Dow average closes above 16,000 for the first time

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
This is historic.

President Obama has presided over a Market that when from less than 8K to 16K.

Dow Jones industrial average closes above 16,000 for the first time as job news lifts market

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Dow Jones industrial average is closing above 16,000 for the first time as encouraging news on the job market pushes stocks higher.

Applications for unemployment benefits dropped last week to the lowest level since September. The number of applications is close to where it was before the Great Recession.

The Dow rose 109 points, or 0.7 percent, to 16,010 Thursday.

The Standard & Poor's 500 rose 14 points, or 0.8 percent, to 1,795. The Nasdaq composite rose 47 points, or 1.2 percent, to 3,969.
Dow average closes above 16,000 for the first time - Yahoo Finance

It's above 16,000 because the Fed is feeding it money. What happens when that money get's cut off? Down down down down it goes.

This is historic.

President Obama has presided over a Market that when from less than 8K to 16K.

Dow Jones industrial average closes above 16,000 for the first time as job news lifts market

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Dow Jones industrial average is closing above 16,000 for the first time as encouraging news on the job market pushes stocks higher.

Applications for unemployment benefits dropped last week to the lowest level since September. The number of applications is close to where it was before the Great Recession.

The Dow rose 109 points, or 0.7 percent, to 16,010 Thursday.

The Standard & Poor's 500 rose 14 points, or 0.8 percent, to 1,795. The Nasdaq composite rose 47 points, or 1.2 percent, to 3,969.
Dow average closes above 16,000 for the first time - Yahoo Finance

That's amazing. And if all things under the sun are his fault - then all good is to his credit.

That's how logic works. ;)

Just wait till the bubble bursts...
As soon as the Fed starts hinting about cutting back a dime of the money they are propping
up the market....

Well I will call my broker and tell him to sell everything I have and hope I get out before the crash.

Forum List

Back