Driving Home Guy Gets Shot Dead By Park Ranger...

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
...Then cuffs him when he's dead.

"A ranger at Carlsbad Caverns National Park tased and then fatally shot a man during a New Mexico traffic stop and then handcuffed his lifeless body."

"The ranger stopped the 25-year-old Lorentz for speeding on a dirt road near the park’s Rattlesnake Springs area, and Mitchell’s lapel video shows him ordering Lorentz to spread his feet and move closer to a railing."

“That’s when I shot him with a Taser, it did nothing,” Mitchell tells an Eddy County sheriff’s deputy later, which was also caught on video. “I went dry stun, he hit me somewhere right here on the side of my head. The fight was on, he grabbed me around the neck, he tried to push my head into the push bar, and I came up and fired one round. I don’t know if I got him or not, but I definitely got him on the second one and he crumpled.”

"Three minutes after the shooting, Mitchell put handcuffs on Lorentz’s motionless body and declared him “under arrest,” and eight minutes after the shooting removes the first aid kit from his vehicle — but doesn’t actually render aid until 12 minutes after the shooting"

His actions after the shooting cast suspicion on his account. Was there video?

The unanswered question is indeed why did he make him get out of the car when he was only pulled over for speeding on a dirt road?

His actions after the shooting cast suspicion on his account. Was there video?
Check out the video and story from Albuquerque news

Yeah, that is murder.

Bundy resisted. He didn't get killed.
I imagine many knuckleheads get away with it every year

I remember an old white woman a few years ago who refused to sign a speeding ticket that ended with her face down on the concrete in handcuffs

acting stupid often produces unpredictable results

I imagine many knuckleheads get away with it every year

I remember an old white woman a few years ago who refused to sign a speeding ticket that ended with her face down on the concrete in handcuffs

acting stupid often produces unpredictable results

You don't actually have to sign the ticket. The officer knows that and should have immediately been terminated.

Reminds me of the Springsteen song that goes: "Mr. State Trooper, please don't stop me...." because the character in the song had had enough of this world and didn't want to take anybody out with him. A cop never knows what he's walking up on....but he walks up on it and whatever happens, happens. The cop went home that night...the guy in the car didn't.

You don't actually have to sign the ticket.
Wrong

signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt but merely a promise to appear

and it is mandatory

A traffic citation is still valid whether or not the police officer has you sign it. Signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt, but just acknowledges that you know you have a gotten a ticket and promise to appear in court. If you refuse to sign it, it will just agitate the officer and the judge when you contest it.

11 Traffic Ticket Myths Debunked | Freeway Insurance.

Yeah, that is murder.
It does not look like murder to me

in every case, whether the citizen is black or white, the incident becomes deadly after they decide to resist the cops instead of cooperating

What's your point?

This dude was daring the cop to shoot him and even told him to draw his service weapon.

What the fuck?

You don't actually have to sign the ticket.
Wrong

signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt but merely a promise to appear

and it is mandatory

A traffic citation is still valid whether or not the police officer has you sign it. Signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt, but just acknowledges that you know you have a gotten a ticket and promise to appear in court. If you refuse to sign it, it will just agitate the officer and the judge when you contest it.

11 Traffic Ticket Myths Debunked | Freeway Insurance.
Right, but if you don't sign that promise to appear, your appearance is questionable, so they arrest you, which they can do lawfully. The citation is merely a means of not taking the time to haul your ass downtown and book you. It's like a PR bond, without the bail hearing.

"A ranger at Carlsbad Caverns National Park tased and then fatally shot a man during a New Mexico traffic stop and then handcuffed his lifeless body."

"The ranger stopped the 25-year-old Lorentz for speeding on a dirt road near the park’s Rattlesnake Springs area, and Mitchell’s lapel video shows him ordering Lorentz to spread his feet and move closer to a railing."

“That’s when I shot him with a Taser, it did nothing,” Mitchell tells an Eddy County sheriff’s deputy later, which was also caught on video. “I went dry stun, he hit me somewhere right here on the side of my head. The fight was on, he grabbed me around the neck, he tried to push my head into the push bar, and I came up and fired one round. I don’t know if I got him or not, but I definitely got him on the second one and he crumpled.”

"Three minutes after the shooting, Mitchell put handcuffs on Lorentz’s motionless body and declared him “under arrest,” and eight minutes after the shooting removes the first aid kit from his vehicle — but doesn’t actually render aid until 12 minutes after the shooting"

Following protocol maam.

The guy resisted arrest and the officer clearly shot him in self defense. The main question is, why render aid at all if the guy was already dead?

It looks like the guy was trying to kill the ranger when he drew and fired.

Completely.

Legal.

Shoot.

Stop FIGHTING WITH COPS!!!!!

GODDAMMIT!!! Natural Selection is REAL!!!

Forum List

Back