Don't you hate it when?

That stick I poke in my eye every now and again annoys me a bit

So maybe it doesn't work in this game?

Depends. Is it intentional? If so, why?

Does it matter?

sure, I mean, you probably need help if you are purposefully annoying yourself.
but if it's an involuntary response, well, you'd still need help, just a different kind ;)
you thought I wasn't going to take you seriously...

What's with the avi? Why don't you just use a picture of yourself?

It's very populated around here. Congested as a matter of a fact! Public transportation just isn't a very popular mode of transportation, I suppose.
I started taking the buses by myself when I was 5 years old. They started to expand the system greatly at that time in 1965. The valley here in Santa Clara County is well covered by buses and express routes. In my condo, I have been only a 5-minute walk from Caltrain for more than 10 years now.

By yourself at 5 years old???!!! Where were your parents? :uhh:

When I was that age, my father told me I should travel the whole country, by bus, I guess, at the age of 5. My father left my mom to get married to another woman who was a special ed teacher, when I was 4 years old.

I went on the bus a good number of times with my mom when I was very little. I don't remember the first times I rode the bus alone, but I know I was less than 6. People didn't care about that back then.

That is not a good idea at all. A 5-year-old child is very vulnerable.

Are you talking about now or in 1966?

It's very populated around here. Congested as a matter of a fact! Public transportation just isn't a very popular mode of transportation, I suppose.
I started taking the buses by myself when I was 5 years old. They started to expand the system greatly at that time in 1965. The valley here in Santa Clara County is well covered by buses and express routes. In my condo, I have been only a 5-minute walk from Caltrain for more than 10 years now.

When I was that age, my father told me I should travel the whole country, by bus, I guess, at the age of 5. My father left my mom to get married to another woman who was a special ed teacher, when I was 4 years old.

I went on the bus a good number of times with my mom when I was very little. I don't remember the first times I rode the bus alone, but I know I was less than 6. People didn't care about that back then.

Does it really matter? A 5-year-old should not really be left to ride public transportation alone, IMO. Nowadays, a parent would be charged with "neglect" for something like that.

Does it really matter? A 5-year-old should not really be left to ride public transportation alone, IMO. Nowadays, a parent would be charged with "neglect" for something like that.

No. :laugh:

Unless Charles Manson found me, I was perfectly safe.

There were a thousand times fewer serial rapists in 1966. Today of course, a small child cannot take the bus by his or herself.

There were a thousand times fewer serial rapists in 1966. Today of course, a small child cannot take the bus by his or herself.

Not something I would take a wager on.

You wouldn't know because you weren't even born yet then, and you won't take my word for it.

You wouldn't know because you weren't even born yet then, and you won't take my word for it.

I just don't see any reason why a parent would not be WITH her or his 5-year-old child, especially when out in the public. Better safe than sorry.

I just don't see any reason why a parent would not be WITH her or his 5-year-old child, especially when out in the public. Better safe than sorry.

My father of course, but my mom always let me have my independence. From the age of 3 years, I could ALWAYS go outside and as far as I could get by myself, and I thank her dearly for that.

My father of course, but my mom always let me have my independence. From the age of 3 years, I could ALWAYS go outside and as far as I could get by myself, and I thank her dearly for that.

That's fucked up, man. If something had ever happened to you, SHE would have to live with that for the rest of her life. The guilt would eat her up.

That's fucked up, man. If something had ever happened to you, SHE would have to live with that for the rest of her life. The guilt would eat her up.

Ah, guilt trips. :laugh:

Part of your JOB as a parent is to make sure your kids are safe. You teach them incrementally and on an age appropriate basis. Letting a 3-year-old toddler toddle around the neighborhood is just fucking stupid. I don't care WHERE you're from.

You think that's funny? Well let me tell you, there is NOTHING funny about living with guilt. It slowly kills you on the inside. WTF is wrong with you?

You think that's funny? Well let me tell you, there is NOTHING funny about living with guilt. It slowly kills you on the inside. WTF is wrong with you?

You don't see the big picture.

You don't see the big picture.

Whatever. That is just laziness on the part of the parent. Nothing more.

Forum List

Back