Earth currently experiencing a sixth mass extinction, according to "scientists"

In space eh?

This is a thread that climate change denialists should have left alone.
Try that again; but focus on clarity.

However, since you seem to have a few misconceptions, I’ll deign to try to explain a couple of things to you.

When I made reference to “space,” I heavily qualified it. Try harder to follow along.

Also,, you libs persist in misusing the phrase “climate change deniers” or “climate change denialists.” Your ignorance is showing.

One can be skeptical of claims about AGW yet still recognize that our climate changes. Climate and climates always change. They have never been static. Indeed, the very fact that they have never been static constitutes one big reason to be skeptical of the “A” in “AGW.”

It did mention that....it might be a little later?

The 3 billion to 8 billion people part also stressed the point, and how sustaining this population is causing the extinctions in all kinds of different ways.
I'll see but I thought I went far enough in the video that if over fishing was as a cause for dwindling salmon populations, it would have been mentioned by then.

Try that again; but focus on clarity.

However, since you seem to have a few misconceptions, I’ll deign to try to explain a couple of things to you.

When I made reference to “space,” I heavily qualified it. Try harder to follow along.
I must have missed the heavy qualifiers but I'll take your word for it.

I'll see but I thought I went far enough in the video that if over fishing was as a cause for dwindling salmon populations, it would have been mentioned by then.
To me, it did. Just the population growth alone, explains the over fishing and shortage, deductive reasoning is that we are fishing more, to feed more...along with some other shitty things we've done....here in Maine, it was not very thought out, dams.....

There’s no sign of the fabled “Sixth Wave Of Extinctions”.

red-list-extinct-species.jpg

All of this is in prophesy.... Not the population increase part but the animal, bird and fish kill off....

Hosea 4:3
AMP
Therefore the land [continually] mourns, And everyone who lives in it languishes [in tragic suffering] Together with the animals of the open country and the birds of the heavens; Even the fish of the sea disappear.

To me, it did. Just the population growth alone, explains the over fishing and shortage, deductive reasoning is that we are fishing more, to feed more...along with some other shitty things we've done....here in Maine, it was not very thought out, dams.....

It isn't the only cause there was a change in the water temperature in the Gulf of Alaska and Pacific Northwest region over the last few centuries.

I'm still watching the video but the first claim about salmon populations dwindling because they have been crowded out of rivers because of habitat destruction, warming and pollution seems intentionally misleading because no mention was made of over fishing which would seem to me to be the leading cause.
And you would be wrong. But keep guessing.

This mention of extinction has picked the scab off of the religious, in that the compromise by the Catholic church on accepting Darwinian evolution was healing over, with explanations of the bibles not being taken literally.

I would say some species are benefiting and thriving even with human development. In central, MN and areas around the suburbs of the Twin Cities Coyotes, deer, Turkey, Geese populations have exploded with even the occasional Bear or Cougar sightings.
Predatory birds, like Eagles,Hawks and Falcons have exploded since the ban of DDT.

Personally I see nothing to worry about. Except morons passing invasive species within our many lakes by not cleaning their boats.

Not when they mentioned the causes of dwindling Salmon populations. Feel free to go back and watch it.

When it comes to water temperature North Atlantic Salmon are pretty adaptive.

Water temperatures between 4˚ and 12˚C are preferred by the salmon. The lethal limit for a salmon habitat is -.7˚C on the low end and 27.8˚C on the high end.

1674672480710.png

If we were experiencing a mass extinction event we would know it because some giant asteroid hit Earth or massive volcanic eruptions were occurring. A plague could also do it.

The way to their breeding grounds in higher elevations are blocked by hydroelectric dams.
That's a fair one. Which wasn't mentioned as a reason in the 60 minutes segment in the OP.

So over fishing and rivers blocked by damns would be logical reasons for a dwindling population. Warming and pollution are not.

One can be skeptical of claims about AGW yet still recognize that our climate changes. Climate and climates always change. They have never been static. Indeed, the very fact that they have never been static constitutes one big reason to be skeptical of the “A” in “AGW.”
That was very well articulated.

If CAtholic Christian women held true to their faith, they would reject their church's acceptance of Darwinian evolution and also keep their ankles hidden.

Both sins are equivalent as to what was demanded of the Catholic church in the 19th. century.

Forum List

Back