Droctors Dropping Insurance

Talked with three Doctors I know during the day today. All are in the process of dropping all insurances and are moving to a cash only basis. They indicated many others are planning the same move.

Me and my doctor already did that. I get a nice 50% discount because I pay cash the day he provides his services.

Works very nicely for both of us. It's also the way it USED TO BE DONE many many years ago. Before Big Insurance and Big Hosptial became the way of the world.

Yes it is the way it used to be done.

And back then Doctors were the LOWEST PAID PROFESSION in America.

Without HC insurance, and/or government HC insurance, MDs and the HC establishment would be pretty damned poor.

You mean back when Doctors got into their profession to help people and not just for the money?

this legislation's ink isn't dry....and doesn't begin till 2014 ringel?? your docs are having trouble with the insurance companies NOW, are they not? they are making these changes NOW are they not?

so how could they POSSIBLY be making such a decision based on this bill that does not come in to effect for 4 years and they have not even read it yet or had their accountants and lawyers read it yet???

I think they are having some sort of problems now, in the present....ya know?

can you explain to us why the democrats are willing to let 180 thousand people die before they start getting benefits?? aren't they very disgusting shameful people to sit around and let 180 thousand people die for lack of insurance.

Compromises had to be made. Too many dems in congress have partially turned Republican.

Do I detect a little partisan hackery on your part? Tell me it isn't so!

I was discussing this healthcare reform with one of my MD's last week. He believes the passing of this bill is a huge mistake and will hurt the middle-class Americans the hardest. And in no way does he think that premiums will go down, nor the deficit for that matter.

I haven't heard Obama talk much about the number of doctors they need to hire, or any incentives for people to go to med school, seeing that 30,000+ new patients will be added. But we certainly have heard about the 16,000 new IRS agents that will be hired to track us down, should we choose not to buy Obamacare.

A growing government and a shrinking private sector.
Take for example the government taking over student loans. Eventually the government will put all private lenders out of business, so that the American people will only have the government to turn to for a school loan. What then would stop the government from deciding who should go to school and who shouldn't?

Talked with three Doctors I know during the day today. All are in the process of dropping all insurances and are moving to a cash only basis. They indicated many others are planning the same move.

Sounds like with the new law, cash only won't be an option, since everyone will have insurance.

But, I'd do it myself, if I lived in a place where people actually had cash. Insurance companies are a bitch to deal with.

Oh yeah... you're a doctor alright, and you have ten hours a day available to spend blogging away on an internet message board. Almost 15,000 posts in a very short period. You must only have three patients that you see once a month aye?

You're no more a doctor than I am an astronaut. Drop the charade.

You can believe what you want.

It doesn't matter to me, since you are meaningless.

Sounds like with the new law, cash only won't be an option, since everyone will have insurance.

But, I'd do it myself, if I lived in a place where people actually had cash. Insurance companies are a bitch to deal with.

Oh yeah... you're a doctor alright, and you have ten hours a day available to spend blogging away on an internet message board. Almost 15,000 posts in a very short period. You must only have three patients that you see once a month aye?

You're no more a doctor than I am an astronaut. Drop the charade.

You can believe what you want.

It doesn't matter to me, since you are meaningless.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigt..... DOC.....
laughing-019.gif

A good friend of mine is a pharmacist at Walgreen's in Miami, FL. On Monday she turned in her 2 week notice & is quitting the pharmacy business at age 45. She said the pressure & volume has been increasing over the last few years because Miami is nothing but Medicare patients. She bought a home & store front in Tampa, FL & is now moving there to open a jewelry, diamonds, gold, silver & coin shop. She has had it with the government. I guess the pharmacy lines will get a little longer in Miami.

Last edited:

This is great! The cost for cash service is much lower than when the doctor has to run everything through the health care and government bureaucracies.

A good friend of mine is a pharmacist at Walgreen's in Miami, FL. On Monday she turned in her 2 week notice & is quitting the pharmacy business at age 45. She said the pressure & volume has been increasing over the last few years because Miami is nothing but Medicare patients. She bought a home & store front in Tampa, FL & is now moving there to open a jewelry, diamonds, gold, silver & coin shop. She has had it with the government. I guess the pharmacy lines will get a little longer in Miami.

So... this person is quitting because business is booming?

Now I've heard everything.

Actually, the situation is more work, less pay.

The pharmacist is probably finding that there is more and more business, and subsequently more and more paperwork, with longer delays in payment, and lower payment because she is "contracted".

Imagine if in your job, you were required to fill out paperwork and obtain prior authorization for every Extra Meal Deal that you sell, and in the end, only be reimbursed 50% of your charge for said Meal Deal?

You might get fed up with it and decide go back to garbage collection.

It is called stress retard.:cuckoo: More rules, work, & BS for same or less pay. They can't even vacation without worry because the work just backs up until they return. I have another friend she is 48 & works in a rest home. She was hospitalized 3 months ago for arrhythmic heart attack brought on by stress. The EKG showed clear arteries. She had to be shocked back into rhythm. She always complains about the Medicare paperwork backlog & the extra hours she spends on her own time filling out the forms. I give her about 1 or 2 more years before she hangs it up. She is even liked Carter & is pro Obama. She even went to Obama inauguration.

Talk about timing, a friend of mine at one of the regional hospitals just told me that one of the Interventional radiologists we know is calling it quits and retiring from medicine, and moving to Santa Fe NM where his wife is from. I really hate hearing this, and hope it's not going to get worse. Another one, in the same hospital, moved to Santa Fe a few years back, way BEFORE the ObamaCare issue, and was involved in the making of the movie Swing Blade. What a coincidence.

This is going to suck big time........

Last edited:

It is called stress retard.:cuckoo: More rules, work, & BS for same or less pay. They can't even vacation without worry because the work just backs up until they return. I have another friend she is 48 & works in a rest home. She was hospitalized 3 months ago for arrhythmic heart attack brought on by stress. The EKG showed clear arteries. She had to be shocked back into rhythm. She always complains about the Medicare paperwork backlog & the extra hours she spends on her own time filling out the forms. I give her about 1 or 2 more years before she hangs it up. She is even liked Carter & is pro Obama. She even went to Obama inauguration.

Umm this is caused my increasing efficiency. More output with less workers.
Root cause is increasing profit margin.
Now if they will just take advantage of Obama's SB tax breaks for hiring new employees....

Last edited:
FP0916_3090915.png.cms

45% Of Doctors Would Consider Quitting If Congress Passes Health Care Overhaul
Two of every three practicing physicians oppose the medical overhaul plan under consideration in Washington, and hundreds of thousands would think about shutting down their practices or retiring early if it were adopted, a new IBD/TIPP Poll has found.

The poll contradicts the claims of not only the White House, but also doctors' own lobby — the powerful American Medical Association — both of which suggest the medical profession is behind the proposed overhaul.

It also calls into question whether an overhaul is even doable; 72% of the doctors polled disagree with the administration's claim that the government can cover 47 million more people with better-quality care at lower cost.

45%, said they "would consider leaving their practice or taking an early retirement" if Congress passes the plan the Democratic majority and White House have in mind.

71% answered "no" when asked if they believed "the government can cover 47 million more people and that it will cost less money and the quality of care will be better."

Democrats have yet to explain how, even with the current number of physicians and nurses, they can cover more people and lower the cost at the same time. The only way, the critics contend, is by rationing care — giving it to some and denying it to others. That cuts against another claim by plan supporters — that care would be better.

great. I say Obama should make government health insurance give out cash vouchers...like they do with schools.

Forum List

Back