lifetime of second-guessing police, Quanell now sees shades of gray in situations that once seemed purely black and white.

"How do you think you are going to change the way you approach the next situation like this?" Barr asked. "You gotta gather the facts," Quanell answered. "As an activist, we want to respond to the family's hurt and pain immediately, but we could possibly respond very incorrectly, if we don't take our time to gather some facts ma'am, because these situations, they go from zero to 100 in a split second."

And because of this...Quanell X is in my book a TRUE leader in the black community. Hes doing everything he can to make things better including going through police training. Hes trying to fully understand ALL of the issue.

Hes making the positive steps to healing tensions. Police chiefs should applaud him and attend his meetings to now hear his sides opinion...and keep healing.

I have to agree with you. Living here near Houston I have seen countless times where he protested what he perceived to be unjustifiable force applied by police. Glad he finally say the light.

And by the way...as a purple belt in Brazilian jiujitsu. .bare hands are deadly and plenty of 50 somethings would choke to death 90% of 18-40 year olds. Look up Rickson Gracie or Royce Gracie.
This isnt the movies. I'm familiar with the Gracie family and jiu jitsu. Gracie is not your normal elderly man. If you are old I can see why you are relating to him. Sorry but lets be real. You would last about a 20 seconds before you passed out from too much exertion.

This isnt the movies. I'm familiar with the Gracie family and jiu jitsu. Gracie is not your normal elderly man. If you are old I can see why you are relating to him. Sorry but lets be real. You would last about a 20 seconds before you passed out from too much exertion.

Me? Took 2nd place in advanced division in nogi and purple division in gi at last NAGA tournament. Google it.

And the Gracies are typical old men. Average size and strength. They just happened to be well trained to fight. Some other old men are too.

Me? Took 2nd place in advanced division in nogi and purple division in gi at last NAGA tournament. Google it.
Google what? You looked up a tournament and now you want me to look up one and believe you are a 57 year old that took second place? :laugh:

The Gracies are not typical old men. They train at a advanced level in a martial art they started

57 is elderly for a grandfather? Oh yeah, ass is black.
I know several 57 years old men that would beat the shit out of most guys under 30. So you're point is?
My point is that 57 is elderly. Any man between 18 and 30 that would let a 57 year old beat them up is a pussy generally speaking. Just because you got beat up by elderly men doesnt mean everyone has went through that.

You're reaching dude. I know a whole bunch of 60 year olds who will sweep the floor with most 30 year olds. 57 is far from "elderly". That being said, there are a whole bunch of cops out there who panic at the slightest thing. I too would love to see some footage of this incident.

That what I tell the young punks who try to take me on. Fuck with me and I'll kill ya!

Google what? You looked up a tournament and now you want me to look up one and believe you are a 57 year old that took second place? :laugh:

The Gracies are not typical old men. They train at a advanced level in a martial art they started

No im not 57. Im 42.

No im not 57. Im 42.
Why did you tell us that story if you are not elderly?

OP is pissy about this because a dark skinned man was injured in a confrontation with police.
If that man was white the racist retarded op wouldn't say a thing.
He looks pretty white to me. This is just to point out the fact that cops are out of control.
You are as blind as you are retarded moron.
I see very well. I've dated white women much darker than him.

Forum List

Back