Duh!!! Why does the MSM use the term "Spike" regarding COVID cases.... why not state the reason?

Where are hospitalizations up? EVERY single one of the 6,000+ hospitals with over 900,000 beds are overwhelmed? ALL of them?? All of them spiking!!!
I already showed you the national data (actually it was provided by another poster you ignored). I did not say that it's spiking everywhere, but taken as a whole, the number of hospitalizations is considerably up.

You're arguing against a strawman.
"Strawman"???? Do you know what that term really means? As usual people that are uninformed like you use wrong terms and at the wrong time.
A straw man (sometimes written as strawman) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the proper idea of argument under discussion was not addressed or properly refuted.
And I didn't SAY you were using the term "spiking".
I said the MSM uses that term to agitate their readers/listeners.
I was pointing out the FALLACY of their statement "spiking" when the more logical and rational newscast provides a rationale for a "spike", i.e.
there are more tests done then there were.
You haven’t done anything to demonstrate that the spike in cases is attributable solely to an increase in testing. Although that mah be part of the rise, it’s absolutely not the only reason and given the considerable rise in hospitalizations it’s almost certainly a small factor.
And I never said more testing was the "sole" or only reason. I also wouldn't be so presumptuous to say "considerable rise". Where do you get
that figure? What is your source?
Again FACTS... There are
in 2011 approximately 6,146 registered hospitals existed in the U.S., housing 924,107 hospital beds.
Again Facts how many hospitalized in the USA? See below 27,968 severe or hospitalized out of 924,107 beds is 3%!!!
FACTS... not guesses like you did! Coronavirus Update (Live): 78,302,349 Cases and 1,722,276 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer
View attachment 432425
What shortage???
View attachment 432421
If your concern about how the media is covering the spike isn't based on belief that it is solely due to more testing, then your criticism is irrelevant.
1608740572274.png

Yes they started with the dexamethason---and then moved to the plasma (after my husband finally agreed to try it.) The corticosteriod did little on its own....they started the plasma last night after my husband finally relented and signed the release forms for it. He said that he feels better this morning. He's one of those guys that needs a wife to force him to do medical treatments but they won't allow me in...so he is left on his own which is to put off medical treatments as much as possible.

I would hope that all of the hospital centers eventually get most of the available treatments. The disease for him kinda lingered and slowly built up--where he felt a little off but not really sick. Then all of the sudden it picked up pace and moved shockingly quick over the weekend.

Yes they started with the dexamethason---and then moved to the plasma (after my husband finally agreed to try it.) The corticosteriod did little on its own....they started the plasma last night after my husband finally relented and signed the release forms for it. He said that he feels better this morning. He's one of those guys that needs a wife to force him to do medical treatments but they won't allow me in...so he is left on his own which is to put off medical treatments as much as possible.

I would hope that all of the hospital centers eventually get most of the available treatments. The disease for him kinda lingered and slowly built up--where he felt a little off but not really sick. Then all of the sudden it picked up pace and moved shockingly quick over the weekend.

Just a detail, but you talk about the "disease", and you should understand dexamethason, the plasma, and corticosteriods have nothing at all to do with any virus. Those are immuno suppressants to stop the inflammation from an over active immune response. The "disease" did not linger or build up. The immune system over reaction did.
Why is the distinction important? Because the immune system over responnse can also be triggered by the vaccine. I do not recommend he get vaccinated. And in fact he will already be immune from recovery any way.

Where are hospitalizations up? EVERY single one of the 6,000+ hospitals with over 900,000 beds are overwhelmed? ALL of them?? All of them spiking!!!
I already showed you the national data (actually it was provided by another poster you ignored). I did not say that it's spiking everywhere, but taken as a whole, the number of hospitalizations is considerably up.

You're arguing against a strawman.
"Strawman"???? Do you know what that term really means? As usual people that are uninformed like you use wrong terms and at the wrong time.
A straw man (sometimes written as strawman) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the proper idea of argument under discussion was not addressed or properly refuted.
And I didn't SAY you were using the term "spiking".
I said the MSM uses that term to agitate their readers/listeners.
I was pointing out the FALLACY of their statement "spiking" when the more logical and rational newscast provides a rationale for a "spike", i.e.
there are more tests done then there were.
You haven’t done anything to demonstrate that the spike in cases is attributable solely to an increase in testing. Although that mah be part of the rise, it’s absolutely not the only reason and given the considerable rise in hospitalizations it’s almost certainly a small factor.
And I never said more testing was the "sole" or only reason. I also wouldn't be so presumptuous to say "considerable rise". Where do you get
that figure? What is your source?
Again FACTS... There are
in 2011 approximately 6,146 registered hospitals existed in the U.S., housing 924,107 hospital beds.
Again Facts how many hospitalized in the USA? See below 27,968 severe or hospitalized out of 924,107 beds is 3%!!!
FACTS... not guesses like you did! Coronavirus Update (Live): 78,302,349 Cases and 1,722,276 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer
View attachment 432425
What shortage???
View attachment 432421
If your concern about how the media is covering the spike isn't based on belief that it is solely due to more testing, then your criticism is irrelevant.
View attachment 432623

Your graphs DO indicate that the current spike is not real, and is instead based on far greater testing.
The one on the left show almost no testing being done in August, and the one on the right shows that deaths were about as great in August as they are now.
Do you have another interpretation of these graphs?

Your graphs DO indicate that the current spike is not real, and is instead based on far greater testing.
The one on the left show almost no testing being done in August, and the one on the right shows that deaths were about as great in August as they are now.
Do you have another interpretation of these graphs?

Not really sure you're reading it right. The graphs show in August that they were doing 800,000 to 900,000 tests per day and our deaths per day are 2-3x less than they are now. Maybe you're misreading this for April?

I'd say our most recent low point was October 1st. You see we had 30,000 current hospitalized COVID patients and around 750 deaths per day. In October, anyone who was being hospitalized had a COVID test done (actually this was going on well before then). The point being that if hospitalizations are going up (nearly four fold increase), that's indicative of a true increase in the number of sick people with COVID and is indicative of a true rise in case load throughout the country.

When people say that cases are going up because we are testing more, well yes. We test more when more people are getting sick too, so a lot of the time you're putting the cart before the horse. That being said, testing very broadly may pick up asymptomatic cases or cases who would not otherwise seek medical attention. That's true, which is why I'm not relying on the total new cases per day number to make my argument. More testing will not uncover more cases in the hospital since we were universally testing all people in the hospital regardless.

Perpetuation of the hoax despite factual and actual experiences with it will not sway the cottage industry of feelings lockdown panic.

Just a detail, but you talk about the "disease", and you should understand dexamethason, the plasma, and corticosteriods have nothing at all to do with any virus. Those are immuno suppressants to stop the inflammation from an over active immune response. The "disease" did not linger or build up. The immune system over reaction did.
Why is the distinction important? Because the immune system over responnse can also be triggered by the vaccine. I do not recommend he get vaccinated. And in fact he will already be immune from recovery any way.
the vaccines scare us more than the disease to be honest anyways.

thank-you, I will let him know.

Forum List

Back