'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks

Hmmm. I hope Phil does NOT go back unless A&E words it to where THEY eat the rotten crow...not the Robertsons.

I learned a couple of things moments ago that set this whole DD crap on it's ear.

First is that the next season has already been shot and will air in a week or two, Phil Robertson of course will still be on it. Secondly, they won't start filming the season after that for another 4-5 months.

Here's what's going to happen. A&E will "suspend" Mr. Robertson for 4-5 months and then claim that he's learned his lesson or some shit and he'll be back in time to film the new season.

Don't doubt me.

I hope they find a new network. A&E is run by a bunch of pussies.

The conservative outrage here is hilarious. Remember their reaction to the Dixie Chicks criticizing Bush 10 years ago?
My issue with them was never about what they had to say concerning former president Bush. What turned me even more off from them was the attitude that they displayed afterwards. To me, they acted as if no one else had the right to put their two cents out there like they did.

God bless you and former president Bush always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. To me, their two cents about him only made them look like a bunch of hypocrites when they didn't hesitate to sing "Good Bye Earl" four years earlier, a song about retaliation which was the very thing that made them ashamed that former president Bush is from the state that they are from. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stop desperately trying to change the subject.

You condemned Prejean for her views on gay marriage. You gave Obama, who held the exact same views, a free pass.

If it weren't for double standards, you'd have no standards at all.

But he doesn't hold those views anymore. That's the point pinhead.

Did that have to be explained? Remember, Reagan thought Social Security was beginning of the end of this country. Yet he ended up supporting it.

The difference is we all knew Obama was lying (again) when he said at the time he thought marriag, e was between a man and a woman. He always supported gay marriage, he just couldnt say it at the time because he didnt want to piss off his other base, religious blacks. They wouldn't have voted for someone else, but they may have stayed home, and that would have been a problem.

You all knew Obama was lying? Just somehow "knew"?

Here's a Liberal who can see the truth.....very rare.

"I speak with authority here because I was openly gay before the 'Stonewall Rebellion,' when it cost you something to be so," she said. "And I personally feel as a libertarian that people have the right to free thought and free speech. In a democratic country, people have the right to be homophobic as they have the right to support homosexuality -- as I 100 percent do. If people are basing their views against gays on the Bible, again they have a right to religious freedom there … to express yourself in a magazine in an interview -– this is the level of punitive PC, utterly fascist, utterly Stalinist, OK, that my liberal colleagues in the Democratic party and on college campuses have supported and promoted over the last several decades. It's the whole legacy of the free speech 1960's that have been lost by my own party."

http://www.breitbart.com/Breit...nist-PC-Culture

"The only difference between today's Democrats and the totalitarian regimes of pre-WWII Europe is mass murder. And if you count the Amrican Left's gleeful support of Abortion, the distinction gets even blurrier".

I learned a couple of things moments ago that set this whole DD crap on it's ear.

First is that the next season has already been shot and will air in a week or two, Phil Robertson of course will still be on it. Secondly, they won't start filming the season after that for another 4-5 months.

Here's what's going to happen. A&E will "suspend" Mr. Robertson for 4-5 months and then claim that he's learned his lesson or some shit and he'll be back in time to film the new season.

Don't doubt me.

See, no constitutional question. A&E will be able to kiss up to everyone.

Good business practice.

This is a glimpse of how broadcasting works. Go after an individual to appear progressive. Then load us up on Duck Dynasty reruns and marathons all weekend to capitalize on the "unfortunate" event. Hypocrisy and greed aren't that hard to understand.
Their pretend values are showing.

This is a glimpse of how broadcasting works. Go after an individual to appear progressive. Then load us up on Duck Dynasty reruns and marathons all weekend to capitalize on the "unfortunate" event. Hypocrisy and greed aren't really that complicated as far as understanding. Their pretend values are showing.
false!

ROBERTSON FAMILY STATEMENT ON Duck commander website at 7pm

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E’s decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right. We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

How very noble of them. They are good people.

Forum List

Back