Education vs. Manners

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
This past week, I was at an arcade, and, people were in line waiting to cash in their coupons (I was sitting at a table near the arcade/ticket area) - anyway, a mother was there making her child do the math as well as pick out the toys he was going to get.... meanwhile, people are standing behind her waiting on their turn.

I think it's great she is making her kid do the math and teaching him, but, at the same time, she is teaching him to be a rude, selfish bastard by making everyone behind her wait.

Agree or disagree?

disagree you are in an arcade....hardly a place where people are in a hurry now is it.....

why is it rude and selfish to take the time needed to do your exchange....rude and selfish is the fucking lady with 4 kids and 4 loaded carts going thru the 20 items or less and pretending she did not understand fucking english....

In spite of being quite impatient in retail outlets I'll make allowances for small children who are being taught how to apply basic arithmetic in the real world. Lazy teenagers and old people struggling to control small change, however, will get both barrels.

dont be hating on the old people and change..grumpy does that shit....10 bucks and change...you get my debit or folding bills......grumpy has a damn coin purse thing in his wallet and will get the damn change....he always drives slow in the fast lane .....

The problem isn't the woman but the counter person who could work around that situation and take other tickets while he was waiting on her son to decide.

The problem isn't the woman but the counter person who could work around that situation and take other tickets while he was waiting on her son to decide.

good point having worked with face painters...you learn quickly kids minds are like shifting sands...and you have to go with their pitiful flow,,,
and i have a lot of patience for wee ones and old people....not so much for trump or mccory supporters....

This past week, I was at an arcade, and, people were in line waiting to cash in their coupons (I was sitting at a table near the arcade/ticket area) - anyway, a mother was there making her child do the math as well as pick out the toys he was going to get.... meanwhile, people are standing behind her waiting on their turn.

I think it's great she is making her kid do the math and teaching him, but, at the same time, she is teaching him to be a rude, selfish bastard by making everyone behind her wait.

Agree or disagree?

"At an arcade"? How old are you?

good point having worked with face painters...you learn quickly kids minds are like shifting sands...and you have to go with their pitiful flow,,,
and i have a lot of patience for wee ones and old people....not so much for trump or mccory supporters....

This kind of issue comes up in restaurants when the servers really need to turn tables because of the huge wait line and people are malingering. Some people can do it well, some refuse to do it themselves causing the managers to have to step in, and some are rude as hell about it.

ooooo having too many friends in food services...i know the mistakes not to make....one place here has a sign saying no laptops during rush periods...so people wont linger

Agree or disagree?
Neither rude nor selfish. The person behind the counter should have taken the next person while the child counts and decides. I have done that with my boy several times and suggested the next person go ahead.

disagree you are in an arcade....hardly a place where people are in a hurry now is it.....

why is it rude and selfish to take the time needed to do your exchange....rude and selfish is the fucking lady with 4 kids and 4 loaded carts going thru the 20 items or less and pretending she did not understand fucking english....
Amen about those who go to the 20 items or less line with a cart load in front of them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, people with kids at the arcades shouldn't be in a line to get what they want from behind the counter until they know what they are wanting to get from behind the counter.

Amen about those who go to the 20 items or less line with a cart load in front of them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, people with kids at the arcades shouldn't be in a line to get what they want from behind the counter until they know what they are wanting to get from behind the counter.

A cashier told me once that they are not allowed to refuse to check out people who come through the express line with carts of groceries because as soon as it is a black person or an EBT person or a black person with an EBT card, complaints will be made about discrimination and how they let whites/people with debit cards break the rules and there will be threats of lawsuits and boycotts and all that.

I agree but the math lesson can wait for another time. Taking time to pick out things is OK, but making him do the subtraction and him struggling with it... no.... get some flash cards and go sit somewhere and do that NOT in an arcade. OR go to an empty convenience store....

I agree but the math lesson can wait for another time. Taking time to pick out things is OK, but making him do the subtraction and him struggling with it... no.... get some flash cards and go sit somewhere and do that NOT in an arcade. OR go to an empty convenience store....

OR as an adult YOU grow up and stop hanging around arcades.

OR as an adult YOU grow up and stop hanging around arcades.

I was in a hotel that had a bar area and an arcade right next to it. The place where they did the tickets and prizes was right by the bar.... we were sitting there as I saw this woman having her son do math in his head (for 10 minutes) while people waited. Picking out prizes is one thing, making him do the math of what was left after each choice was rude.

Oh my goodness! What an ordeal! Did you have to wait in line for the bouncy house too?

Oh my goodness! What an ordeal! Did you have to wait in line for the bouncy house too?

I was not waiting, others were! I was just sitting at the bar waiting on some french fries!
The woman was incredibly rude making her slow son do math lessons while OTHERS were waiting.
Math can be taught other places less crowded. You are a jerk! :) (I mean that in the nicest way possible!)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

A cashier told me once that they are not allowed to refuse to check out people who come through the express line with carts of groceries because as soon as it is a black person or an EBT person or a black person with an EBT card, complaints will be made about discrimination and how they let whites/people with debit cards break the rules and there will be threats of lawsuits and boycotts and all that.
I believe it, what you say here about cashiers not being allowed to refuse to check people out because I have been in the situation before. I only had one thing to pay for at the store one day and when a cashier called to me that she could ring my item up for me, a lady with a cart load rudely got in front of me with no hesitation. If my memory serves me right, the cashier that I ended up going to saw what happened because they told me that they were sorry that such a thing was done to me. The one who flagged me down I think called out to me that they were sorry too. I can't remember. This all happened to me years ago, but yeah. That lady with the cart load knew every well what she was guilty of, no matter how many times she would have denied it had she been called out on it.

God bless you and both cashiers always!!!

Holly

P.S. Delsym cough medicine was all that I had in my hand to pay for and every person in the picture was white if that matters.

Last edited:

Agree or disagree?

"At an arcade"? How old are you?

Oh, and, FYI, you're never too old for Skee-Ball!

Forum List

Back