'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks

ROBERTSON FAMILY STATEMENT ON Duck commander website at 7pm

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E’s decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right. We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

How very noble of them. They are good people.

I learned a couple of things moments ago that set this whole DD crap on it's ear.

First is that the next season has already been shot and will air in a week or two, Phil Robertson of course will still be on it. Secondly, they won't start filming the season after that for another 4-5 months.

Here's what's going to happen. A&E will "suspend" Mr. Robertson for 4-5 months and then claim that he's learned his lesson or some shit and he'll be back in time to film the new season.

Don't doubt me.

For that matter, it wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing were nothing but a publicity stunt. I find it hard to believe that the company would create this show to highlight the crazy things this guy says, then "suspend" him for saying something crazy.

I learned a couple of things moments ago that set this whole DD crap on it's ear.

First is that the next season has already been shot and will air in a week or two, Phil Robertson of course will still be on it. Secondly, they won't start filming the season after that for another 4-5 months.

Here's what's going to happen. A&E will "suspend" Mr. Robertson for 4-5 months and then claim that he's learned his lesson or some shit and he'll be back in time to film the new season.

Don't doubt me.

For that matter, it wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing were nothing but a publicity stunt. I find it hard to believe that the company would create this show to highlight the crazy things this guy says, then "suspend" him for saying something crazy.

No they just had a GLAAD fag on the Kelly File, you wouldn't believe they way he tried to contort what Phil said. He twisted and spun everything and with any luck someone will give him a punch in the nose for it, I hate liars.

Don't doubt me.

You are wrong. Only the first few episodes of the next season have been shot. I have heard only two episodes are in the can. Phil would be in those but not others.

Second. The Robertson family has already issued a statement that they will not continue without the patriarch. They are in negotiations to end the series.

Either the network has to back away from their pro gay position or the series will end at least on that network.

But he doesn't hold those views anymore. That's the point pinhead.

Did that have to be explained? Remember, Reagan thought Social Security was beginning of the end of this country. Yet he ended up supporting it.

The difference is we all knew Obama was lying (again) when he said at the time he thought marriag, e was between a man and a woman. He always supported gay marriage, he just couldnt say it at the time because he didnt want to piss off his other base, religious blacks. They wouldn't have voted for someone else, but they may have stayed home, and that would have been a problem.

You all knew Obama was lying? Just somehow "knew"?

:lmao:

Because in 1996 he was for same sex marriage. He's just a lying son of a bitch on everything.

Obama was in favor of same-sex marriage before he was against it — and before he was for it again.

In 1996, as he ran for Illinois state Senate, Chicago’s Outlines gay newspaper asked candidates to fill out a questionnaire. Tracy Baim, the co-founder and publisher of Outlines, dug up a copy of the questionnaire in 2009, cataloging the president-elect’s shift.

He had written on the 1996 questionnaire, "I favor legalizing same-sex marriages, and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages."

President Barack Obama's shifting stance on gay marriage | PolitiFact

UPDATE: 12:30 p.m. -- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) joined Jindal and Palin in defending Robertson, writing on his Facebook page Thursday:

If you believe in free speech or religious liberty, you should be deeply dismayed over the treatment of Phil Robertson. Phil expressed his personal views and his own religious faith; for that, he was suspended from his job. In a free society, anyone is free to disagree with him--but the mainstream media should not behave as the thought police censoring the views with which they disagree.

Bobby Jindal Defends 'Duck Dynasty' Star Who Compared Homosexuality To Bestiality

Quote:
UPDATE: 12:30 p.m. -- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) joined Jindal and Palin in defending Robertson, writing on his Facebook page Thursday:

If you believe in free speech or religious liberty, you should be deeply dismayed over the treatment of Phil Robertson. Phil expressed his personal views and his own religious faith; for that, he was suspended from his job. In a free society, anyone is free to disagree with him--but the mainstream media should not behave as the thought police censoring the views with which they disagree.
Bobby Jindal Defends 'Duck Dynasty' Star Who Compared Homosexuality To Bestiality

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk2&pLid=421844

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E’s decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right. We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

Thanks for the update.

A&E will lose in this self-inflicted, self righteous appeasement of 2% of the population. A stupid move...A really stupid move!

The star had every right to voice his opinion on Christianity, what the Bible says and that is exactly what he did. When we cannot have the freedom to voice our love for Christianity, we are in trouble. Perhaps all of the family should voice their opinions and let's see where A&E stands after they fire all of the cast.

There are gays who profess they are Christians as well and will not stop watching the show unless there is a movement to do so. A&E should watch where they hang their hat. I don't even watch the show, but find it was wrong to suspend or fire the star for his words.

The family can go someplace else easier than A&E finding such a hit again.
I'm sure TBN would take them if they donated money to tbn.

That's not the way it works. They have something the public wants to watch. They GET PAID for it! DD is not an infomercial! They have no trouble selling duck calls without the TV show. Sane networks will be outbidding each other for the right to broadcast Duck Dynasty.

Forum List

Back