Durable US recovery at hand

why do you pretend there are no facts when there clearly are?

If Ford’s prediction is on the mark, industrywide vehicle purchases would rise by about 2 million this year from 12.7 million in 2011

It's a prediction, an opinion. It's not a fact.

there move was based on what they predict will happne in the economy.

They arrived at that prediction by using all the stated facts the article contains.

Those are facts.

Almost three years after it began, the U.S. recovery may strengthen as autos and housing begin to reemerge as mainstays of growth.
Or maybe not. An opinion.

Ian Shepherdson at High Frequency Economics Ltd. is betting the comeback from the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression will be rooted in a thawing of lending, an area that usually lags behind.
This is a fairly easy bet considering the interest rates are being held artificially low. Which means a credit expansion and "cheap money". But it's still a bet, not a fact.

Household spending led by durable goods like automobiles, as well as gains in homebuilding, may account for more than half of the first-quarter advance in gross domestic product, according to Carson
Or maybe not. This is his opinion and prediction.

Those two areas contributed 1.7 percentage points to the 3 percent gain in gross domestic product at an annual rate in the fourth quarter and probably made a similar contribution in the past three months, he said.
Probably. Or perhaps probably not. Another opinion.

The world’s largest economy grew at a 2.5 percent pace from January through March, according to the median estimate of economists surveyed by Bloomberg News before the Commerce Department’s report on April 27. Carson projects the gain will be 3.5 percent. Consumer spending rose at a 2.3 percent rate, the best performance in more than a year, the Bloomberg survey showed.
Another projection. This is an opinion, not a fact. He's attempting to predict future growth. And you call that fact?

Ford this month raised its 2012 forecast for total U.S. vehicle sales to as much as 15 million. If Ford’s prediction is on the mark, industrywide vehicle purchases would rise by about 2 million this year from 12.7 million in 2011, according to Carson
Forcasts are predicitions. Ever seen a weatherman forcast the weather wrong? I have, more often than not.

While unseasonably mild temperatures probably boosted demand, “there is no way that that entire increase is a weather effect,” said Shepherdson. “Some of the rebound is real and sustainable.”
I'm sure some of it has to do with a lot of things. A fact this does not make however.

why are you insanely pretending there are not facts stated in that article?

Because you are a right wing dupe with no morals

Household spending led by durable goods like automobiles, as well as gains in homebuilding, may account for more than half of the first-quarter advance in gross domestic product, according to Carson. Those two areas contributed 1.7 percentage points to the 3 percent gain in gross domestic product at an annual rate in the fourth quarter and probably made a similar contribution in the past three months, he said.

That marks a shift from the period following the recession. Exports and business investment accounted for about 70 percent of the 2.4 percent growth seen in the first nine quarters of the recovery, compared with a historical contribution of about 20 percent in rebounds spanning the past five decades, according to Carson, who worked as an economist at the Commerce Department

Durable U.S. Recovery at Hand as Growth Drivers Shift: Economy - Bloomberg

are those facts?

Such an increase has occurred only three times in the past 40 years, and in each of those cases -- 1971, 1976 and 1984 -- an economic recovery was taking hold Durable U.S. Recovery at Hand as Growth Drivers Shift: Economy - Bloomberg

Ford this month raised its 2012 forecast for total U.S. vehicle sales to as much as 15 million. If Ford’s prediction is on the mark, industrywide vehicle purchases would rise by about 2 million this year from 12.7 million in 2011, according to Carson. Such an increase has occurred only three times in the past 40 years, and in each of those cases -- 1971, 1976 and 1984 -- an economic recovery was taking hold, he said.

It has not yet come to be. Note: IF Ford's PREDICTION is on the mark. It's a prediction, not a fact. It has not happened yet. "If Ford's prediction is on the mark, industry wide vehicle purchases would rise by about 2M this year from 12.7M in 2011." IF that happens, THEN an economic recovery is taking hold. We have to wait and see if it happens.

Get it?

Last edited:
why do you pretend he did not state facts to back his prediction?

This is why your party is dying.

You will bold face lie about anything and dont care if this country recovers

Are you addressing me? If so, quote me so I know. TIA.

I am not pretending anything, you are.

Ford is predicting sales will increase. A prediction is not a fact, a prediction is not something that has happened but rather something they believe (hope?) will happen. IF that happens at the rate Ford predicts THEN it can be said that an economic recovery is under way. It hasn't happened yet.

"Such an increase has only happened 3 times in the past 40 years, etc."

IT HASN'T HAPPENED YET WITH FORD, therefore you can not claim that this is proof.

Get it?

why are you people refusing to accept the facts this is based on?

If Ford’s prediction is on the mark, industrywide vehicle purchases would rise by about 2 million this year from 12.7 million in 2011

It's a prediction, an opinion. It's not a fact.

there move was based on what they predict will happne in the economy.

They arrived at that prediction by using all the stated facts the article contains.

Those are facts.

those are opinions...... not facts.

Are you addressing me? If so, quote me so I know. TIA.

I am not pretending anything, you are.

Ford is predicting sales will increase. A prediction is not a fact, a prediction is not something that has happened but rather something they believe (hope?) will happen. IF that happens at the rate Ford predicts THEN it can be said that an economic recovery is under way. It hasn't happened yet.

"Such an increase has only happened 3 times in the past 40 years, etc."

IT HASN'T HAPPENED YET WITH FORD, therefore you can not claim that this is proof.

Get it?

she is an idiot.

Forum List

Back