Ebola Outbreak - Brooklyn teen hospitalized with symptoms of deadly virus after trip to Sudan

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
There is now a news report coming out about a 14 yr old boy from Brooklyn who has been taken to hospital with "Ebola-like" symptoms. I hope this turns out to be a false alarm. This is definitely not good news for Brooklyn, NY. It appears he became sick after returning from a trip to Sudan.

Ebola Outbreak Brooklyn Teen Hospitalized With Symptoms Of Deadly Virus After Trip To Sudan

A 14-year-old Brooklyn boy was rushed to a hospital with Ebola-like symptoms Friday night, New York Daily News reported, citing officials. The 2014 [URL='http://www.ibtimes.com/ebola-death-toll-tops-4000-seven-countries-affected-1703049']Ebola outbreak has claimed 4, 033 lives out of 8, 399 documented cases in West Africa, while a U.S. Ebola patient died at a hospital in Dallas on Wednesday

The teenager with high fever was brought to Brookdale Hospital after he fell unconscious, officials told the Daily News. The teenager reportedly fell ill during his two-week trip to the Sudan in North Africa. The boy was quarantined by the hospital staff and doctors were testing him to determine whether he had Ebola. Health officials were also reportedly determining if the teen’s relatives should be quarantined, sources told the Daily News.

“They’re not letting anyone come near him,” a law enforcement source told the paper.

[/URL]

Last edited:
I cannot imagine how his parents and family must be taking this news. We need to be praying for this boy and his family and loved ones! This is really serious!

It is everywhere....in Dallas ....... I posted a possible case in Boston, and now Brooklyn!

Not good.

10304498_368483609943347_321219945636225506_n.jpg

What do you guys and gals make of this one? I do not know what to think. If it is the Black Plague that certainly is not good news. Here's the story but the jury is out on this one!
Ebola Prevention Found in Black Plague History - CNN iReport
It was the 14th century in Europe, and the Black Plague, commonly accepted as the Bubonic Plague, had claimed the lives of tens of millions of people. Life was lived in fear; fear that even the slightest contact with an infected person or corpse would lead to one’s own certain demise. You dared not even venture out of your home unless absolutely necessary. In the streets, open sewage, rats, and dead bodies were common sights. Rats and fleas were thought to be the source of the plague.

Edited to comply with Copyright rules. Please, Do NOT post entire articles. Include only small sections.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is everywhere....in Dallas ....... I posted a possible case in Boston, and now Brooklyn!

Not good.

What is concerning is they do not know exactly when he came back or who he came into contact with according to the news report - they are still in the process of trying to determine that.

Forum List

Back