Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are
OH look----------in order to protect and promote a corrupt senile bribe taking pedo family WHITE dem, the dems are going to cram the race card down our throats...

After King got back from the war, he needed to make money and discovered that pushing the race community organizing was a profitable gig that provided lots of opportunity for King to screw multiple women despite being married. That is is all it really was for him. Had he not died--------------you would have seen him to be just another slimey Jesse Jackson user.
unworthy of even responding to

Your pretense that Congress is some sacred cow

Yes they are
Trump had no right to send a mob to attack them
Unprecedented and Inexcusable

YOur side has been using mobs for political violence for years now, against the normal citizens of this nation.

SO, fuck your pretense otherwise.

AND fuck you too, for good measure.
Dr Martin Luther King used mobs for peaceful protests
Donald Trump used terrorists to kill people

I wasn't really going that far back, more focusing on the last few years, with your side's use of BLM and Antifa, as I have repeatedly pointed out to you.

Oh, wait. YOu knew that. You just played retarded so you could get in a zinger.

Dude. You are pretending to be retarded. The zinger is on you.

Trump did not want people to die in that protest. He wanted the irregularities in the election investigated.

KING, wanted people to get killed. So that he could use that for a play for sympathy from the Good People of this Great Nation.

It worked. For a while. But now his ideological descendants are using the same tactics to tear the nation apart and foster increased racism.

Trump sent terrorists to attack Congress under the Flag of TRUMP

One riot that did nothing, hardly compares to the last four years of you people.
"One riot that did nothing"

rotfl-gif.288736

What did it do? Fucktard.
LOL

You're fucking deranged. :cuckoo:

It was a seditious rebellion against our government. That's treason. It led to 5 deaths, possibly 6. It resulted in a POTUS being impeached. It was only the second time our Capitol was invaded; the first being by the British during the War of 1812. It was an attempt to overthrow our government and prevent Biden from becoming president. And only because of the heroic actions of police, was the VPOTUS not lynched and members of Congress not murdered.

There is nothing else like it in U.S. history. Your failed attempts to equate it to BLM riots are an utter failure and exhibit nothing but whataboutisms because even you know you can't defend the abhorrent actions of those traitors.

You started a war and the other side escalated more than you wanted?

Aw, boo hoo, little cry baby.

So, moving forward do you want more war or less?

Hint: I know that you want more and plan to whine like a faggot again, when it blows back in your face again.
Not my problem you're too ignorant to comprehend there was no attempt by the left to thwart the peaceful transfer of power. Your inability to understand a peaceful transfer of power is where the outgoing government peacefully and effectively hands over control to the incoming government undermines the childish idiocies you espouse. Unless protesters interfere with that process, they are not interfering with the peaceful transfer of power, they are simply protesting since the peaceful transfer of power is a function of government.

I'm sure you can always find some minor difference and thus claim that your side's violence is ok while your enemies' violence is soooo wrong.

Here is the deal though. The end result is ever increasing civil unrest and violence, and the little tales you tell yourself, are as useful as a stuffed teddy bear.
LOL

It's not a minor difference, you brain-dead nutcase. :cuckoo:

It's the very definition of peaceful transfer of power. Democrats didn't try to prevent it. They didn't kill anyone over it. They didn't try to kill the vice president over it. They didn't storm the Capitol over it. Meanwhile, Obama's administration complied from the beginning to transfer power. Trump risked national security to prevent Biden from becoming president after Biden won the election. He brainwashed his moronic base into believing the election was rigged and he was robbed. He did insane damage to the nation, culminating with his base, in his name, committing the worst act of treason in our lifetime.

You have absolutely no defense about that whatsoever. None. So buried within your own desperation, you try to pivot to other unrelated events. You're just a piece of shit. I know it. You know it. Most everyone posting here knows it.

YOur side did not respect the peaceful transfer of power. That you did it differently is less important than the fact you did it first.

It is also worth noting that the riot in dc, was an outlier, by a small group while your sides actions were owned by the Dem Party and supported by the rank and file.

So, your denial is fucking stupid.
Sadly, your dumbfuckery persists. None of those prevented the peaceful transfer of power or even attempted to prevent the peaceful transfer of power. Again, for your edification, the government is responsible for the peaceful transfer of power and they did nothing to disrupt it. You're truly fucking nuts. And desperate.

That was an excellent demonstrating of the logical fallacy of proof by assertion.

In doing so, you have conceded the argument.

My point stands as the final word.

It was our turn and you people did all you could to take it away or at least make it not count.

That is not respecting the peaceful transfer of power.

That is my point.

If you people don't respect the peaceful transfer of power, why should we?
LOLOL

You keep telling yourself that even as you delude yourself into believing the left attempt to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power like the right did.

:lmao:

It was our turn and you people did all you could to take it away or at least make it not count.

That is my point.

LOLOL

If your point actually stood as the final word, you wouldn't feel the need to keep repeating yourself. :lmao:

You yourself prove it's not the final word by repeating yourself. And again, your whataboutisms are the downfall of your point. All they are, are empty, worthless deflections from a failed revolution intended to prevent the peaceful transfer of power you can't defend.

I made a point, and you have just been stonewalling and gaslighting since then.

Thus, ,i do need to repeat my point, so that it is not buried in your shit.

Thus, my repeating it, is NOT evidence that it is not the final word.

Here it is again, monkey.

That is my point.

LOL

You're repeating it again? You don't know what the word, "final," means. :lmao:

Yes, I do. YOu are unable to refute my point, and thus, it stands as the final word.

That is my point.

Your pretense that Congress is some sacred cow

Yes they are
Trump had no right to send a mob to attack them
Unprecedented and Inexcusable

YOur side has been using mobs for political violence for years now, against the normal citizens of this nation.

SO, fuck your pretense otherwise.

AND fuck you too, for good measure.
Dr Martin Luther King used mobs for peaceful protests
Donald Trump used terrorists to kill people

I wasn't really going that far back, more focusing on the last few years, with your side's use of BLM and Antifa, as I have repeatedly pointed out to you.

Oh, wait. YOu knew that. You just played retarded so you could get in a zinger.

Dude. You are pretending to be retarded. The zinger is on you.

Trump did not want people to die in that protest. He wanted the irregularities in the election investigated.

KING, wanted people to get killed. So that he could use that for a play for sympathy from the Good People of this Great Nation.

It worked. For a while. But now his ideological descendants are using the same tactics to tear the nation apart and foster increased racism.

Trump sent terrorists to attack Congress under the Flag of TRUMP

One riot that did nothing, hardly compares to the last four years of you people.
"One riot that did nothing"

rotfl-gif.288736

What did it do? Fucktard.
LOL

You're fucking deranged. :cuckoo:

It was a seditious rebellion against our government. That's treason. It led to 5 deaths, possibly 6. It resulted in a POTUS being impeached. It was only the second time our Capitol was invaded; the first being by the British during the War of 1812. It was an attempt to overthrow our government and prevent Biden from becoming president. And only because of the heroic actions of police, was the VPOTUS not lynched and members of Congress not murdered.

There is nothing else like it in U.S. history. Your failed attempts to equate it to BLM riots are an utter failure and exhibit nothing but whataboutisms because even you know you can't defend the abhorrent actions of those traitors.

You started a war and the other side escalated more than you wanted?

Aw, boo hoo, little cry baby.

So, moving forward do you want more war or less?

Hint: I know that you want more and plan to whine like a faggot again, when it blows back in your face again.
Not my problem you're too ignorant to comprehend there was no attempt by the left to thwart the peaceful transfer of power. Your inability to understand a peaceful transfer of power is where the outgoing government peacefully and effectively hands over control to the incoming government undermines the childish idiocies you espouse. Unless protesters interfere with that process, they are not interfering with the peaceful transfer of power, they are simply protesting since the peaceful transfer of power is a function of government.

I'm sure you can always find some minor difference and thus claim that your side's violence is ok while your enemies' violence is soooo wrong.

Here is the deal though. The end result is ever increasing civil unrest and violence, and the little tales you tell yourself, are as useful as a stuffed teddy bear.
LOL

It's not a minor difference, you brain-dead nutcase. :cuckoo:

It's the very definition of peaceful transfer of power. Democrats didn't try to prevent it. They didn't kill anyone over it. They didn't try to kill the vice president over it. They didn't storm the Capitol over it. Meanwhile, Obama's administration complied from the beginning to transfer power. Trump risked national security to prevent Biden from becoming president after Biden won the election. He brainwashed his moronic base into believing the election was rigged and he was robbed. He did insane damage to the nation, culminating with his base, in his name, committing the worst act of treason in our lifetime.

You have absolutely no defense about that whatsoever. None. So buried within your own desperation, you try to pivot to other unrelated events. You're just a piece of shit. I know it. You know it. Most everyone posting here knows it.

YOur side did not respect the peaceful transfer of power. That you did it differently is less important than the fact you did it first.

It is also worth noting that the riot in dc, was an outlier, by a small group while your sides actions were owned by the Dem Party and supported by the rank and file.

So, your denial is fucking stupid.
Sadly, your dumbfuckery persists. None of those prevented the peaceful transfer of power or even attempted to prevent the peaceful transfer of power. Again, for your edification, the government is responsible for the peaceful transfer of power and they did nothing to disrupt it. You're truly fucking nuts. And desperate.

That was an excellent demonstrating of the logical fallacy of proof by assertion.

In doing so, you have conceded the argument.

That is my point.

LOLOL

You keep telling yourself that even as you delude yourself into believing the left attempt to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power like the right did.

:lmao:

That is my point.

LOLOL

If your point actually stood as the final word, you wouldn't feel the need to keep repeating yourself. :lmao:

You yourself prove it's not the final word by repeating yourself. And again, your whataboutisms are the downfall of your point. All they are, are empty, worthless deflections from a failed revolution intended to prevent the peaceful transfer of power you can't defend.

I made a point, and you have just been stonewalling and gaslighting since then.

Thus, ,i do need to repeat my point, so that it is not buried in your shit.

Thus, my repeating it, is NOT evidence that it is not the final word.

Here it is again, monkey.

That is my point.

LOL

You're repeating it again? You don't know what the word, "final," means. :lmao:

Yes, I do. YOu are unable to refute my point, and thus, it stands as the final word.

That is my point.

LOLOL

Dumbfuck, your "point" was utterly beaten and thoroughly debunked. There were no protests or riots that threatened the peaceful transfer of power from Obama to Trump. The same cannot be said about the peaceful transfer of power from Trump to Biden. You can repeat your "final" word until your dying breath, it will never be true, which is why you possess zero evidence that protesters or rioters threatened the peaceful transfer of power from Obama to Trump AND why it's not a "final" word because you have to keep repeating your lie. When something is truly "final," it need not be repeated over and over and over and over.

Dumbfuck, your "point" was utterly beaten and thoroughly debunked. There were no protests or riots that threatened the peaceful transfer of power from Obama to Trump.

There were illegal spying, illegal investigations, an attempted soft coup, and riots, open insurrection, attacks on federal buildings and agents, all with the support of Democratic Party as a group.

Your pretense that the fact that ONE little riot, from the other side, is so much more important than all of that,

is just you being full of shit.

Dumbfuck, your "point" was utterly beaten and thoroughly debunked. There were no protests or riots that threatened the peaceful transfer of power from Obama to Trump.

There were illegal spying, illegal investigations, an attempted soft coup, and riots, open insurrection, attacks on federal buildings and agents, all with the support of Democratic Party as a group.

Your pretense that the fact that ONE little riot, from the other side, is so much more important than all of that,

Obama did NOTHING illegal

If he had....Trump had four years to prosecute ANYONE associated with illegal activities

If he had....Trump had four years to prosecute ANYONE associated with illegal activities

Really? Abusing the power of the Presidency to spy on your partisan enemies is legal?

Well, maybe it is. I'm not a lawyer.

BUt it is certainly wrong. And oppressive.

Really? Abusing the power of the Presidency to spy on your partisan enemies is legal?

Show me
Trump had four years to investigate and came up with.......Nothing
More false accusations out of Trump

Show me

Fuck you and your gaslighting.

Show me

Once again..when challenged to support your claims

You got NOTHING

Show me

Once again..when challenged to support your claims

You got NOTHING

None of which had any impact on the peaceful transfer of power.

See that grave? It's where your point is buried.

Sure it did. YOu tried to reverse it. And even after that failed, you tried and to some extent succeeded in preventing us from getting to use our turn.

AND, you cut it short.

All in all, enough to justify the next round of escalation.

YOu want to keep going, or you want to reconsider your choice for Civil War?

Think fast. One of these days, you will look around and realize it is too late to change your mind.

We could use a Martin Luther King today to fight the spread of right wing extremism

Amen

Here comes the republicans to claim him as one of their own, happens every year.

The Democrat JFK DOJ were the ones who tapped MLK's phone and kept him under surveillance - not his fellow Republicans.

Remember that Dr. King applied for a concealed carry permit- and was denied by liberal sheriffs.

During his time, MLK was looked at as an "uncle tom" by liberals , who advocated for the policies of liberal black activists like the late Stokely Carmichael and H. Rap Brown instead.

Sure it did. YOu tried to reverse it. And even after that failed, you tried and to some extent succeeded in preventing us from getting to use our turn.

AND, you cut it short.

Think fast. One of these days, you will look around and realize it is too late to change your mind.
Nope, there was no attempt to interfere with the peaceful transfer of power just because you're too ignorant to know what the peaceful transfer of power is. For your edification, the peaceful transfer of power is a governmental process. Protesters had no effect on it.

AND, you cut it short.

Nope, there was no attempt to interfere with the peaceful transfer of power just because you're too ignorant to know what the peaceful transfer of power is. For your edification, the peaceful transfer of power is a governmental process. Protesters had no effect on it.

Your word games are noted and dismissed.

Your choice also has been noted. Your vote, "Yes" for civil war, will be counted.

I hope that you enjoy the civil war. And by "enjoy" I mean, get what you so richly deserve.

Forum List

Back