Ducks - stupidest thread ever, enter at your own risk

i got 3 eggs today outta 8 ducks.....i keep reading them duck recipes but they dont seem to get it

:lmao:

That's over their "in" and "out" vocabulary limit. If mine is laying - which she should be - she's playing hide the egg with me.

The chickens are obvious, they do their I'm so proud I laid an egg squawking thing for 15 minutes when their done. Either that or it's the wow that hurt squawk and I've been misinterpreting them all this time.

I'm thinking about it but I'd have to do something with his shotgunned little carcass.

Ew.

See the dilemma.

I'm half cocked. I could do that part but then I'd start yelling for someone to do something with the fuzzy fox body.

I'm screwed six ways from Sunday on this fox and duck thing.

Just dig a hole and bury it.

I'm thinking about it but I'd have to do something with his shotgunned little carcass.

Ew.

See the dilemma.

I'm half cocked. I could do that part but then I'd start yelling for someone to do something with the fuzzy fox body.

I'm a tough girl but I have limits - that dead fox thing is one of them.

Ew.

See the dilemma.

I'm a tough girl but I have limits - that dead fox thing is one of them.

If you lived near me, I 'd be glad to come over and solve it. Minneapolis.

I had to bump the stupid thread to say...

Guess what?

I have 2, count them, 2 damn roosters.

Last night I thought there was an owl attacking the chickens in the holly tree.

Nope. It's a late blooming rooster trying to figure out how to cockadoodle at 4 am.

Rooster soup anyone?

My sister has 2 roosters, several hens, 2 ducks (peking), and lots of little chicks and ducklings running around. The ducks act like guard dogs and let her know if anyone or anything enters the yard. They also like to chase the roosters around.

My sister has 2 roosters, several hens, 2 ducks (peking), and lots of little chicks and ducklings running around. The ducks act like guard dogs and let her know if anyone or anything enters the yard. They also like to chase the roosters around.

The rooster that was supposed to be a she won't get off my duck. He has species confusion and I'm going to end up with a mutant cross breed. I dont know the story is with this new one, he just figured out what he is.

They're fun but the poultry drama gets out of hand sometimes... errr bill and beak sometimes.

Build your freaking birds a tight coop. And put them in it at night.

Problem solved.

If you make your egg layers and other poultry sleep outside, they're going to get decimated. That's the way it works.

If you're going to have them, protect them...and you protect them by providing them with a coop that you shut up at night. Otherwise, you're just raising them to feed the wildlife.

The rooster that was supposed to be a she won't get off my duck. He has species confusion and I'm going to end up with a mutant cross breed. I dont know the story is with this new one, he just figured out what he is.

They're fun but the poultry drama gets out of hand sometimes... errr bill and beak sometimes.

Stay out of bird's bedrooms.......:eusa_whistle:

One word to stop the drama...

Shotgun.

Just sayin' :eusa_whistle:

If you make your egg layers and other poultry sleep outside, they're going to get decimated. That's the way it works.

If you're going to have them, protect them...and you protect them by providing them with a coop that you shut up at night. Otheawwrwise, you're just raising them to feed the wildlife.

They do. Its a day fox.

He's gone now my hounddog is healed up from surgery.

If you're going to have them, protect them...and you protect them by providing them with a coop that you shut up at night. Otherwise, you're just raising them to feed the wildlife.

Ahm gonna hafta go lay down after this but I agree w-w-w-w-with kg. jeeezus effing krist, what is the world coming to?

I'll add this - if you can't outwit the wildlife, you need to go live in town, preferably in a highrise with windows that don't open.

You don't go running around killing the wildlife just because they're smarter than you. If you can't outsmart the fox, you're truly stupid.

Foxes, along with other wildlife, work FOR you much more than they work against you. They eat the vermin you cannot kill, no matter how hard to try. Rodents. Keep killing your natural predators and you'll be up to your ball-less shorts in them.

I just read this out loud and got this suggestion to pass on to the fox shooter idiot: hang the dead fox on the fence along with a sign that reads, "I'm a complete asshole".

Rat in the hat, put your shotgun away. That's not the answer.

Animals are not stupid or dumb. They don't write sonnets but neither do you. They're as smart as they need to be about the things they need to be smart about.

Recently, I heard a yahoo fool say that animals that got hit on the roads were stupid. In fact, there is no learning curve for roadkill. Its not as though they get to go home and teach the kiddies not to cross the road.

IOW, they live in their world and have no knowledge of ours.

Shotgun.

Got that angle covered ;)

The saying " sly like a fox" came from those fkers. They wait you out but scare off for good if you're on top of them.

So funny story. I have pellets in my bb gun its a pump whatever piece of s. There's a new hawk that is teaching her teens to fly across here and and she has no fear. You cant kill them its against the law so I hit them in the butt with that. Anyhow, she's been hanging out and not doing anything but making them run for cover. I'm leaving a couple days ago and she's sitting on the fence where they hang out I'm like F! I drove thru the yard around the back run in the screenroom get the bb. "Sneak" up watch the pellet go ten feet and fall on the ground.

She doesnt move. I walk up she doesn't move I get 8 feet from her. Hit her in the chest. She looks at her chest and sits there. I throw the gun at her miss her by a couple feet. She flies off. I beat the hell out of the gun on the fence post get back om the truck and leave. (there's swear words at the hawk randomly thrown in here).

Last two days she sits on the fence just outside of the pool enclosure where the pastures start looking at me.

Lololol

Freaking gigantic taunting hawk.

Last edited:

Shotgun.

Got that angle covered ;)

The saying " sly like a fox" came from those fkers. They wait you out but scare off for good if you're on top of them.

So funny story. I have pellets in my bb gun its a pump whatever piece of s. There's a new hawk that is teaching her teens to fly across here and and she has no fear. You cant kill them its against the law so I hit them in the butt with that. Anyhow, she's been hanging out and not doing anything but making them run for cover. I'm leaving a couple days ago and she's sitting on the fence where they hang out I'm like F! I drove thru the yard around the back run in the screenroom get the bb. "Sneak" up watch the pellet go ten feet and fall on the ground.

She doesnt move. I walk up she doesn't move I get 8 feet from her. Hit her in the chest. She looks at her chest and sits there. I throw the gun at her miss her by a couple feet. She flies off. I beat the hell out of the gun on the fence post get back om the truck and leave. (there's swear words at the hawk randomly thrown in here).

Last two days she sits on the fence just outside of the pool enclosure where the pastures start looking at me.

Lololol

Freaking gigantic taunting hawk.

Can't shoot the hawk, huh? OK, two words...

Air Horn.

Blast one of those suckers every time you see it. Not only will it startle the bird, it will also run off the prey animals it's looking for.

I lived on-on the Intracoastal for several years - same thing. Nature is part of your every day life.

Forum List

Back