Driving Home Guy Gets Shot Dead By Park Ranger...

Bundy resisted. He didn't get killed.
I imagine many knuckleheads get away with it every year

I remember an old white woman a few years ago who refused to sign a speeding ticket that ended with her face down on the concrete in handcuffs

acting stupid often produces unpredictable results

You don't actually have to sign the ticket. The officer knows that and should have immediately been terminated.

Yes you do have to sign it or you can be arrested. It's not a admission of guilt. It just says you'll pay the ticket or appear in court.

You don't actually have to sign the ticket.
Wrong

signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt but merely a promise to appear

and it is mandatory

A traffic citation is still valid whether or not the police officer has you sign it. Signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt, but just acknowledges that you know you have a gotten a ticket and promise to appear in court. If you refuse to sign it, it will just agitate the officer and the judge when you contest it.

11 Traffic Ticket Myths Debunked | Freeway Insurance.
I should have mentioned the traffic stop happened in Texas

who knows how its done in the Peoples Republics of CHOP?

The law is clear. The law says if somebody does not sign a ticket or promise to appear in court, they shall be taken before a magistrate which means arrested and taken to jail,” Shulte said. “If they don't sign it, there's no proof that they accepted or promised to appear in court. So it could limit the ability for the judge to issue a warrant for the defendant’s arrest."

Wrong

and it is mandatory

A traffic citation is still valid whether or not the police officer has you sign it. Signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt, but just acknowledges that you know you have a gotten a ticket and promise to appear in court. If you refuse to sign it, it will just agitate the officer and the judge when you contest it.

An LEO has the freedom to detain/arrest you for it if you refuse, though.

Yeah, that is murder.
It does not look like murder to me

in every case, whether the citizen is black or white, the incident becomes deadly after they decide to resist the cops instead of cooperating

What's your point?

This dude was daring the cop to shoot him and even told him to draw his service weapon.

What the fuck?
In 99.99% of the cases the citizen is acting stupid when he gets shot

Yeah, that is murder.
It does not look like murder to me

in every case, whether the citizen is black or white, the incident becomes deadly after they decide to resist the cops instead of cooperating

What's your point?

This dude was daring the cop to shoot him and even told him to draw his service weapon.

What the fuck?

Yes he was mocking him for his over reaction to a speeding ticket. That attitude is going to end.

Wrong

and it is mandatory

An LEO has the freedom to detain/arrest you for it if you refuse, though.

Obviously they believe that they can arrest you for anything. It would be dismissed because it's not illegal.

I’ve been stopped by the cops more than a couple of times over the years. I’ve never had an issue because I have respect for what they’re doing.

This vid of Chris Rock explaining how to act during a traffic stop has merit.....

Yes he was mocking him for his over reaction to a speeding ticket. That attitude is going to end.
Which attitude? The mocking or the overraction?

The police officer has the right to make an arrest for a traffic violation. They don't have to issue a citation. They can slap the cuffs on right there.

The attitude that needs to change is the one where people think the cop is the judge, and the cop must sit there and risk his/her own life when people start fighting with them.

Which attitude? The mocking or the overraction?

The police officer has the right to make an arrest for a traffic violation. They don't have to issue a citation. They can slap the cuffs on right there.

The attitude that needs to change is the one where people think the cop is the judge, and the cop must sit there and risk his/her own life when people start fighting with them.
Wrong. The attitude that needs to change is the one where some people think they can treat others like shit with impunity.

The unanswered question is indeed why did he make him get out of the car when he was only pulled over for speeding on a dirt road?
You fucking MORON!
LEO are trained to 'secure the scene'. The LEO ordered the asshole who was speeding, to get out of the car. The LEO did not know if the dead asshole had any weapons/drugs in the car. The dead asshole refused to comply with the LEO's orders and then attacked the LEO and tried to take the LEO's handgun away.
Why did the dead asshole take a "detour" into the park to "meet with someone"?
So they could read bible scriptures together?
This as usual STINKS.

...Then cuffs him when he's dead.

"A ranger at Carlsbad Caverns National Park tased and then fatally shot a man during a New Mexico traffic stop and then handcuffed his lifeless body."

"The ranger stopped the 25-year-old Lorentz for speeding on a dirt road near the park’s Rattlesnake Springs area, and Mitchell’s lapel video shows him ordering Lorentz to spread his feet and move closer to a railing."

“That’s when I shot him with a Taser, it did nothing,” Mitchell tells an Eddy County sheriff’s deputy later, which was also caught on video. “I went dry stun, he hit me somewhere right here on the side of my head. The fight was on, he grabbed me around the neck, he tried to push my head into the push bar, and I came up and fired one round. I don’t know if I got him or not, but I definitely got him on the second one and he crumpled.”

"Three minutes after the shooting, Mitchell put handcuffs on Lorentz’s motionless body and declared him “under arrest,” and eight minutes after the shooting removes the first aid kit from his vehicle — but doesn’t actually render aid until 12 minutes after the shooting"

The guy resisted arrest and the officer clearly shot him in self defense. The main question is, why render aid at all if the guy was already dead?
The LEO was not 100% certain the maggot meat thug was dead. That's why.

...Then cuffs him when he's dead.

"A ranger at Carlsbad Caverns National Park tased and then fatally shot a man during a New Mexico traffic stop and then handcuffed his lifeless body."

"The ranger stopped the 25-year-old Lorentz for speeding on a dirt road near the park’s Rattlesnake Springs area, and Mitchell’s lapel video shows him ordering Lorentz to spread his feet and move closer to a railing."

“That’s when I shot him with a Taser, it did nothing,” Mitchell tells an Eddy County sheriff’s deputy later, which was also caught on video. “I went dry stun, he hit me somewhere right here on the side of my head. The fight was on, he grabbed me around the neck, he tried to push my head into the push bar, and I came up and fired one round. I don’t know if I got him or not, but I definitely got him on the second one and he crumpled.”

"Three minutes after the shooting, Mitchell put handcuffs on Lorentz’s motionless body and declared him “under arrest,” and eight minutes after the shooting removes the first aid kit from his vehicle — but doesn’t actually render aid until 12 minutes after the shooting"

Good.

The unanswered question is indeed why did he make him get out of the car when he was only pulled over for speeding on a dirt road?
You fucking MORON!
LEO are trained to 'secure the scene'. The LEO ordered the asshole who was speeding, to get out of the car. The LEO did not know if the dead asshole had any weapons/drugs in the car. The dead asshole refused to comply with the LEO's orders and then attacked the LEO and tried to take the LEO's handgun away.
This as usual STINKS.

Missing 26 seconds. That's destroying evidence. Someone is going to prison.

You fucking MORON!
This as usual STINKS.

"Shannon Kennedy, an attorney representing Lorentz’s family, said they intend to sue the U.S. Interior Department and the National Park Service."

The missing 26 seconds is a problem for that ranger.

"KOB-TV in Albuquerque reported Tuesday that video from the March shooting has 26 seconds missing, leaving local prosecutors unsure whether to rule the use of force was justified."

You fucking MORON!
This as usual STINKS.

"Shannon Kennedy, an attorney representing Lorentz’s family, said they intend to sue the U.S. Interior Department and the National Park Service."

The missing 26 seconds is a problem for that ranger.

"KOB-TV in Albuquerque reported Tuesday that video from the March shooting has 26 seconds missing, leaving local prosecutors unsure whether to rule the use of force was justified."

A few years ago no one would have questioned it.

I’ve been stopped by the cops more than a couple of times over the years. I’ve never had an issue because I have respect for what they’re doing.

This vid of Chris Rock explaining how to act during a traffic stop has merit.....

I always wonder if you all who bring out this video ever heard of sarcasm.

Yeah this is not a George Floyd scenario.
Clearly.
The cop had an injury on the side of his head that corresponds with the story that after he pulled out the taser gun the guy lunged at him, tackeled him and tried to bang his head against the railing. At which point the officer withdrew his gun and fired.
The coroner will easily be able to verify his account.

I don't see the issue at all. They guy was clearly being uncooperative. The cop used is taser to no avail. He then went to do a direct stun and the guy started fighting back. The cop escalated the situation to the level of force required to compel the perpetrator to stop.

If the family mourns their son, perhaps they should've taught him to better respect authority...

New Topics

Forum List

Back