Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are
MLK was a great person. So you ass-wipes do a statue of a penis?

I'm an equal opportunity guy. I've dated White, Black, Asian and Hispanic women. I had a great time with all of them.

Sorry Skippy but I am not engaging in your MLK fantasies

Not mine...

Dexter Scott King declared that he and his family believed that James Earl Ray was not guilty of the murder of his father, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Tonight, in a televised interview, Mr. King asserted that President Lyndon B. Johnson must have been part of a military and governmental conspiracy to kill Dr. King.

Zionist Fascist Mass Murderer LBJ and yet another Zionist Fascist False Flag HATE HOAX

Proud of your hero???

R.57bfd8d3c07af40b3edf1b5e85382f0b

Not mine...

Dexter Scott King declared that he and his family believed that James Earl Ray was not guilty of the murder of his father, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Tonight, in a televised interview, Mr. King asserted that President Lyndon B. Johnson must have been part of a military and governmental conspiracy to kill Dr. King.

Zionist Fascist Mass Murderer LBJ and yet another Zionist Fascist False Flag HATE HOAX

Proud of your hero???

R.57bfd8d3c07af40b3edf1b5e85382f0b
Yea…every family has its conspiracy believing crackpots

The Kennedy Family is full of them

Yea…every family has its conspiracy believing crackpots

The Kennedy Family is full of them

crackpot - anyone who noticed that 600F burning jet fuel did not produce a river of 2200F molten steel pouring out of the south tower...

9-11 TRUTH!
:slap:

Being a Zionist Fascist is a life of lying about the obvious, right down to defending a racist fascist warmongering mass murderer like LBJ... and trying to claim Zionist Fascists have more credibility than the MLK family...

Being a Zionist Fascist is a life of lying about the obvious, right down to defending a racist fascist warmongering mass murderer like LBJ... and trying to claim Zionist Fascists have more credibility than the MLK family...

You only said Zionist twice, you need to try harder

You only said Zionist twice, you need to try harder

How would you rate the following Presidents:

Biden
Trump
HomO
W
Clinton
HW
Reagan
Carter
Ford
Nixon
LBJ

Would it be

1. W
2. LBJ
3. Biden

In reality, YUP....

How would you rate the following Presidents:

Biden
Trump
HomO
W
Clinton
HW
Reagan
Carter
Ford
Nixon
LBJ

Would it be

1. W
2. LBJ
3. Biden

In reality, YUP....
1. The Great Obama
2. Reagan
3. LBJ
4 Bush 41
5 Clinton
6 Biden
7. Nixon
8. Ford
9 Carter
10. Bush 43
11. Trump

King saved nothing
FnTyywLaYAARhrj

The US government is the No. 1 violator of human rights in the whole world. US police have killed +1000 people just in 2022 in the US. The US has killed millions of people worldwide with its illegal wars and sanctions. The US is occupying Syria and stealing the wealth of the Syrian people.
The US is the only country that has used nuclear weapons against another country. The US is hunting down and silencing journalists and whistleblowers like Julian Assange and Daniel Hale for speaking the truth. The US is literally funding apartheid in Palestine.
The list of human rights violations by the US is endless. The US is in no position to lecture China or anybody else on human rights.

King saved nothing
FnTyywLaYAARhrj

The US government is the No. 1 violator of human rights in the whole world. US police have killed +1000 people just in 2022 in the US. The US has killed millions of people worldwide with its illegal wars and sanctions. The US is occupying Syria and stealing the wealth of the Syrian people.
The US is the only country that has used nuclear weapons against another country. The US is hunting down and silencing journalists and whistleblowers like Julian Assange and Daniel Hale for speaking the truth. The US is literally funding apartheid in Palestine.
The list of human rights violations by the US is endless. The US is in no position to lecture China or anybody else on human rights.
Has nothing to do with Dr King

But thanks for playing

Sad to see todays Republicans working to reverse Dr Kings legacy.
Reverse Affirmative Action
Gut social programs
Take away healthcare
Sad To see Democrats try to take King and his legacy as their own given how they treated him. Segregation, Jim Crow, voting against countless civil rights bills, and having him under electronic surveillance.

A simple apology will suffice.

Sad To see Democrats try to take King and his legacy as their own given how they treated him. Segregation, Jim Crow, voting against countless civil rights bills, and having him under electronic surveillance.

LBJ had the FBI spy on Dr. King.

LBJ had the FBI spy on Dr. King.
As they should have. He was an opportunistic swine. As was LBJ

By bugging the room, they were able to listen in on King and at least 11 others participated in what the FBI memos describe as “an orgy” on Jan. 6, 1964.

The microphones also picked up activities from the night before, when Kearse, who died in 1991, allegedly sexually assaulted one of his parishioners. According to the memos, King was in the room. The handwritten note indicates that King didn’t just observe the assault – he laughed.

Worse, instead of trying to stop the incident, the memos say King apparently offered advice to the perpetrator, encouraging the abuse

Last edited:

Let’s get it straight.
I was alive at the time and I saw how US CONSERVATIVES treated Dr King.

They called him a Communist, Whore Monger, racist
Read this thread….you can see they still do

It was Republicans who fought against a Dr King Holiday because they did not think him worthy, Republicans who killed Affirmative Action, Republicans who fought against healthcare for all

Last edited:

If it were you, wouldn’t you want to know it differently?

Forum List

Back