Drone Delivers Package to Residential Area for First Time

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
A drone has successfully delivered a package to a residential location in a small Nevada town in what its maker and the governor of the state said Friday was the first fully autonomous urban drone delivery in the U.S.

Flirtey CEO Matt Sweeney said the six-rotor drone flew about a half-mile along a pre-programmed delivery route on March 10 and lowered the package outside a vacant residence in an uninhabited area of Hawthorne, southeast of Reno.
The route was established using GPS. A pilot and visual observers were on standby during the flight but weren't needed, Sweeney said.

He said the package included bottled water, food and a first-aid kit.

Drone Delivers Package to Residential Area for First Time

I wonder how long it took for that half mile.

I hope they put a stop to this. The sky is going to be full of those things and someone will get hurt or killed when one smacks into a car.

It's getting ridiculous I think.

Technology should be done with some rational, but it seems these days that the techno borders have been thrown wide open to anything and everything anymore. Some new tech is great, but the entertainment of every geek who wants to try something on we or this nation as if we're like a bunch of guinea pigs is just ridiculous anymore, not to forget to mention that it gets way to costly in many cases that end in failure. Usually ends up in us paying the bill somehow indirectly, while it gets swept under the rug until the next ridiculous notion is unveiled.

The biggest thing people are losing these days is their freedoms and privacy in it all, and that is traggic.

Some things should just remain as hobbies, and leave we the people alone.

Last edited:
The biggest thing people are losing these days is their freedoms and privacy in it all, and that is traggic.
That's a good point. Here's what else they can do, government can use them to snoop around your property and re-access the value to tax you more. They've done it for years here with helos taking photos and people have been dinged for sheds and pools.

Didn't the court recently rule that folks have the right to blow these things out of the sky? That'd make for some interesting "drop offs" of packages heh

That's a good point. Here's what else they can do, government can use them to snoop around your property and re-access the value to tax you more. They've done it for years here with helos taking photos and people have been dinged for sheds and pools.
That's what it leads to sadly... The government has a bad sweet tooth for our money anymore, and it has become a government that we can no longer afford. It takes advantage of every tech idea that rolls off of the brain to get us with these days. If we had a government we could afford and trust it wouldn't be so bad, but we don't have that.

Real estate agents have been using them for quite awhile.
Some rational applications are OK, and have been approved of I guess, but was it really nessesary to go beyond or expand it to the unthinkable in which our government will probably use against us before it's all said and done ?

Some rational applications are OK, and have been approved of I guess, but was it really nessesary to go beyond or expand it to the unthinkable in which our government will probably use against us before it's all said and done ?

Am I supposed to trust a business more?

I remember when society was debating the government use of drones. That was when I found out that real estate companies were already using them. I asked then and raise that question again. My government is clearly for sale and corporations are clearly for profit.

I don't think they've been flying out to the property though. Big difference.

Yep, and actually they were doing it before they changed the rules.
FAA Allows First Real Estate Company To Use Drones For Aerial Photography
Where does it say they fly to the site?
Here is more information.
FAA says Realtors who fly drones to shoot listing photos are not hobbyists | Inman

FAA says Realtors who fly drones to shoot listing photos are not hobbyists | Inman
How about posting some fucking content to back up your claim instead of expecting me to do your work? You just throw link after link out there to waste my time.

I remember when society was debating the government use of drones. That was when I found out that real estate companies were already using them. I asked then and raise that question again. My government is clearly for sale and corporations are clearly for profit.
You can fly a drone in your yard. There's no problem there, why should the government stop it and why shouldn't companies make the products? You aren't making sense.

How about posting some fucking content to back up your claim instead of expecting me to do your work? You just throw link after link out there to waste my time.

Because reading is hard? Real estate companies had been using aerial photography to survey and sell property prior to the change in law in 2012. Further, they had attempted to circumvent the regulations as hobbyists and would often operate under the 400 feet myth. There is a link in the text to a series of cease and desist letters. Furthermore, there is a video taken by a company utilizing a drone.

Be responsible for your own learning.

Forum List

Back