Dow just blew through 16k

Since we've done nothing but non-stop Quantitative Easing for the last seven years...with the Fed keeping interest rates at near zero so that the stock market would artificially bubble...the Fed now has almost no arrows left in it's "quiver" to address a floundering Wall Street.

There should have been a gradual raising of interest rates so that we didn't find ourselves in this position. Bad fiscal policy always comes back to bite you in the ass eventually. Bend over, Kiddies...

Since we've done nothing but non-stop Quantitative Easing for the last seven years...

QE ended last October.

The rate was supposed to raised this September, Todd but the Fed has now backed off on that and estimates are that QE will continue unabated until at least sometime next year. Why you think QE "ended" mystifies me.

bluegin, you are going to get higher gas prices, as long as the gigantic BP refinery is down in Illinois or Indiana. It's inablity to turn out refined product will mean higher prices for you folks for a while.

For us, in Texas, we are at 2.06 in some places, and the prices will be under 2 within a week.

Since we've done nothing but non-stop Quantitative Easing for the last seven years...with the Fed keeping interest rates at near zero so that the stock market would artificially bubble...the Fed now has almost no arrows left in it's "quiver" to address a floundering Wall Street.

There should have been a gradual raising of interest rates so that we didn't find ourselves in this position. Bad fiscal policy always comes back to bite you in the ass eventually. Bend over, Kiddies...

Since we've done nothing but non-stop Quantitative Easing for the last seven years...

QE ended last October.

The rate was supposed to raised this September, Todd but the Fed has now backed off on that and estimates are that QE will continue unabated until at least sometime next year. Why you think QE "ended" mystifies me.

Why you think QE "ended" mystifies me.

What do you think QE stands for?
How do they implement QE?

The DOW just dropped below 16k with a -460 point drop for the day......so far....

Remains to be seen if it recovers. However, it [DOW] has given back 3k points in the past week....Approaching a 10% decline in year over year.....

However, it [DOW] has given back 3k points in the past week

1200, not 3000 points.
Less than 1000 over the last year.
Yeah, My bad...I have no idea where 3k came from....

The DOW just dropped below 16k with a -460 point drop for the day......so far....

Remains to be seen if it recovers. However, it [DOW] has given back 3k points in the past week....Approaching a 10% decline in year over year.....
No surprise. The stock market has been over-valued for a very long time. Besides, it's all nothing more than legalized gambling anyway. There's a huge difference between investors and traders. Investors want to see a company grow, and traders just want to make a quick buck. Right now, stocks are an inflated market.

I took out a 401k loan 2 months ago to pay for my wedding, looks like I'll be buying back those shares at a discount for a while.

My 401k value is going to take a hit, but I'm only 40 so dips happen, and cheaper fund shares are more of a benefit than the losses I am taking from market value loss.
If trends hold, you'll make your money back and then some in a few months......I'd consider increasing the contribution to the max amount in about a week....then scale back at the next window.

I'm thinking of buying into oil stocks now that it's broken 40 a barrel. Opinions?
all this green energy nonsense aside, the world runs on oil and will continue to do so for decades at least.
oil is a commodity and will fluctuate...it'll go back up.

I'm thinking of buying into oil stocks now that it's broken 40 a barrel. Opinions?
all this green energy nonsense aside, the world runs on oil and will continue to do so for decades at least.
oil is a commodity and will fluctuate...it'll go back up.
They have made major strides in alternative sources of energy I was saying three years ago that oil was here to stay. I am no longer so sure.

They have also made huge strides in engine efficiency. Strides I believed were impossible.

The Fed could start buying stocks directly or just give money to Wall Street banks again to do it for them.

The Fed could start buying stocks directly or just give money to Wall Street banks again to do it for them.

Markets in the U.S. dropped less than 4% on the day. Except for T-bills, which seem to disproportionately affected by China's woes. We might take a few deep breaths before hitting the panic button.

QE ended last October.

It began tapering off in 2013. It ended last fall:

The Fed Eases Off - Bloomberg QuickTake

QE ended last October.

It began tapering off in 2013. It ended last fall:

The Fed Eases Off - Bloomberg QuickTake

Indeed. When one looks at where QE3 ended, and where the market has gone since then, its clear QE4 in almost a given

-Geaux

Last year when the market dropped over 8% amid Ebola scares et al, the DOW retraced the 8% and them some in as little at 45 days. That is some serious return on investment if you're a timer

-Geaux

Forum List

Back