Ducks - stupidest thread ever, enter at your own risk

One word to stop the drama...

Shotgun.

Just sayin' :eusa_whistle:

Got that angle covered ;)

The saying " sly like a fox" came from those fkers. They wait you out but scare off for good if you're on top of them.

So funny story. I have pellets in my bb gun its a pump whatever piece of s. There's a new hawk that is teaching her teens to fly across here and and she has no fear. You cant kill them its against the law so I hit them in the butt with that. Anyhow, she's been hanging out and not doing anything but making them run for cover. I'm leaving a couple days ago and she's sitting on the fence where they hang out I'm like F! I drove thru the yard around the back run in the screenroom get the bb. "Sneak" up watch the pellet go ten feet and fall on the ground.

She doesnt move. I walk up she doesn't move I get 8 feet from her. Hit her in the chest. She looks at her chest and sits there. I throw the gun at her miss her by a couple feet. She flies off. I beat the hell out of the gun on the fence post get back om the truck and leave. (there's swear words at the hawk randomly thrown in here).

Last two days she sits on the fence just outside of the pool enclosure where the pastures start looking at me.

Lololol

Freaking gigantic taunting hawk.

Can't shoot the hawk, huh? OK, two words...

Air Horn.

Blast one of those suckers every time you see it. Not only will it startle the bird, it will also run off the prey animals it's looking for.

:thup: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome idea!!

I had to bump the stupid thread to say...

Guess what?

I have 2, count them, 2 damn roosters.

Last night I thought there was an owl attacking the chickens in the holly tree.

Nope. It's a late blooming rooster trying to figure out how to cockadoodle at 4 am.

Rooster soup anyone?

Owls ( and all raptors) don't attack near what people think they do. I know I'll get a lot of noise about this but fact is, they have hollow bones and don't weigh near what you think they do.

Owls don't take your cats but they will kill and take a kitten.

Raptors eat rodents.

OTOH, the Great horned owl is known as the tiger of the sky because they're fearless. That doesn't mean they'll kill or take a cat that is armed with teeth and claws. They can, however, kill cats or mortally wound them with their talons, in an attack. I have plenty of scars from years of working with wildlife and raptors were my specialty.

After you build that predator-proof chicken house, keep your cats inside and enjoy the owls in your trees. Doesn't get better than that.

One word to stop the drama...

Shotgun.

Just sayin' :eusa_whistle:

Got that angle covered ;)

The saying " sly like a fox" came from those fkers. They wait you out but scare off for good if you're on top of them.

So funny story. I have pellets in my bb gun its a pump whatever piece of s. There's a new hawk that is teaching her teens to fly across here and and she has no fear. You cant kill them its against the law so I hit them in the butt with that. Anyhow, she's been hanging out and not doing anything but making them run for cover. I'm leaving a couple days ago and she's sitting on the fence where they hang out I'm like F! I drove thru the yard around the back run in the screenroom get the bb. "Sneak" up watch the pellet go ten feet and fall on the ground.

She doesnt move. I walk up she doesn't move I get 8 feet from her. Hit her in the chest. She looks at her chest and sits there. I throw the gun at her miss her by a couple feet. She flies off. I beat the hell out of the gun on the fence post get back om the truck and leave. (there's swear words at the hawk randomly thrown in here).

Last two days she sits on the fence just outside of the pool enclosure where the pastures start looking at me.

Lololol

Freaking gigantic taunting hawk.

Can't shoot the hawk, huh? OK, two words...

Air Horn.

Blast one of those suckers every time you see it. Not only will it startle the bird, it will also run off the prey animals it's looking for.

Just like scarecrows, fake owls, fake snakes, hanging shiny things in the trees or whatever the spooky thing du Jour is, the raptors will quickly learn that the noise doesn't actually DO anything and they'll ignore it.

Check out the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and the Lacey Act - its also against the law to harass them or shoot them with bird shot, pellets and bb's.

They work for you. Use that to your advantage.

Bumping the stupid thread for...

How many times in my life do I have to yell "get off the duck" to the rooster?

This is like "a job worth doing is worth doing well" to my kid.

I've grown up to be the broken record I said I'd never be.

you need to get that thing neutered!

I don't know how to neuter a rooster!!
Left for a few days, thought he'd get over his infatuation.

BBQ at my house next week?

I don't know how to neuter a rooster!!
Left for a few days, thought he'd get over his infatuation.

BBQ at my house next week?

:thup:

Tell him he is going to end up in the ball thread!

:rofl: :rofl:

Showing him recipes hasn't worked.

The ball thread is sure to slow him down.

I'm thinking about it but I'd have to do something with his shotgunned little carcass.

Ew.

See the dilemma.

I'm half cocked. I could do that part but then I'd start yelling for someone to do something with the fuzzy fox body.

I'm screwed six ways from Sunday on this fox and duck thing.

Skin him and leave the carcass for scavengers

no shotgun---.243 in the head
A snare is better. Won't mess up the fur and they can be made easy and cheap.

frabz-Lokks-like-you-lose-And-the-rooster-wins-4000e6.jpg

I think I'm not getting rid of my rooster that was supposed to be a pullet.

He's kind of cool, other than the 4 am thing and the duck...

Well, I'm sure she'll figure that out at some point.

Forum List

Back