Effective grocery dollar inflation:

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Big jump this week as fuel charges begin to filter through to the food chains. I never read the official rags because they almost always serve some political master. I do my own by watching of about two dozen common items. One of them is the chef Boyardee single can price which jumped a full 30 percent in just a few days. This is a good reference since it is a national brand. All in all I tallied up about a full 3% across the board since last Friday with no signs of let up.

Simple campaign message here:

You want to drive? Vote Trump. You want to run your AC? Vote Trump. You want to eat? Vote Trump.

Nuff said

Jo

Why are higher wages for the poor a bad thing for you? ... here's Free Market at it's best and you're complaining, like you prefer feudalism or something ... when there's labor shortages, employers have to pay higher wages to get what few workers are available ... that's inflationary ...

Yeah, I see how much my Happy Meal costs today ... I also noticed the shift manager is a 17-year-old girl ... far and away the oldest employee on-site ... because only 14-year-old girls who live at home can afford to work there ... better for me is an economy in steep decline, put adults back into these low wage jobs and get decent service ...

... but then I'm a self-admitted manorialist ... tax the middle class out of existence ...

Big jump this week as fuel charges begin to filter through to the food chains. I never read the official rags because they almost always serve some political master. I do my own by watching of about two dozen common items. One of them is the chef Boyardee single can price which jumped a full 30 percent in just a few days. This is a good reference since it is a national brand. All in all I tallied up about a full 3% across the board since last Friday with no signs of let up.

Simple campaign message here:

You want to drive? Vote Trump. You want to run your AC? Vote Trump. You want to eat? Vote Trump.

Nuff said

Jo

I am quite insulted by the application of inflation, it is FAR higher than the 6.8% they say in Canada. That is for a "basket of goods", it does not nearly reflect the reality. I would happily welcome a 7% price increase across the board, it's been far higher.

As a simple example, I would once in awhile buy a couple of cans of ravioli. It was usually at Dollarama so I would impulsively buy some once in awhile.

The price went from $1 during the pandemic, to $1.25 near the tail end, and it is now $1.50 per can I believe (it could still be 1.25 in most places, regardless). That is at least a 25% price increase, 50% in some places.

That is for processed food, REAL food went up just as well, in particular meat costs and eggs. Much more than a 7% increase.

Why are higher wages for the poor a bad thing for you? ... here's Free Market at it's best and you're complaining, like you prefer feudalism or something ... when there's labor shortages, employers have to pay higher wages to get what few workers are available ... that's inflationary ...

Yeah, I see how much my Happy Meal costs today ... I also noticed the shift manager is a 17-year-old girl ... far and away the oldest employee on-site ... because only 14-year-old girls who live at home can afford to work there ... better for me is an economy in steep decline, put adults back into these low wage jobs and get decent service ...

... but then I'm a self-admitted manorialist ... tax the middle class out of existence ...
The fact you think this inflation is a product of actual free markets is laughable.
This is the result of govt manipulation & purposeful choke points all the way.
Joe, the DC Uniparty traitors & the NWO reset are behind this all.
It's clear as day if you take off the progressive glasses

Well if that's what it truly panned out to be I would be fine with it but unfortunately the wage component has historically been a small fraction of the general cost of operation. Right now there are too many dollars chasing hydrocarbons and that is by design. All Petroleum products are high because that's where the government wants them...HIGH....soooo it affects all other things. On top of that there may actually be some underlying and intrinsic money rotting of the currency itself....hard to say....have to wait and see what the fed does because this is something they usually respond to by raising interest rates to stop the bleeding of value from the currency unit itself.

JO

The fact you think this inflation is a product of actual free markets is laughable.
This is the result of govt manipulation & purposeful choke points all the way.
Joe, the DC Uniparty traitors & the NWO reset are behind this all.
It's clear as day if you take off the progressive glasses
What I am afraid of is that this activity may actually have a deleterious effect on the actual value of the Dollar unit itself....if that starts to happen god help all of us...we will be rolling wheelbarrows of paper bills down to the market. " A days wages for a loaf of bread " ...... four horseman anyone?

What I am afraid of is that this activity may actually have a deleterious effect on the actual value of the Dollar unit itself....if that starts to happen god help all of us...we will be rolling wheelbarrows of paper bills down to the market. " A days wages for a loaf of bread " ...... four horseman anyone?
You're talking about Weimar Republic type of hyper inflation & it is coming for the dollar as well.
They have flat out stated America has to be brought down for their reset to work.
The dollar has lost the petro dollar status now that the Saudis have agreed to accept Chinese yen & Russia is demanding payments in rubles.
The reserve currency status is next on the chopping block & then it will be time to pay the piper. It turns out many countries aren't fond of our financial manipulations & penchant for economic warfare.
The only thing propping up our fiat dollar now is faith in the US govt & economy. Diaper guy has changed that thinking completely

Forum List

Back