Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

With our nations Capitol under armed guard to protect against RW extremists, we need the call to peace from Dr King more than ever.

MLK fought against real assaults on our Democracy and Freedom not fabricated stories from a President unwilling to accept that he was soundly defeated by the voters
West coast, last 8 months. Crickets.
They protested against the Police killing of a black man who was begging for his life.

Something Martin Luther King saw much of in his life

It is sad that such violence happens. Especially with 50 year old drug addicts.

But, as Mike pointed out, months of riots and you people were fine with it.

Now, you will have your dem president. Adn still dem mayors and dem city councils.

SO, when it still happens, what will your excuse be?

What will BIDEN do, when blm riots?

Or, will BLM not care about it, with a dem in office?

That is easy...

They will blame Trump........

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are
Were better off ?The Country is going down the toilet, turned into a giant shit hole, Democrats have burn down cites ,and you turds elected moron biden.
4m6pbm.jpg

Yeah, rioting over some pos black criminal is a real riot. Fucking liars all, they just want to steal and tear up shit because they are animals.
Beats rioting over the lies an egotistical President tells you because he can’t admit he lost

There were years of riots from blm and antifa and ONE from the right.

Yet, you people are acting like the RIght is the problem.

Payback is going to be a bitch for you.

Yes the Right is MOST of the problem.
Those BLM riots would not happen or be necessary if not for the Right.
The fact the Right is not rioting just shows they already are in charge and are the ones at fault for how unfair this society is and how illegal the laws currently are. Like the War on Drugs, 3 strikes laws, fake felonies used to disenfranchise voters, gun control, illegal foreign wars, etc.

THe dems have been in charge in the cities where the various shootings took place for decades.

THe dems will now be in charge in dc.

EVERYTHING, I hear them planning to do, will make the issue of policing WORSE, not better.

If that happens, what will you do then?

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are
tinfoilhats_2012h.jpg

MLK made a huge mistake......he chose Lyndon Johnson over Barry Goldwater....Barry Goldwater was an actual Civil Rights hero....

LBJ fought for the passing of the Civil Rights act at great political cost to his party.

Goldwater fought for the rights of states to discriminate against its citizens

I am extreme leftist, progressive, liberal, but LBJ in no way was fighting for civil rights or sacrificed anything.
He simply realized that southern Blacks had a history of voting Republican because it used to be the "Party of Lincoln", and that if he pass a civil rights bill, the democrats could swing 20 million Black voters over to the democratic party.
It is naive and incorrect to believe LBJ was principled.
If he was, then he would have ended the illegal war in Vietnam.
Blacks had been voting Democrat since FDR

LBJ alienated southern racists and cost Democrats the once solid south. He said it was worth it

Were better off ?The Country is going down the toilet, turned into a giant shit hole, Democrats have burn down cites ,and you turds elected moron biden.
View attachment 444223
The Butt Hurt is strong in this one
You lost, time to get over it

Any major city with a Martin king blvd is a shit hole you would not drive down a night . Democrats have destroyed this Country, and Biden will let in every riff raft from any country just come on in. 1000’s of Hondurans are making their method on foot throughout Guatemala to United States.Just in time as Biden is sworn in.
AP_21016647443394 (1).jpg

Everybody chill!
I know people who belong to Democratic and Republican clubs and they do exactly what RWer does because they get contracts.

Happy Birthday Dr King

1610903284308.jpeg

Sadly, today the Martin Luther King Memorial has to be protected by armed National Guardsmen to protect it from crazed Trump supporters

View attachment 444223
The Butt Hurt is strong in this one
No butt hurt ,sad to see democrats tear this country to pieces ,a giant welfare country.

Said the man that supports tearing down the statues of other people.

Doctor Martin Luther King was an American Patriot who died fighting for Liberty and Justice.

Confederate leaders were traitors who took up arms against our country so they could maintain a Slave Nation

With our nations Capitol under armed guard to protect against RW extremists, we need the call to peace from Dr King more than ever.

MLK fought against real assaults on our Democracy and Freedom not fabricated stories from a President unwilling to accept that he was soundly defeated by the voters
For four years you guys spied on the president and those around him, called him an illegitimate president, fabricated stories about Russian collusion, accused him of being a spy, attacked govt buildings, looted and burned and our cities and victimized people who had nothing to do with it, and suddenly you guys are now worried about our "democracy"?

If you need 20,000 soldiers for the inauguration of a president, then maybe he wasn't actually elected by the people, he's being installed.

Are we allowed to mention all the underage sex orgies he had. Or how many minors he doinked. How he serially cheated on all his children in the arms of other women.

The Kennedy archives tell all. We need to hold King to the same standards of Epstein.

So we ask. Was being a pedo with way under aged girls ok because it was him.

notice we need the BBC to cover this....lolol...What a fraud this country is.

Doctor Martin Luther King was an American Patriot who died fighting for Liberty and Justice.

Confederate leaders were traitors who took up arms against our country so they could maintain a Slave Nation

Confederate leaders fought for their states and lost.

MLK, based on how things are going, fought for his people and seems to have lost.

I'm perfectly willing to let MLK statues stand where it is. Or I was, until you started this game.

Are we allowed to mention all the underage sex orgies he had. Or how many minors he doinked. How he serially cheated on all his children in the arms of other women.

The Kennedy archives tell all. We need to hold King to the same standards of Epstein.

Fake News

MLK, based on how things are going, fought for his people and seems to have lost.

I'm perfectly willing to let MLK statues stand where it is. Or I was, until you started this game.

Confederate leaders fought to maintain slavery forever
The nation they fought for was 40 percent in slavery

Dr King fought against Jim Crow America that was the south’s answer to slavery

Fake News
LOLOL. The Kennedy archives...lololol

Poor guy. Can't accept a damned historical fact. Your man was a sexual predator. We need to be fair now and tell the truth.......lolol

He was a pedo like Epstein. You cannot run from it...LOLOLOLOLOL

Confederate leaders fought to maintain slavery forever
The nation they fought for was 40 percent in slavery

Dr King fought against Jim Crow America that was the south’s answer to slavery

And today, his ideological followers are tearign this nation apart. ANd supporting racist policies and discrimination.

He lost.

His statue should come down.

Forum List

Back