Dr Fauci needs to go

Sorry, the FDA took down the rails for these drug approvals before Trump stood up and touted them.

Wrong. Trump first mentioned the drug on March 19th. The FDA issued an Emergency Use Authorization on March 28th. I might add, my wife is an Internist and knew about the promising results of his treatment about the same time Trump mentioned it or maybe a week before.

Bump..what no snide replies from you lefties? You get dinged on the facts and you just move on to the next Trump bashing nonsense you hear on the news.

I gave that to you. March 28th was the date the FDA issued formal approval. You might have missed it. I also asked how Trump knew of the drug in the first place? (linked article will tell you how).

You have been duped again by the MSM. The first mention by Fox News of hydroxychloroquine with regards to its treatment for COVID 19 was on March 23rd. Trump mentioned it in his press conference on March 19th. The article you link, is disingenuous at best, implying that Trump mentioned it shortly after hearing it on Fox news. Yeah, he did mention it AGAIN after Fox News aired it, but he had mentioned it prior. If anything, they got the news from him, not vice-versa. The MSM has an agenda and folks lap it up. They must feed the anti-Trump sentiment or readers will go elsewhere for their never-Trump fix.

As I mentioned, my wife knew about this treatment, as did many others in the medical profession, at least 1 week prior to Trump even mentioning it. This article and many others love to discredit Fox News and any doctors that appear on the show, as if their opinions are somehow less informed than those that appear on CNN or MSNBC. I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt, the vast majority of doctors around the world are confident in this drug as a treatment. Just because Fauci wants to be overly cauutious doesn't it make it less true. The side effects have been so grossly overstated it should qualify as fake news. The vast majority of the major complications arise in a very small percentage(1-2%) of patients who take the drug routinely for many years. The recommended dosage for this virus is a week. You do the math.

You have been duped. The MSM is pushing a false narrative.

You know, I find it kinda strange that the only treatment Trump is spouting is the chloroquinequine drug. There are several other teams out there working on promising treatments. One that has been pretty successful is plasma donations from virus patients who have been recovered and shown to be virus free with the antibodies. Only problem with that, is you gotta wait for someone to recover, and they have to be the same blood type as the person needing the treatment.

I've already seen news stories about recovered virus patients holding plasma drives for those who are currently sick.

You know, I find it kinda strange that the only treatment Trump is spouting is the chloroquinequine drug. There are several other teams out there working on promising treatments.

President Trump mentions the anti-Malaria drug because it has been proven to cure Kung Flu within hours in most cases. He also mentions Tiny Tony Fraudi approaches such as unproven vaccines, and unproven assorted, very expensive anti-viral drugs.

He's a doctor, and has looked at this virus and seen what it is and can do. He also knows that it will probably be around every year now, and without a vaccine, you could possibly have a pandemic every year. But, even with a vaccine, we will never be able to return to the days before COVID, because now everyone is going to be looking for it. If we get a vaccine, we might get back to some semblance of normalcy. One thing about this virus, if they get a yearly vaccine for it, I'm gonna go get shots.

Well, although a doctor, he already changed his mid few times. at first he told us that corona virus is ten times deadlier than the seasonal flu, just to write differently about it in The New England Journal of Medicine. His initial statement caused hysteria in media, and in political class as well, and it went downward from there.

Yeah, he's a doctor, but also a scientific mastermind behind both, the economic carnage and stay-at-home isolation, which became two main pillars of America’s ingenious new public health strategy. Last week he delivered more bad news when he said we’ll have to keep living like this until the virus is eradicated. Excuse me?

To eradicate it, we need a vaccine, and time to develop safe, and FDA approved vaccine could be anywhere between twelve and eighteen months, The economic shutdown alone is already a burden to whole country, and social confinement is oppression that cannot continue. Add to that time to manufacture and distribute enough vaccines to inoculate at least 60% of the population, that means we don't get our rights restored for much longer than that.

Exactly. He is a doctor. A health professional. He deals in facts. Not fanciful back to normal by Easter predictions and hydroxychloriquine shouted and touted as a wonder drug. Reality is exactly what I want from my health professionals. Because if they open this back up too soon and the virus blooms again, you're actually going to wish Pence was President. The article you linked was actually pretty positive. Dr Fauci's remarks were grounded in reality but he does speak to some hope here. Not sure why you are getting all worked up about it. All he's saying is that we'll probably never be able to go back to what we considered normal (before the virus outbreak). I'm not a health professional but I could have told you that on the night of March 11th.

All of the models they are putting out there concerning this outbreak have been wrong. Not just a little wrong, but way WAY wrong and it's these models all of these governors were basing their decisions on when they shut down their states and put millions out of work and grossly infringing on people's civil liberties. All we heard nonstop was that Armageddon was coming and those of us who told you it was all bullshit got ridiculed for it. Well, we're turning out to be closer to correct than you guys are. Armageddon didn't come and it's not because of the social distancing methods because those were already factored into the models. Outside of New York, hospitals aren't being overwhelmed like we were told they were and even in NY they haven't hit capacity. Some states are now giving away ventilators to others because they didn't end up needing them. My state has been on a stay at home order since March 17th and we've had a mere 2000 cases and 80 deaths out of a population of 3,000,000 people and our governor actually just implemented MORE restrictions last night. More, over the deaths of .0026% of the state population. In 2018 we lost 331 people to car accidents, but these 80 fatalities justify shutting down the state economy and causing financial pain for months, possibly years to come for millions?

And the idea that there will never be "normal" again like before the outbreak is fucking absurd. Spanish Influenza killed exponentially more people than this around the world and things returned to normal. The Black Plague wiped out a third of Europe and life went back to normal. Give me a break. God knows the statists out there would certainly love to take advantage of this situation and sink their claws permanently into people's personal liberties.
Imagine putting a whole nation under house arrest and crashing the booming economy, and the reason for this was all based on fictitious prediction that were very very wrong. The predictions were adjusted down from their initial 2 million deaths to 200,000 now down to 60,000. Someone has to be held responsible for this .
We could have gotten better results from getting those predictions from the famous phony Jamaican psychic Miss Cleo. Dr Doom Fauci is still basing his data on the errant predictions so he doesn't want to restart the country till fall and by then it will be too late.

This stay-at-home lockdown is insane. No remotely similar brutal experiment in tough love has ever been tried, so nobody can even guess guess how bad things will get. The Great Depression saw just three consecutive years averaging around a 9% decline in GDP, and unemployment peaked at 25%. We have projections that we'll have much worse in just few months.

With booming economy, Trump would be re-elected in landslide, and with economy crashing, who has most to gain when we know that no president has been rel-elected with economy in recession?

1585159238977.jpg

I actually feel kind of sorry for Fauci. He has made so many bad predictions that now he has to resort to a 'what if' scenario. Trump used him and played him like a fiddle. The pandemic is about over, let's figure out the oil situation and get the fuck back to work!

Isn't "what if" classical leftist doctrine they've been following since Trump was elected? Isn't that what media was doing every time they insinuated Trump did something, just to bring "experts" to confirm their "what ifs" and proceed on it as it did happened?

Dr. Fauci, along with other federal employees doesn't have to worry about any missing paychecks as so many Americans already did. Unlike us, regular people, in time of crisis, bureaucrats get to declare themselves “essential.” No matter how much misery they rain down, we never have to worry they won’t be compensated. He is guaranteed never to miss a penny of his very nice salary since he’s the most “essential” bureaucrat of all. In three decades of no experience whatsoever outside the federal bureaucracy means that neither his record of wildly exaggerating the threat of AIDS nor the disastrous job he did crafting a response negatively affected his government career.

I think Dr. Fauci’s bold lack of concern for epidemiological reality is exactly what’s needed to guide us through this crisis.

I wonder if anyone else sees the irony here, Fauci is a scientist. They talk in what is known, they don’t commit to the own known and soothing the public isn’t their remit. They are not politicians.

In other words...he is pretty much what you liked in Trump. Straight speaking. Not a politician.

But now you don’t like that and you want Trump to act like a politician.

This "scientist" is bureaucrat first. He hasn't been right on most of his opinions, especially in AIDS field, and recent prognosis with COVID-19 as well.

Send out more stimulus checks until we get this virus in check.

It will be unchecked until vaccine is ready, approved (12-18 months), produced, distributed and applied to at least 60% of population (another 6 months).

Stimulus? More power to politicians, I'd say. No thanks.

Heaven forbid that there should be ANYONE in the Trump Administration who believes in science!

I actually feel kind of sorry for Fauci. He has made so many bad predictions that now he has to resort to a 'what if' scenario. Trump used him and played him like a fiddle. The pandemic is about over, let's figure out the oil situation and get the fuck back to work!

Isn't "what if" classical leftist doctrine they've been following since Trump was elected? Isn't that what media was doing every time they insinuated Trump did something, just to bring "experts" to confirm their "what ifs" and proceed on it as it did happened?

Dr. Fauci, along with other federal employees doesn't have to worry about any missing paychecks as so many Americans already did. Unlike us, regular people, in time of crisis, bureaucrats get to declare themselves “essential.” No matter how much misery they rain down, we never have to worry they won’t be compensated. He is guaranteed never to miss a penny of his very nice salary since he’s the most “essential” bureaucrat of all. In three decades of no experience whatsoever outside the federal bureaucracy means that neither his record of wildly exaggerating the threat of AIDS nor the disastrous job he did crafting a response negatively affected his government career.

I think Dr. Fauci’s bold lack of concern for epidemiological reality is exactly what’s needed to guide us through this crisis.
Yeah, he's an "expert" and "don't try this at home." You might stumble across the TRUTH!

Fauci needs a promotion. He knows more about this stuff than the rest combined in those press conferences. He's a hero.

He doesn't. You based that on "30 years" being employed by government.

You wouldn't be saying that if you knew his record in past 30 years of being government employee.

It seems all Fauci talks about is projections coming from models, and so far he's been way off. I guess when you use flawed data you get flawed results. Fauci is far from a hero, also curious about his ties with the Gates Foundation.
Projections change when models change. The nation’s overall adherence over the last few weeks to social distancing guidelines has changed earlier projections. This is not rocket science.

Forum List

Back